Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why do people play the "i can't call him/her yet" game?

weyes

we got really close last night - this guy i just started seeing - (in the bedroom, i mean) and i wanna talk to him so badly tonight, but there's that fear there that i'd freak him out if i did... why do guys and girls have to play that stupid game about waiting to call each other after certain events (these and others) when they really want to call each other at that moment? :(

Originally posted by weyes

we got really close last night - this guy i just started seeing - (in the bedroom, i mean) and i wanna talk to him so badly tonight, but there's that fear there that i'd freak him out if i did... why do guys and girls have to play that stupid game about waiting to call each other after certain events (these and others) when they really want to call each other at that moment? :(

if you wanted to call, all you had to do was pick up the phone and dial me, dear...no need to play games over the messageboards. ;)

Originally posted by weyes

Just call him...PlayinG games Suck...I never UnDeRStood the PoiNt of TheM.:confused: :confused: :confused:

No playing games??? how could it be any fun? I always use the "3 day rule" haha. Just the thing is you gotta play a little hard to get. Girls and guys want what they can't have. So don't give in totally until you really made a connection with him or her.

playing games is just part of society. its how the dating game works now. if i had a number of a girl i was really interested in i'd call the next night. with girls i think its a bit different though. personally when a girl seems too "eager" she comes off as easy and that's a turn off.

just my thoughts, the guys should be the ones calling at first anyway i think

i personally feel that the calling him game is totally stupid but i play it cause u have to nowadays...

when a guy calls me too much, i feel like they're overbearing, desperate, but in reality, they might not be at all.... it's tough dealing with something like this, in the scene that we're in and the people we meet.

also, we live in nyc, where trust isn't a huge factor. lol

Originally posted by magilicuti

just my thoughts, the guys should be the ones calling at first anyway i think

I know it's kinda old school, but I usually wait for the guy to call me, that way I don't have to sweat it. I guess in my current relationship it's just worked out that way - he always calls me.

But, WEYES, if you feel comfortable calling the guy up, then by all means call him. If he gives you shit or the "cold shoulder", then you know he's just a playa. I would give it a little time, maybe even a full day. You'll probably know when it's the right time.

Good Luck ;)

Originally posted by tatiana22

i personally feel that the calling him game is totally stupid but i play it cause u have to nowadays...

when a guy calls me too much, i feel like they're overbearing, desperate, but in reality, they might not be at all.... it's tough dealing with something like this, in the scene that we're in and the people we meet.

also, we live in nyc, where trust isn't a huge factor. lol

you pretty much hit the bullseye.

Originally posted by karch

No playing games??? how could it be any fun? I always use the "3 day rule" haha. Just the thing is you gotta play a little hard to get. Girls and guys want what they can't have. So don't give in totally until you really made a connection with him or her.

Oh yea... ya gotta love the good ol' three day rule :) I think its a stupid rule, but most guys i meet still manage to go by it. Now its beginning to be more like the 4-5 day rule.

Example: I met this guy last Saturday, gave him my #....wonder if and when hes gonna call:confused:

I think if you wanna call the guy you should, if he comes off cold or distant or whatever, then hes just trying to be a playa.

I think its up to us girls to break that whole guy-calls-first rule

Im sure it'll happen eventually :)

Originally posted by thehacker

what a supreme piece of cinema.

Indeed. For your pleasure, a snippet from the great film Swingers:

TRENT: See, baby. It's not that hard.

CHARLES: 818?

MIKE: 310.

MIKE: How long do I wait to call?

TRENT: A day.

MIKE: Tomorrow?

TRENT: No...

SUE: ... Tomorrow, then a day.

TRENT: ... Yeah.

MIKE: So, two days?

TRENT: Yeah. I guess you could call it that.

SUE: Definitely. Two days. That's the industry standard...

TRENT (to Sue. shop talk): ... I used to wait two days. Now everyone waits two days. Three days is kinda money now, don't you think?

SUE: ... Yeah. But two's enough not to look anxious...

TRENT: Yeah, but three days is kinda the money...

MIKE (interrupting sarcastically): Why don't I just wait three weeks and tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and found her number...

CHARLES: ... then ask where you met her...

MIKE: Yeah, I'll tell her I don't remember and then I'll ask what she looks like. (pause) Then I'll ask if we fucked. How's that, Tee? Is that "the money"?

The guys laugh.

TRENT: Laugh all you want, but if you call to soon you can scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.

SUE: Don't listen to him. You call whenever it feels right to you.

MIKE: How long are you guys gonna wait to call your honeys?

TRENT & SUE: Six days.

Originally posted by brooklynkid

Indeed. For your pleasure, a snippet from the great film Swingers:

TRENT: See, baby. It's not that hard.

CHARLES: 818?

MIKE: 310.

MIKE: How long do I wait to call?

TRENT: A day.

MIKE: Tomorrow?

TRENT: No...

SUE: ... Tomorrow, then a day.

TRENT: ... Yeah.

MIKE: So, two days?

TRENT: Yeah. I guess you could call it that.

SUE: Definitely. Two days. That's the industry standard...

TRENT (to Sue. shop talk): ... I used to wait two days. Now everyone waits two days. Three days is kinda money now, don't you think?

SUE: ... Yeah. But two's enough not to look anxious...

TRENT: Yeah, but three days is kinda the money...

MIKE (interrupting sarcastically): Why don't I just wait three weeks and tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and found her number...

CHARLES: ... then ask where you met her...

MIKE: Yeah, I'll tell her I don't remember and then I'll ask what she looks like. (pause) Then I'll ask if we fucked. How's that, Tee? Is that "the money"?

The guys laugh.

TRENT: Laugh all you want, but if you call to soon you can scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.

SUE: Don't listen to him. You call whenever it feels right to you.

MIKE: How long are you guys gonna wait to call your honeys?

TRENT & SUE: Six days.

I thought you were my new best friend when you told me there would be fruity candycanes, but now? you are stuck with my ass for LIFE!

translation: thanksformakingmelaughcausemydayhasbeenrealsucky