Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who skiis here????

Originally posted by joeydollaz

snowboard here ... i was up at mount snow/haystack this past weekend, i'm hedaing to PA this weekend for a lil more ... got teh ride in the shop getting tuned up as we speak.

Someone plan a trip !!!!!!!!

Howabout we plan a trip to a real mountain......not Hunter, not Mt. Fucking Snow, not Killington or any other of those tourist attractions that eat wood. Say someplace like Stratton, or Okemo, Sunday River. These places are also very sizeable, but at least they are filled with people that know what the hell they are doing on the mountain. Also they are awesome for skiiers as well as snowboarders. For smaller places Attitash or Waterville Valley are awesome for skiiers and snowboarders alike.

There are bus trips that leave early in the morning, drive you up there, drive you back for about $35 a head as long as you have enough people...........sounds like something someone should look into.

been skiing since i was 6. wanna try snowboarding tho and not just cuz it looks cool, i actually wanna be good :) someone care to teach me? ski blades are fun too.

definitely down for a trip to someplace good. this is the first year i haven't gone to killington for a week so i need to ski!

I agree with ya dudey...Now, dont get me wrong, Im not knocking snowboarders, but I think its the easy way out...Two or three days, and your a pretty decent snowboarder....All my friends think snowboarding "looks" cooler...Hell, they have never seen my boy Johnny do his signature Dinner Roll 9 LOL. That is one insane guy..

I'm all about a ski trip! My vote is for Stratton

I'd have to weigh in on the snowboard side... but it's the result of learning to board in the Swiss Alps from a local dude with green and red hair who introduced me to the joys of communing with the mountain through the board. By the end of a week I was able to taste the first fruits of the learning-- it does take a little while to get started-- but then again, they had just legalized pot in Switzerland, so the fresh White Widow may have had some impact on the learning curve.

The payoff on my second trip to Gstaad was a perfect New Years' Day atop a glacier looking more like the top of the world. Cruising off-piste into fresh powder, falling, laughing through the ice, the board and the air and the mountain making motion. Now I'm hooked. I doubt I'll ski again...

Originally posted by pleasuredome

but then again, they had just legalized pot in Switzerland, so the fresh White Widow may have had some impact on the learning curve.

you want to elaborate a little more on this. i love skiing and all, but this is more interesting to me for the moment....

To be exact:

4. Legal Marijuana Use in Switzerland: Cabinet Gives Okay, Next Step is Parliamentary Approval

On October 2nd, 2000, the Swiss cabinet approved changes in that country's drug laws that would legalize the consumption of cannabis products. The cabinet declined to address whether growing and sales would be made legal. The Swiss executive branch will now write the revisions and submit them to parliament for approval.

The measure is expected to pass. Of the four political parties that make up the governing coalition, only the far-right Swiss People's Party opposes the measure. The rest of the coalition, from the Social Democrats on the left to the centrist Liberals and the Christian People's Party on the right, support legalization of cannabis, at least in principle. In March, both houses of parliament approved resolutions calling for legalization of cannabis.

Manuel Sager, director of communications for the Swiss embassy in Washington, told DRCNet that legalization of marijuana consumption "seems to have fairly wide acceptance."

But the head shops didn't wait for approval... in December 2000 they were selling beautiful manicured homegrown for $5-$10 a gram.

:D