Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space Management are clueless

djfrosty

Word on the street they frickin fired Edgar V, one of the best local DJ's. Place is going to go downhill and in my opinion has been for some time. It was over something stupid like using a logo or something. Came from a very reliable source.

Who's next Oscar G?

wow im hoping youre so wrong DJ frosty.........Edgar is sooo cool and one hell of a dj. who would they repalce him with?

lately i have been noticing a little less time of Edgar on the decks which im not sure why. If your not going to get a good quality DJ let Edgar Spin!!

last week Duane King??

hello?

who is this guy he was horrible.

and i noticed in street mag this week they advertise Oscar G but not Edgar

If this is serioulsy true im deeply sad.... i just got done hanging out with edgar in vegas where i live wendsday...and now this happens Space fires him....if this is true i say FUCK SPACE!!!!

and people have to support the dj cuz the music is bigger then any CLUB!!! and these club owners better relize that!!!

WE AT SPACE ARE DEEPLY SADDENED TO SEE THE END OF SUCH A GREAT RELATIONSHIP. WE WERE THE FIRST TO BACK UP EDGAR AND GIVE HIM A SHOT WHILE OTHERS NEGLECTED HIS TALENT AND WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIM IN WHATEVER DIRECTION HE CHOOSES TO PROCEED. THIS IS OUR COMMITMENT TO ANY AND ALL OUR RESIDENTS. IN A BUSINESS WHERE LOYALTY MEANS EVERYTHING IT IS WONDERFUL TO SEE SO MANY OF YOU POSTING COMMENTS AND BACKING UP EDGAR. IT IS THAT KIND OF LOYALTY THAT WE AT SPACE EXPECTS WHEN WE WORK WITH SOMEONE. LOYALTY BUILDS AND STRENGTHENS RELATIONSHIPS. IT IS THE MORAL FIBER THAT JOINS AND BINDS OUR FAMILY AT SPACE. IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT WE DID NOT SEE THAT TYPE OF LOYALTY IN THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NOW BAD MOUTHING SPACE AND MAKING COMMENTS WITHOUT KNOWING THE EVENTS THAT LED TO THE END OF OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH EDGAR. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT LOYALTY FOR SPACE. I AM TALKING ABOUT LOYALTY FOR EDGAR V. ANYONE WHO READS YOUR POSTS WOULD ASSUME THAT YOU WERE THERE EVERY SINGLE FRIDAY NIGHT TO BACK UP EDGAR. WELL, WHERE WERE YOU? THIS IS A QUESTION YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF BEFORE JUMPING ON THE "I LOVE EDGAR" AND "I HATE SPACE" BAND WAGON. HOW LOYAL ARE YOU TO EDGAR OR ANY OTHER MIAMI RESIDENT. JUST YESTERDAY YOU WERE POSTING ON THE "GREATNESS" OF GEORGE ACOSTA AND DAVID PADILLA. HOW PROUD YOU WERE TO SAY THEY WERE OURS, "MIAMI'S OWN."

LOYALTY IS NOT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED. FRIENDSHIP IS NOT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED AND OUR RESIDENTS ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED. HOW EASY IT IS TO SIT YOUR ASS BEHIND A COMPUTER ALL DAY AND BASH OUT AT EVERYTHING. ONE DAY YOU HATE DJ THIS AND THE NEXT DAY DJ THAT. ONE DAY YOU HATE SHADOW THE NEXT DAY SPACE. WHAT WILL BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR NEXT GREAT DISCONTENT?

WHAT WILL YOU FIND TO PICK ON NEXT? WHO'S LOYALTY WILL YOU STEP ON NEXT?

NOW THAT EDGAR IS NO LONGER AT SPACE YOU ALL TALK ABOUT HIM LIKE HE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. WHAT WILL YOU SAY ABOUT SPACE WHEN IT IS NO LONGER HERE? IT WAS THE SAME VOICES THAT USE TO PUT TWILO DOWN THAT NOW CHANT IT'S PRAISES IN THE HEAVENS ABOVE. WHY IS IT THAT SOMETHING HAS TO BE TAKEN AWAY FOR YOU TO REALIZE IT'S VALUE?

LOYALTY MY FRIENDS IS THE WORD FOR TODAY. SUPPORT OUR MUSIC, DJs AND CLUBS EVERYDAY. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.

SINCERELY,

LOUIS PUIG

Hello Mr. Louis.

I`ve living in Miami for a year now. I just want to say Space is a nice Club, no doubt of that. But then, when DJs like Paul van Dyk come here, which I know very well him and his management, why does it has to be 21+. Sincerly, I see NO logical point on this. Even Paul`s management try to get an Event to 18 and over and Space rejected.

Would you be kind to explain that?

Many Greetings,

Arturo.

Whatever happened, I'm sad to see Edgar go. Whether it was Louis' or whomever's fault really doesn't matter to me, it's a sad event.

Arturo, Space has a 24 hour permit to serve alcohol. One of the provisions to this license is that the venue must be a 21+ facility.

Occasionally, a local promotional team will throw an all ages event, but Space must close by a certain time when this happens, therefore, it is usually during the week in a holiday period, as not to piss off the regular Space clientele.

18+ down here is effectively dead. The local populace chose to be a bunch of slobbering drugged-up morons, and both Miami and Miami Beach came down hard, making any decent venue a 21+ facility. Not to sound patronizing of the club managment around here, but that time around it was the clubgoers that were at fault.

Oh and why'd you post that question here? :) It was waaay off topic.

Spacious> Now, I'm not a fan of Edgar's nor have I commented on his dismissal (though he may be a very nice guy... that's besides the point). However, I find your post to be a little ridiculous since many of the people on this board DO go to your venue just to support your residents.

The philosophical and wounded tone you took was pretty laughable. I mean, regardless of all the problems that people on this board have had at your venue you're still laughing all the way to the bank. We all know that in comparison to the thousands that flock to Space every weekend the handful of people on this board that are TRULY upset about this are quite a small number. Please, Mr. Puig. . . It's OK not to care. I don't mind saying that I could care less about who your hire or fire... just don't be a hypocrite. :)

posted by Mr. Puig. . .

LOYALTY MY FRIENDS IS THE WORD FOR TODAY. SUPPORT OUR MUSIC, DJs AND CLUBS EVERYDAY. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.

Originally posted by pod

18+ down here is effectively dead. The local populace chose to be a bunch of slobbering drugged-up morons, and both Miami and Miami Beach came down hard, making any decent venue a 21+ facility. Not to sound patronizing of the club managment around here, but that time around it was the clubgoers that were at fault.

Oh and why'd you post that question here? :) It was waaay off topic.

Those are some very harsh words about the 18+ crowd. There's plenty of times that I was standing in a 21+ club and watched so many pills be consumed. Don't blame it all on the kids bro.

Stupidity knows no age, yes. I know 12 year olds that should be in public office, and 40 year olds that should be kicked out of said office.

But from my experience, the frightening lack of intelligence of the 21 and under set around here is astounding. It's too bad the ones who can control their habits and/or truly enjoy the scene had to suffer. Just this evening I was doing some Xmas shopping on Collins Avenue, and I saw this kid who could be no more than 16, slugging back on something in a brown bag, hustling people to buy booze, and if they ignored him or declined, he'd get very offended..