Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHAT IF POWER 96 BROADCASTED @ SPACE?? Post your sugguestion/oppinion/thought!!

biznation00

Quote taken from the FRIDAY AT SPACE OFF THE HOOK thread: "Yeah cant wait til next friday w/ Power 96... <---Serious

Whats up with that ???" qoute from lavosdeldiablo (see FRIDAY AT SPACE OFF THE HOOK thread)...

If this were a fact -- What are your thoughts/opinions on Power 96 doin' a live broadcast @ Club Space??

"WE the people make Club Space what it is!!"

STATE YOUR REPLIES BELOW...

one word "scary" .. okay, to quick of a reply. nothing personal, but power96 sucks. they add an element of cheese, to everything they do. if Space did do a live broadcast, then let the Space dj’s "control" the music. meaning no ridiculous promo plugs.etc. just let the music rip .

thats what Space gets for letting go of the "core" of Space Edgar amd Emi

and replace it with Kris and Padilla

oh boy oh boy ......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i can hear good ol DJ laz "liiiiiiive from Sppaaaaace its power 96 !!"

wow ...Crobar would never do that ...shit not even Level would pull off a stunt like that.

incredible

Oscar G i plea you again to jump ship before it sinks lower than the titanic.

good luck to Biz and all the promoters!!

Gregg, Digweed spun a studio set and was broadcasted late at night when he was spinning @ Crobar during last years WMC

Now, the thought of Power 96 having a live broadcast from Space is even scarier. Not only would I loose absolutely all respect for Space, but just the thinking about it alone is making me nauseate to the point of throwing up ...

this is what I think of the idea :blown:

at one of last year's wmc panel discussions, a power 96 employee explained how difficult it was to get real dance music on the air at his station. he claimed that he was constantly fighting with the pd over this issue. now, of course, the radio situation in south florida has changed radically. i haven't noticed much of a change in power's programming (i try not to listen to them, actually, so it's impossible to make a valid before/after comparison), but i imagine that there's been some serious "i told you so" around the office.

i'm certainly not happy about the prospect of YO WAZZUP MIAMI IT'S DJ LAZ THE PIMP WITH THE LIMP COMING AT YA LIVE FROM CLUB SPACE ON POWER POWER POWER NINETY SIX!

sigh.

:(:confused:

Personally I have listened to power 96 for many years but without a doubt it is very cheesy radio station (I am originally from Chicago). For sure, if Space gets involve with anything that has to do with that station it will sink like the titanic. Besides, I don't believe any of the resident DJ’s at Space would like that kind of programming and commercialized music it would lose it originality and flavor that Space has created for itself.

:o:tongue:

If you want to hear Power 96 music go to Club Deep but stay out of the real clubs like Space. Even Level that it is going through hard times would never consider doing such a thing. They would prefer to close their doors before that happens.

:tongue:

So in my opinion, let it continue being a rumor and hopefully the owners of Club Space don’t even consider it.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by beyondo

thats what Space gets for letting go of the "core" of Space Edgar amd Emi

and replace it with Kris and Padilla

oh boy oh boy ......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i can hear good ol DJ laz "liiiiiiive from Sppaaaaace its power 96 !!"

wow ...Crobar would never do that ...shit not even Level would pull off a stunt like that.

incredible

Oscar G i plea you again to jump ship before it sinks lower than the titanic.

good luck to Biz and all the promoters!!

Beyondo

You took the words out of my mouth!

In NYC they use to broadcast from the Tunnel and limelite and they use to throw down nasty. I rember I use to leave my Radio recording till the weeeee hours... As long as 96 or any other radio station have no word on what is played i think it will be good for Club space...

If the were the case then maybe can be said. But since I have worked with these stations in the past they always want to control something. Believe me the owners of Space (especially Luis) will not allow no one to come in and impose. Besides the crowds that 96 attracts are not always the best of crowds. I guess this something that needs to be seen. I must admitt if things are done tastfully then maybe it might work. But I don't want to imagine to hear DJ Laz on the radio!!! :blown::confused::blown::confused:

Originally posted by sobeton

if Space did do a live broadcast, then let the Space dj’s "control" the music. meaning no ridiculous promo plugs.etc. just let the music rip .

Originally posted by soldado

As long as 96 or any other radio station have no word on what is played i think it will be good for Club space...

i agree with both of your statements. let the space dj's play what they want without dj laz or mobile mike interrupting every 5 seconds, and at the very least it will be a small victory that were actually hearing the music we want on commercial radio...its a start...

:confused: :confused:

Say it isn't so..... It just would not work Power 96 belongs in venues like Club Deep or Iguana's

We really don't want Hialeah in the house do we? I mean the crowd already is a bit on the raunchy side as it is. It only gets nice from like 4:00 am on.

I am pretty sure this is true... right guys ?

Becouse is it just me feeling really good or does the crowd get nicer ..........:confused:

Anyway back to the subject NO Power 96.

Thanks

Originally posted by digital7

Gregg, Digweed spun a studio set and was broadcasted late at night when he was spinning @ Crobar during last years WMC

I must admit that was pretty cool. I don't care where Diggers mixed it, just the fact that it was on the radio....not something I've ever heard from Miami radio before! Nice little mix, too - I've still got it on tape.

say it aint so biznation...pretty pretty pleeease...say it aint so! not cuz of anything..but power 96 seems to haul in a very young and very...uh...non-classy crowd. i'm not saying that havent ever seen non-classy people at space or at other places for that matter...but ...atleast in my opinion....the less non-classy the crowd = the better club.....