Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Platinum....Carbon Copy?

Originally posted by shockwavepromo

Is it just me or is Club Platinum carbon copying every theme nite or act Abyss and bunka have ever had???

Do you lack the creativity to come up with your own concepts and ideas?

Anyone else agree?

What would you make you say that? I dont think they ever had an act there. As far a guest DJs, every vlub does them. From what I hear, Platinum is a nice club with great atmosphere.

I think you can go back to licking Kosta's and Demetri's ass a little more.

Every jersey club has the same events.........I don't agree with you........Metro, Image, Joeys, Bunka, Abyss.......all have similar performances, and guest DJ's...........

except Denny doesn't do guest spots at metro or abyss for obvious reasons.....

Originally posted by shockwavepromo

Is it just me or is Club Platinum carbon copying every theme nite or act Abyss and bunka have ever had???

Do you lack the creativity to come up with your own concepts and ideas?

Anyone else agree?

Can you be more specific as to what exactly they are copying?

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

What would you make you say that? I dont think they ever had an act there. As far a guest DJs, every vlub does them. From what I hear, Platinum is a nice club with great atmosphere.

I think you can go back to licking Kosta's and Demetri's ass a little more.

yes platinum hasnt had any acts yet, but as far as the guest dj thing ---- Platinum is in bunka and abyss's backyard and i dont see bunka and abyss booling the same guest djs all the time so far just about every guest dj that platinum has had, bunka has had

denny tsettos , Boris, mike ski tomorrow (look closely at they flyer if im not mistaken the picture was taken at bunka) thats all i can remember for know --- I thought platinum was going to try different things and not be like us -- guess i was wrong whats next at platinum max graham or dave ralph

You gotta look at it this way....Platinum is open like 6 days a week...How many is Abyss open? They have original parties with resident DJ's all week long. On Fri/Sat nights, they bring in local big name guys...Keyword "local". These guys have built up names for themselves in the NY metro area. So wouldnt it be smart to bring them in??? Hardly "copying" someones style. Its just who is available!!

from what i heard b4 the club opened... platinum was supposed to be something 'different'... meaning that it wasnt going to be thrown into the 'jersey club' category... but as far as i've seen... its the same shit, different space...

i also heard bout tryin to bring in the better names, like dT... id like to see that happen... (sorry, but jv and tsettos dont even come close...)

Yeah i agree, Platinum did copy other Jersey clubs. A bunch of speakers, lights, floor, bars, couches... I mean come on people, be original already. NO I really don't see your point. Have you been to Platinum? DJs come with time, but the present talent booked at Platinum is pretty damn good though. There are lots and lots of DJs that aren't known across the nation, or even in their own state but that doesn't mean they don't know how to spin.... Vinyl that is...

Vinyl is a shithole....the music is great but thats it...IMO, the jersey clubs i have been to are much nicer venues than Vinyl

for anyone knocking on Platinum that hasnt been there, STFU.....if youve gone and dont like it, thats cool, everyone is entitled to your own opinion, but if you are talking shit because of things that you "heard" about it, seriously, STFU

BG

like they said, those other clubs have been open for years......it's impossible to not do some of the same things........

I think Platinum is the nicest venue in New Jersey.......it has a bit of a city feel to it and it def is not a carbon copy of any other club in this state........you're not likely to see acts like Macaluso at those other spots......not often anyway......I'm very suprised Platinum even got him........

carbon copy??? I just don't get it...:confused: How are they a carbon copy? What else can you possibly expect from a venue in jersey non the less. They book dj's, they spin point blank end of story. If anyhting I think that Platinum is totaly different then most of the venues in the area. Different look, no acts, no MC, just straight muzik, and something I noticed more and more each weak that allot of these places don't have....A VIBE! Not to mention how every friday they have a different Dj opening for the resident Mark Amatucci who are up and coming and maybe not as well known. This only add diversitys and can show people out there the different types of styles this scene has to offer. I don't see Bunkas or Abyss doing this. I mean lets be realistic, what's it gonna take for people to stop being jelous. Last night Denny came in there and represented and there was a line around the corner and the club was packed. People were dancing, clapping, screaming, I saw a few circles it don't get no better then that. All I see is hate from one promotion crew to the next instead of support. If promoters stopped hating and started supporting one another this scene would be so much better off. All I see is hate around and people wanting clubs to go under and shit. But why would you guys want this??? Wouldn't you want there to be an influx of venues to pick and choose from. Or would you rather there be one or two good ones? It's a shame how peple are never satisfied. But what can you do because somone will always have an opinion. And opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and some of them stink.

P.S. Scarletpromo for someone who like to put platinum down all the time, you do seem to be there quite often.

The more i read some of these posts, the more i laugh. It is obvious that most of you have no idea what you are talking about. Platinum is a Carbon Copy??? That has to be one of the funniest things i heard... Lets start out with appearance... the inside of the club is a lot more classy looking with the wave bar... the couches and railings... the booth setup... bottle service area... no stage... no acts... no stupid guy talking an a micrphone for 30 mins... Damn that looks exactly like Bunka and Abyss... you guys are retarded.... Next move onto muzik... ask yourself this.. if you opened a NJ club what DJs would you get??? Most likely available big name DJ's that are in the area. Of course Platinum and other Jersey clubs are gonna end up having some of the same guest spots. But let me tell you this, i have heard almost every guest spot they have had and they love the club and all admit to playing different because we tell them to play whatever they want. THere is nothing like being able to go to a club and being the guest DJ and being able to have the freedom to do what you want. Every Saturday there is a different guest DJ.. do u see that at Bunka and Abyss.... umm i think not.. they have residents on both friday and saturdays and occational guest spots. Not only is every saturday a guest spot at platinum but Friday nights are rediculous at Platinum. If you want to go out to abyss and bunka i am sure you will most likely here the same muzik in both the clubs with maybe a few different tracks. Go to platinum and i am sure on a friday night you will be blown away with NEW, let me repeat that again, NEWWWWW hard NY style muzik. For anyone that has any muzik knowledge could tell you that the muzik at platinum is better that you will hear anywhere else in a jersey club. Give platinum some credit for trying to change the scene and bringing in a Resident DJ that will play hard in your face muzik all night and guest DJs on a WEEKLY basis. Hey im not here to start drama so please dont start flipping out. Just think a little more before you speak, and if you disagree then stick to the clubs you have the most fun at.

very well said.....and im not just agreeing because i happen to be a promoter....in fact, i wanted to be a promoter because i had so much fun the first few weeks that i wanted to do what i could to make this place blow up, the way it deserves to..

what are the chances of hearing Resistance at Bunka? slim to none.....and for anyone who doesnt know what song im talking about, thats exactly my point...Platinum = Muzik

BG

Carbon copy? Well it is a club so I see the similarities. Have you ever ventured there on a tues. night? I do not play anything, well 99.99%, that you would hear in Bunka or Abyss. Some people think that is refreshing orthers just want to hear Stranger in My House. If you want different, you need to be receptive to different music, diversify your music. I am not trying to promote the night or take anything away from any other night at any other club, I am just merely suggesting that there is a different music/vibe out there you just need to look for it. I encourage everyone to go for the music first and the asthetics second.:rolleyes: (case in point:Vinyl, R.I.P TWILO) IMO>

**JM**

Originally posted by john_michael0494

Carbon copy? Well it is a club so I see the similarities. Have you ever ventured there on a tues. night? I do not play anything, well 99.99%, that you would hear in Bunka or Abyss. Some people think that is refreshing orthers just want to hear Stranger in My House. If you want different, you need to be receptive to different music, diversify your music. I am not trying to promote the night or take anything away from any other night at any other club, I am just merely suggesting that there is a different music/vibe out there you just need to look for it. I encourage everyone to go for the music first and the asthetics second.:rolleyes: (case in point:Vinyl, R.I.P TWILO) IMO>

**JM**

john you suck...you dont even play Amber:tongue:

me and anthony were doin our thing friday night hitting people up with flyers at the end of the night....i was gonna go tomorrow to do bus stops but with the snow and all....who knows

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

john you suck...you dont even play Amber:tongue:

me and anthony were doin our thing friday night hitting people up with flyers at the end of the night....i was gonna go tomorrow to do bus stops but with the snow and all....who knows

BG

bus stop? jeezus.... hey, wanna hand out flyers for me?