Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Miss Twilo...

I kno the subject has been beaten over already.. but i had to say it...

i havent been clubbing in the city much since twilo had closed down... ive hit up centro fly... which is really nice.. and vinyl for DT... but thats about it for clubs...

went to the city last nite to check out a couple places that i had never been to before (for obvious reasons...)

it was an experience, but not the greatest... but anything is ok when you have good company...i went with a bunch of jersey people that arent nyc regulars... so i was the pseudo tour guide...

first got dragged to limelight... ive heard lots of shit about this place...

they let anyone and everyone in... the music was pretty bad... the crowd even worse... i was getting groped left and rite... but i had never seen the interior so it was worth checkin out... the highlite of my night was seeing the angels on the ceiling *aHh*...

we left at 5... stopped by the area around ground zero... they some tourist pics...

the people i was with wanted to check out another place... the only thing that came to mind was Factory... since it was a saturday and I had never heard JP yet...

it was everything i expected... juiceheads with no shirts, guidettes with no clothes... fake boobs, fake faces, bleach blonde hair, and lots and lots of attitude... but it was packed... jp was pretty good... not my usual trip, but he didnt suck (xcept for that horrible 'ob la di ob la da' remix...).. ohyah... and i had never seen so many people puke in a club b4 (even in twilo and tunnel hehe...)

i danced for a bit, then did my usual club thing and found a spot to chill at...

walked out... blinded by sunlite...

i miss that feeling... hehe..

kept thinkin bout how much i missed twilo, and how nothing else has ever compared to the twilo experience...

the music, the crowd, the atmosphere...

hopefully some of the rumors bout a new place like that will come around...

thats it for my whining...

.g.

in a way i say fuck twilo,,,,,the space was pretty cool in a way....the music was good ...yess...but the people...uh i dont know....mostly babies and immature brokers eating pills,,,,,ny needs to have a real club like in the orlando days ie abyss and aahz, firestone.....I have a lot of old samples from these days...now that was the the shit that ud want to represent at...I am dissapointed with most new house...however the latino scene isnt bad.. oh yah and keep the female vocalists,,,,enough techno horse shit....Ny its time to take your city back.....we need another axis and nasa.....and beyond.....

well to join in on this debate, i'd like to say that twilo at its peak had some of the best parties in town, which was around 1997-1998 both on fridays and saturdays... does anybody remember the money drop under the disco ball at the one year anniversary for S&D? those were the days... junior's twiloween party with the pumpkins over the speakers and the cute junior masks everyone was parading around after being distributed around the club...

as far as sound factory, i think that when jp first made his move to saturdays, it was the best of times. remember the mardi gras party and the line was all the way down to the west side highway. i think the line was to the west side highway EVERY WEEKEND for a good two years. those were the days... i had some of the best times...

and tunnel...nothing will ever beat that place... once that kid from long island died on that friday night, and danny leaving, it caused the place to go downhill...

will those days ever come back?

if GU was to open up a club, something to the effect of Twilo, which would house just about every good tribal,tech,deep dj on the planet, dance music would FINALLY get the respect it deserves in this dam country.

We would NO LONGER HEAR CHEEZY ANTHEMS ON THE RADIO, AND WE WOULD HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THE ESSENTIAL MIX ON RADIO 1 BBC,ONLY ON OUR RADIO STATIONS.ACTUALY F---ING MUSIC.NOT BRITNEY,OR SOME OTHER JUNK.

I agree with Tatiana, Twilo had its best year during 97/98. I went to the S&D night in January and had a horrible time, too crowded, commercialized, too many crack E heads not able to handle it.

Used to love Tunnel from 95-97 as well. Went about half a year back and it was different as well, the vibe just wasn't there.

But that's clubs for you, they change, the parties change and the crowd changes and some new club shows up and the cycle starts again.

Originally posted by tatiana22

well to join in on this debate, i'd like to say that twilo at its peak had some of the best parties in town, which was around 1997-1998 both on fridays and saturdays... does anybody remember the money drop under the disco ball at the one year anniversary for S&D?

HELL YEAH!!!!

actually missed the money drop... for a 'clubnyc' meeting... all the old skool headz....

(where ru all hiding....)

.g.

This talk of Twilo reminds me of my first time i ever attended. I hear all this talk about the best years being 97-98. This is depressing to hear, since i MISSED OUT

My first time their was Saturday April 24, 1999. This was before i moved down to the city. Me and about 6 friends came down from Upstate, to celebrate a friends 21st birthday. We had a phat hotel room in Time Square (The Renaissance Hotel) ANYHOW, we all ate some magical fungus. Chilled in the room for a bit, then walked out of our hotel, BAAM into Timesquare on a SATURDAY NIGHT. Needless to say between all the lights and people, me and my friends couldn't stop laughing the whole time we were walking around. WE made it to the subway, got off at the stop for Twilo. Somehow ended up walking through some project like block, peeps in the street just GLARING AT us, BUMS' fucking with us. This was so aggravating in with our fragile mental states. Anyhow we get to Twilo, and were lined up, and i keep hearing the security guards saying, "ladies and gentlemen bear with us, we've made some new changes in security, bear with us etc.. etc...." I'm basically feeling this FUNGUS hardcore, as i get near the door, i see like 1 or two walk through metal detectors, the BEEPS just keep going off one after another, it felt like i was in a movie. Man oh man, i finally walk through, then get the pat down of my life, i go and see the guest list guy (or maybe i did that before) I pay, and FINALLY some guy takes my ticket and says, "welcome to Twilo", i was like "about TIME muthafucker, jeez" Once inside I was mesmorized in the sheer space of that dancefloor. Me and my friends all were tweaked out, especially the girls. Peeps kept asking us and asking us, if we had shit to sell them, this go annoying hearing them whine. "C'mon man, no one will sell to me, they all think i'm 5-O, or popo" I was like you probably are. HAd a great time, this fungus was strong and lasted a LONG TIME< left that place with the sun blaring in my face, WHAT A FUN FUN NIGHT. THOSE BUBBLE SEAT moving ROLLIN CHAIRS made my night. HERES A LONG SHOT, ANYONE KNOW WHO WAS SPINNING THAT NIGHT, you get mad props if you do APril 24, 1999

I MISS THAT PLACE!!!!!!

Originally posted by blowflyii

in a way i say fuck twilo,,,,,the space was pretty cool in a way....the music was good ...yess...but the people...uh i dont know....mostly babies and immature brokers eating pills,,,,,ny needs to have a real club like in the orlando days ie abyss and aahz, firestone.....I have a lot of old samples from these days...now that was the the shit that ud want to represent at...I am dissapointed with most new house...however the latino scene isnt bad.. oh yah and keep the female vocalists,,,,enough techno horse shit....Ny its time to take your city back.....we need another axis and nasa.....and beyond.....

Dude

I have so layed off you for every But SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!