Clubplanet Nightlife Community

please dont compare ROXY to other clubs...

i would just like to say...PLEASE dont compare us to exit, soundfactory or even world....first of all, we at the ROXY care for all our customers, thats way i say drop me a line at the office wed-friday from 1pm-5pm @ 212-645-5156 or u can email ....how many other clubs ask u for ur feed back...NONE. second for all how many clubs have this many hot girls. this past friday we did nearly 2600 people, half of which was girls, not many clubs w/ that percentage...and believe me i am trying to bring the number of girls up..... and last i would like to say its about being sexy, the girls, the guys and the music...thats my we dont push to hard of music...girls are asking us for vocals so they can dance.....and what do u think of the dancers....are they hot or what....i'll be bring in more in the near future guys.....peace, scott

no one can compare fridays to a saturday in any club....the old SF fridays should have been called Sauage Factory cause there was so much of it there bro.....Roxy fridays different game.....and its up to YOU to let all the girls know that fridays at ROXY is free before midnight.....

i like this roxyscott dude...he fuckin knows how to motivate...err. promote well i guess you'd say...but he does have a point...i mean just because there are more girls in a club dont mean guys gotta be twice the player...but at least there is a good array of mixed genders and lots of oppurtunity to socialize and dance..which is the clubbing expierience. Hell i even told my sister to come on out friday night and she is 27.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by CottenCandyDream

Mag you didn't come to roxy . What are you talking about? You're friend picked up your Pass.

i did come to roxy but under a different name. my friend didn't sign up and i won under two email addresses. he thought it would be cool see if he could get the pass under my name. i was there...

and i'll try to hook you up btw

i'll keep you posted

Originally posted by roxyscott

no one can compare fridays to a saturday in any club....the old SF fridays should have been called Sauage Factory cause there was so much of it there bro.....Roxy fridays different game.....and its up to YOU to let all the girls know that fridays at ROXY is free before midnight.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was just joking around about the girls thing. your club is alright, i'll give it that. but a word of advice. don't diss on other clubs. first you say don't compare your club to others then you diss on well known ones such as factory? factory can't be compared to other clubs as well and i don't think anyone will deny that.

good club which seems to have a good future ahead of it. perhaps a dress code should be put into effect to give the place more class. the new sound system should also add to the club as well.

what i asked is that you don't compare a friday to a saturday to any club anywhere ....SF fridays and SF saturday were to complete different venues...my friend i didnt start going out yesterday. people such as myself and bob goodrich who r at the ROXY have been around a real long time...the dress code thing is not the issue since that customers are the ones that asked us to go easy on it.. the party is called SEXY for a reason, we want people to feel it not just loo it. if you had been there u would have noticed that we look for a clean appearance in guys, cause most girls know how to dress to go out. as for your comment on the sound systems, i believe i mentioned yesterday that it would be installed for the latter part of february.

sf fridays and saturdays are different yes. but that still doesn't give u the right to call either party a sausage fest. i don't see other clubs calling your club anything. its cool that you care for your customers but let the crowd spread the word on how good your club is instead of blowing up your own shit

Originally posted by magilicuti

must disagree

the majorty of girls at SF at factory werent as hot as the girls were at Roxy. I mean i was sitting at the cp table saying "DAMN THESE GIRLS ARE HOT". I must say SF had more guys....but Roxy has a hot ass crowd and Mag ccd was right u had ur friend pick up ur card so u dunno wat u are talkin bout

so

HUSSSSSSSSSSSSSH:D

thing about girls is that they go for vocals and for some reason they are at clubs before they get to much sausage in there. sf, i love it there but it has way to much meat and the majority of the girls that go there now are how should i say, more of the partiers so they unfortunately look a bit beat up. roxy has its girly time now, but just wait til all the guys hear about them and drive them out for being guys. then that is when the harder music will come in bc that is what guys like. all clubs go in cycles.

dress code is essential. back in 98 i was stylin with clothes but i wasn't let in for wearing sneakers. bs i thought but have to set standards and they must be kept at all times. also back in those days everyone was beautiful. now u have to search high and low more and more to find em. note: club genre people are still the most beautiful around. ya can see them in public and say she or he goes out, but even they are getting harder to determine. scene is goin down hill. face the facts...truth hurts. the younger people better shape up bc the older crowd is movin out. age shouldn't matter for the music and drugs are not essential.

i would just like to say...PLEASE dont compare us to exit, soundfactory or even world....first of all, we at the ROXY care for all our customers, thats way i say drop me a line at the office wed-friday from 1pm-5pm @ 212-645-5156 or u can email ....how many other clubs ask u for ur feed back...NONE. second for all how many clubs have this many hot girls. this past friday we did nearly 2600 people, half of which was girls, not many clubs w/ that percentage...and believe me i am trying to bring the number of girls up..... and last i would like to say its about being sexy, the girls, the guys and the music...thats my we dont push to hard of music...girls are asking us for vocals so they can dance.....and what do u think of the dancers....are they hot or what....i'll be bring in more in the near future guys.....peace, scott

well, one reason I'm skeptical about going to this party is because I am hearing the music is almost ALL vocals........just to give you an opposing opinion.

although I might have to come to see if the girls are as hot as everyone is claiming.......soon.:D

I think it's cool that this party is making themselves accessible for feedback (hopefully the start of a new trend for parties this size). But personally, the amount of girls in a club isn't going to be the deciding factor for me to check out a joint. I didn't go to Twilo all those Saturdays back to check out girls. I went to listen to Junior playing some twisted shit.

Originally posted by heretic909

I think it's cool that this party is making themselves accessible for feedback (hopefully the start of a new trend for parties this size). But personally, the amount of girls in a club isn't going to be the deciding factor for me to check out a joint. I didn't go to Twilo all those Saturdays back to check out girls. I went to listen to Junior playing some twisted shit.

i agree it should just be about the music not the crowd. I dont care what the crowd looks like I care about the music only. Roxy crowd was alright , too many snobbs in there but similar to world crowd, but again I didnt let the mess up my night or anything. I came to roxy for the music and I'll continue to go for that reason only.

Well.. sorry to tell you but all clubs are compared to each other no matter what when they are competing on the same night with hot parties.. you can't really expect people not to look at the differences.. each club has different crowds, different music, and different reasons for people going.. I actually think some comparison is good.. besides, if you're so confident that the Sexy party is so good, you shouldn't be worried about comparisons because Sexy will come out on top :D

I love the new Friday party, one of my favorite DJs ever, and there is definitely a wonderful atmosphere at Roxy.. the crowd is beautiful, and I enjoy myself when I'm there.. definitely gonna be there Friday..

But as a female, I would like to vouch for the other side.. don't get me wrong, I LOVE to hear a good vocal thrown in between the hard beats.. but vocal after vocal after vocal even kills me!! How bout just a little less on that?! ;)

WTF:confused: I LOVE VOCALS...I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NO ONE DOESNT LIKE VOCALS? I MEAN THERE ARE A LOT OF VOCALS I DONT LIKE CAUSE THEY ARE RADIO OR TO CHEEZY BUT YOU NEED A VARIETY... I MEAN I DONT ENJOY A LOT OF THINGS HE PLAYS BUT YOU CANT ALWAYS BE HAPPY... FOR THE MOST PART IT IS FREE B4 12 (SO HOW CAN YOU LOOSE) AND THERE ARE SO MANY GIRLS (WHICH IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS I GO). I GO FOR MUSIC #1 BUT IF NOT THE GIRLS KEEP MY MIND OFF THE NEGATIVITY.:D AND ACTUALLY I DONT THINK HE PLAYS A LOT OF VOCALS I THINK THE DJ'S B4 HIM DO BUT THAT IS JUST TO GET THE PARTY STARTED SO EVERYONE WILL DANCE. IMO

why do you necessarily need vocals in music to dance. open up your ears to the subtleties of music. The drums, the synths, the pads.

the whole part about the music just seems weird to me,....i hope jv isnt being directed or asked play a certain way.....

What's all the hate with vocals??? Vocals are fine every now and then. I don't think JV is playing all that many vocals really. Maybe more then his usual...but still not "vocal after vocal." The DJs before him, tha'ts a different story. They are the ones that are playing most of the vocals. The ladies love the vocals....it makes them come in the place. I mean, I go for the music number one, but I don't want to be dancing and have like 20 guys around me.. I like to see some ladies around and about.

Originally posted by present-tense

ive never been able to actually say i like vocals.....i really cant stand them....but if it brings in girls...which helps a club's rep. then i guess you have to do it....but you dont need it...its always about the mucis for me and not the crowd....

Seems you can't have both at once... :mad:

Originally posted by kkeot

eh I can't really say I thionk JV is going to far wiht the vocals,

although i do think it's clear he's playing up to the crowd, but I mean come on it's that kind of crowd what do you expect?

Well I am part of the crowd and I expect some HARD beatz :D