Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I see no reason why the Roxy party is actually at the Roxy.....

gravity

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bebby6919

ouch.. lol Im from Long Island. So you are saying people from LI and Jerzy cant go to NYC?!?!?! I dont get it!! lol Clubs suck on LI and Ive been to clubs in Jerze... they suck as well.

no, I'm not saying that people from such places CAN'T come to Manhattan...I'm just wondering what the point of having a party in new york if nearly none of the crowd is from new york... Does it make these people feel cool or something to go to the city.

Originally posted by gravity

no, I'm not saying that people from such places CAN'T come to Manhattan...I'm just wondering what the point of having a party in new york if nearly none of the crowd is from new york... Does it make these people feel cool or something to go to the city.

Well IMO, its not the fact of "being cool". But Long Island clubs suck, they are too small, play pretty lousy music and they close at 4. I would rather go to the city, where the music and crowd is hot and they are open till 8am or whatever time. The city is the palce to go clubbing. I dotn see the problem here.. lol.

So, then go home at 5. I see no reason, why 16 year old cheese from Jersey needs to be in my city all hours of the night.

Obviously they dont go to Jerzy clubz b/c they want to be out later haveing fun all hours of the night. Let em be...

I'm the farthest from the type that goes to the Roxy and shit yo but every CHEESEBALL needs a home homie. Sides, why don't you ask that other board you chill at why THEY be chillin at the Roxy too? (I hear the Cheeseo meter is at the boiling point and shit with those homies!) Where those kids from anyway? KnowhatI'msayin?

no, I'm not saying that people from such places CAN'T come to Manhattan...I'm just wondering what the point of having a party in new york if nearly none of the crowd is from new york...

Doesn't matter how you look at it, this makes sense. :idea:

So, then go home at 5. I see no reason, why 16 year old cheese from Jersey needs to be in my city all hours of the night.

i agree with gravity

gravity should run for government

that way all the clubs will close down because only people from the city can go to them

in fact close the city down cuz i'm sure gravity doesn't want tourists to stay at any hotels, eat at any restaurants, or go to plays...only people from the city can go to them...

close the whole damn city

B&T forever baby!

but I lived in Manhattan for 4 years so I guess I have some flavor.......

funny things is.......how many of the real city people actually grew up there? All former B&T wannabe NYers who use their whole paycheck on rent for their studio and clubbing and now diss on people using the B&T excuse........haha

Originally posted by bebby6919

Well IMO, its not the fact of "being cool". But Long Island clubs suck, they are too small, play pretty lousy music and they close at 4. I would rather go to the city, where the music and crowd is hot and they are open till 8am or whatever time. The city is the palce to go clubbing. I dotn see the problem here.. lol.

You're missing the point. I'm not saying that parties such as the one at Roxy shouldn't exist...I'm just saying that they shouldn't exist in Manhattan. I don't venture to LI or Jersey to go out, but I'm sure there are plenty of venues that would be suitable to such a party. If you put JV (who, btw is an excellent DJ) in a club in NJ, then you'd pretty much have the exact same party as the one at Roxy. There's no need to bring these parties into Manhattan...not only does it bring the quality of NY nightlife down, it brings down the quality of NY.

Originally posted by vision

i agree with gravity

gravity should run for government

that way all the clubs will close down because only people from the city can go to them

in fact close the city down cuz i'm sure gravity doesn't want tourists to stay at any hotels, eat at any restaurants, or go to plays...only people from the city can go to them...

close the whole damn city

Yet another person missing the point. If you read what I wrote, instead of trying to turn my words into something they are clearly not...then you'd understand that all I am wondering is why have a party in NY when just about all of the people there are not from NY...wouldn't it be easier just to have it in jersey?

Yet another person missing the point. If you read what I wrote, instead of trying to turn my words into something they are clearly not...then you'd understand that all I am wondering is why have a party in NY when just about all of the people there are not from NY...wouldn't it be easier just to have it in jersey?

well, according to your theory then we should probably move Times Square to China and the Jersey Shore to Staten Island.......not to mention we should probably change the Giants and Jets to "New Jersey" or move the stadium to Manhattan somehow.......we would also have to move about 80% of the office buildings in NY out to the bordering boroughs as well as LI, Westchester, Connecticut and Jersey because a majority of people working in Manhattan don't live there.......there are numerous other things we'd probably wanna allocate elsewhere using that theory and in the end, there wouldn't be much of Manhattan left.......

btw, how do you know where everyone is from? Do they wear license plates on their asses.....:tongue:

Seems like 98% of the people who go are not from Manhattan...wouldn't it be easier to have the party in Jersey or whereverthefuck the crowd is from...no need for extra B&T.

I hate to say this to you. BUt if it wasn't for the B&T crowd. There would be no clubs in NYC. Cause we make up most of the crowd in NYC clubs. And without us....clubs in Manhattan wouldn't be making the money they would be now. So be thankful for us, we keep the clubs running in NYC.