Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does anybosy else hate vocals?

clubmanxtc

Originally posted by inyourdreams

Oh But I thought you liked the kind of junk that makes you wanna slam your head into the wall all night, isn't that why you go to Exit?:confused:

surprisingly enough, I was at exit the 23rd and Draper played a lot of vocals including Hide U (moody), Lets get this party started (Baez), another brick in the wall (white label) and brought back "Beautiful", just to name a few....

i think the best night is a trip throughout all different sounds...you dont want to hear one thunderpuss track after another, nor do you want to hear scot project for a half hour (well, maybe codica does!!)

make a nice dish of vocals, sprinkle a little exit velveeta on top, and wash it down with some more soulful music

BG

. . . I personally don't like vocals . . but not because of the cheeze factor . . rather because I'm right brained. . .

. . Vocals distract from the music unless they are properly MATCHED to the music they lead/support. . .

. . . . Voice becomes an instrument carrying a tone. . not conveying words . .

. . I can't "see" vocals in a musical sense unless they integrate perfectly with the music . .and so many bands and groups, in my opinion, don't have good vocal chemistry . .

.. . .:mad: . . I can't explain . . It's like, the words don't have form with the music . .

. . . eh . . forget it . .

:tongue:

Originally posted by inyourdreams

Oh But I thought you liked the kind of junk that makes you wanna slam your head into the wall all night, isn't that why you go to Exit?:confused:

Oh but OF COURSE inyourdreams, I absolutely LOVE to smash my head into the wall all night @ Exit every Friday.. I guess that would explain why I have such severe brain damage now.. :rolleyes:

C'mon now, you know you love it too.. ;)

Originally posted by ibclubbin

nor do you want to hear scot project for a half hour (well, maybe codica does!!)

Well actually.. if I'm going to hear Scot Project do a set somewhere I would HOPE he would do a longer set than a half hour.. :tongue: But I don't know what you're trying to imply considering I DISAGREED with the original post and was all for vocals.. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . I personally don't like vocals . . but not because of the cheeze factor . . rather because I'm right brained. . .

. . Vocals distract from the music unless they are properly MATCHED to the music they lead/support. . .

. . . . Voice becomes an instrument carrying a tone. . not conveying words . .

. . I can't "see" vocals in a musical sense unless they integrate perfectly with the music . .and so many bands and groups, in my opinion, don't have good vocal chemistry . .

.. . .:mad: . . I can't explain . . It's like, the words don't have form with the music . .

. . . eh . . forget it . .

:tongue:

Were u high when u wrote this?? :blank:

Originally posted by clubmanxtc

i really cannot stand vocals when i m in the club. anybody else agree:D

vocals do not necessarily mean commercial cheese

some great vocals this year have been:

slide vs healey - wicked behavior

andrea brown - trippen

Roger Sanchez - another chance

Ben Shaw - So Strong

Dajae - Everyday of my life