Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Urinary track infections...

never had one but feel for you!!!! I just well had a lump removed from one of my boobs b/c they thought is was cancer: I am only 23!! WHAT FEMALES HAVE TO GO THROUGH!! I am in the health profession have some info. that might be helpful to others as well

Tips for Preventing Urinary Tract Infections

The most important tip to prevent urinary tract infections, bladder infections, and kidney infections is to practice good personal hygiene. Always wipe from front to back after a bowel movement or urination, and wash the skin around and between the rectum and vagina daily. Washing before and after sexual intercourse may also decrease a woman's risk of UTI.

Drinking plenty of fluids (water) each day will help flush bacteria out of the urinary system and emptying the bladder as soon as the urge to urinate occurs may also help to decrease the risk of bladder infection or UTI. Some physicians recommend urinating before and after sex as well as a mean of flushing out any bacteria that may enter the urethra during sexual intercourse.

Vitamin C makes the urine acidic and helps to reduce the number of potentially harmful bacteria in the urinary tract system.

Wear only panties with a cotton crotch--cotton allows moisture to escape whereas other materials may trap moisture and create a potential breeding ground for bacteria.

Cranberry juice often helps to reduce frequency of bladder infections. Cranberry herbal supplements are available over-the-counter and many women find they work amazingly quickly when an UTI has occurred, however, a physician's diagnosis is still necessary even if cranberry juice or herbals reduce pain or symptoms.

If you experience frequent urinary tract infections changing sexual positions that cause less friction on the urethra may help. Some physicians prescribe an antibiotic to be taken immediately following sex for women who tend to have frequent UTIs.

there are a ton of vitamins/herbs you can take for these too!!

Originally posted by sarahkim13

Loch, you are oh so wise and learned. I want you to be my mentor.

SK13

class will be held daily, my bedroom, 12midnight sharp. (if you plan on factoring sleep, we'll start @ 6pm sharp)

prereq: Advanced Tantric Sex 401b

required reading: Kamasutra

Drink lots of water, it actually in my opinion, works better then cranberry juice. Also there is an over the counter drug you can use, I think it's called Uristat (don't quote me) but it's a blue & white box & they sell them in almost any drug store. Try not to drink soda or anything else that has caffeine, it aggravates it.