Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best and Worst Doormen?

shroomy

OK folks all this doorman talk has gotten me thinking, who are the best and worst door people?

My obvious first for worst is everyone at space, with Stephen leading the way. What an attitude, you are working the door, wearing the only nice clothes you own, and you are giving me attitude?? WTF?

For best, Kris obviously, and who was the other slight blond guy who used to work the door at shaddow? he was great too.

Honorable mention is the joker at Crobar who sits outside with the bullhorn who is entertaining as hell, expecially when talking about NY'ers....

Some of his quotes over the bullhorn..."and we know they do it better in NY, but this isn't NY so just shut the fuck up about it tonight."

"and you guys sitting out here with your gold chains and no women.... you better get comfortable, your gonna be here for a while."

When he's around, I almost want to stay outside just to listen to him.

So, give me your votes of stories :)

Well, I've been clubbing for a while and I am convinced that if you have a hook up.......your set! If not forget it......get ready to wait in line!

Kris.......is most def the coolest! She always has something to share and smile about!

I don't know the girls name at Crobar.....she's thin with brown hair....but I've seen her not being toooo nice to others, if you know what I mean. I personally don't know her! You never know, she might be a nice person.

Space......well, I kinda have mixed feelings about them.....I've seen them be extremely on the rude side.....but I personally don't know any of them.

A while ago, I worked the door at a club in Tallhassee and let me tell you.........CONTROL of who gets in the fastest was AWESOME!!!! lol..........;)

Best doorman?

Brian from Boston.

Doorman with blonde hair at used to be at Shadow that Shroomy was referring to. His buddy Danny (dark hair) who used to be a doorman at Shadow and I think as well at Space.

Met these guys through a buddy of mine from Ft. Lauderdale (Gerrin)

These guys are cool to hang with and are very respectful to everyone.

What the hell does a DOORMAN make anyway ?......other than extortion money. I couldn't see them getting payed more than minimun wage. I mean at least a bouncer will stop a fight or two during the night and they get payed about $100 a nite.

Yeah!.... I know that some bouncer make more, but that's about starting average.

The best doormen pull 350-400 a night down here. Fabrizio pulls 350 a night, so he works 2 or 3 nights a week and is set.

don't know the girls name at Crobar.....she's thin with brown hair....but I've seen her not being toooo nice to others, if you know what I mean. I personally don't know her! You never know, she might be a nice person.

That's Chantille...she's in reality a very nice person...I've known her since her days at 320 and we get along well. Sometimes she's a bit harried due to the controlled chaos at crobar's door, but when it comes down to it, she's A-OK.

All-Time best Doorman .. Richie from Groove Jet / Crobar .. that was the coolest kat out there, always had something to say and share about the muzik and clubbing community.

Worst Doorman .. Stephane from Space ... what arrogance and attitude ... no need to belittle people going to your fucking club .. geez ...

Funniest Doorman - Doran from Crobar, gotta love that megaphone :laugh:

Originally posted by pod

That's Chantille...

When you look like her, your allowed to be a bitch :)

j/k ... I would end up beating the shit out of 15 patrons a night if I had her position. I don't see how Kris does it (retaines her great attitude,) and she has a much easier door than Crobar.

Originally posted by nightstar01

I don't know the girls name at Crobar.....she's thin with brown hair....but I've seen her not being toooo nice to others, if you know what I mean. I personally don't know her! You never know, she might be a nice person.

She doesn't seem like the nicest person in the world.......she seems kinda gruff and really acts like she doesn't want to be there, I think. When I leave the club mid-night for a Gatorade, to get back in, she just kinda opens the rope for me after I show her my hand stamp, like it's a big strain and bother for her.

What about that bitch at Space you all were always ranting about? Is she still there? hehe

Originally posted by pod

The best doormen pull 350-400 a night down here. Fabrizio pulls 350 a night, so he works 2 or 3 nights a week and is set.

That's Chantille...she's in reality a very nice person...I've known her since her days at 320 and we get along well. Sometimes she's a bit harried due to the controlled chaos at crobar's door, but when it comes down to it, she's A-OK.

Really? I guess appearances can be deceiving. She *does* look harried, though, every time I've ever seen her, she looks like she's in over her head!

Shroomy is right about the french guy, he wears the same shit every weekend and still gives attitude, WTF is that? lol

Chantille, she gives attitude to everyone but cuz she is cute she is allowed, that skinny little bitch knows and sees me every fucking weekend and still sometimes ask me who the hell put my friends on the list when they are with me just to bust my chops. Would bang her any second.....

i don't know Kris personally but I am sure she is as nice as you guys say she is.

but my favorite is the doorman at my friend's building. He is always courteous, well mannered, impeccable and no attitude.

All should learn from him.

I am beginning to think that there is a really bad Doormen School in France, all those came to work to US.

I'd have to agree with everyones opnion on this thread. I think Stephan is an ass, he should lighten up a lil . As for the girl @ Cro, I don't like her much, I think she's a $$$$ hungry BIATCH..... Last but not least, we have Kris and Brian being the bombdigity, aswell as Paul ( he used to work the door @ SL back in the day ) Just my $00.2 :tongue:

CAN SOMEONE WHO IS COMPUTER SAVY LINK THIS THREAD TO "SPACIOUS" AKA lOUIS .......WHO COME IN HERE AND SHAMLESSLY PROMOTES SPACE BUT NEVE HANGS OUT AND ANSWER TO SOME OF OUR COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS!!!!!

DOES HE KNOW THIS FRENCHIE AT THE DOOR IS A BIG NO NO...

ID LIKE TO HEAR A RESPONSE FROM HIM ABOUT THAT SINCE SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ....

WHAT HAPPEND THE THE" NEW AND BETTER SPACE "

OR WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO LAST 2 WEEKS ???????????????/

your talking about Gilbert.

yeah hes like the original egotistical Doorman.....he was all over.

Groove Jet, the original fat Black Pussy Cat at Liquid and any hot spot in the mid 90's till recenlty. i heard he moved to Vegas or something who knows.

he used to plain old insult you before letting you in..... you had no choice to take it back then there werent that many clubs to choose from ....it was go where he works or go to the movies

i had forgotten about him

also notable worth mentioning the trio of the Living Room like in 96-97 wow talk about pricks. i think Stefan from Space has posters up of them in his room he wants to be like them so bad.

they make him look like mother teresa