Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone else HATE TRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

im with you on that one phuture.

i admit i spun trance for a lil while when i started DJ'ing, but after the initial splendor wore off i was like ok, so where's the soul?

then i rediscovered Latin House, dubby house, tribal house, disco house, prog house...

HOUSE!!!!!!

First of all Twilo didn't play only trance. If you kept an eye on the DJs who passed through there, you had everythng from progressive house to techno.

Secondly, the word "trance" is almost as broad as the word "electronic music".

Quoting someone from another board, here are some types of trance...tell me if you've listened to them all:

euro

hi-nrg

epic

hard

deep

dark

dirty

psy

goa

progressive

Psy and goa trance are harder and more intricate than hard house.

Guest tilly
Originally posted by cesarleo

I hate trance....a little between tracks or throughout the night is fine trance doesn't do anything for me. Tiesto, PVD etc....:puke:

DUde, I gotta meet you! Finally, someone posts this! I have been wanting soooo badly to voice my opinion about this and haven't.

NYC has definitely changed me musically though. I did buy a couple of progressive-trance and breakbeat-trance records recently. If trance is mixed with something, then I'm cool with it...but an entire night of PVD (or similar)makes me want to shoot myself:blown: :knife::chainsaw:

Originally posted by raver_mania

First of all Twilo didn't play only trance. If you kept an eye on the DJs who passed through there, you had everythng from progressive house to techno.

Secondly, the word "trance" is almost as broad as the word "electronic music".

Quoting someone from another board, here are some types of trance...tell me if you've listened to them all:

euro

hi-nrg

epic

hard

deep

dark

dirty

psy

goa

progressive

Psy and goa trance are harder and more intricate than hard house.

Why are there so many classifications for one type of music? Who sits around and comes up with this stuff? Remeber when there was rap, jazz, classical and rock? Ah, the good old days!

Originally posted by cintron

im with you on that one phuture.

i admit i spun trance for a lil while when i started DJ'ing, but after the initial splendor wore off i was like ok, so where's the soul?

then i rediscovered Latin House, dubby house, tribal house, disco house, prog house...

HOUSE!!!!!!

yes!!! finally... a human being!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by tilly

DUde, I gotta meet you! Finally, someone posts this! I have been wanting soooo badly to voice my opinion about this and haven't.

NYC has definitely changed me musically though. I did buy a couple of progressive-trance and breakbeat-trance records recently. If trance is mixed with something, then I'm cool with it...but an entire night of PVD (or similar)makes me want to shoot myself:blown: :knife::chainsaw:

damn u both feel the same way i feel. i f-ng HATE trance. this is my opinion but it makes me want to go to sleep. i need some hard poundiNG bass.

The night I saw Nick Warren play there was mostly trance going on in Twilo. I didn't stay that long so he could have played other shit. I was there from about 12:30 -5:30. I like all types of 'electronic music' and I like it mixed up a bit, so that goes without saying that if I went out and heard 6 hours of straight vocals I'd be killing someone as well. Variety is the spice of life.

please trance is the shit . it has meaning and emotion to it, yes sometimes u need a little harder of a beat, that depends on the DJ

how can u listen to that techno crap all the time. its just primitive music, same shit over and over and over, I mean the only person i got respect for in that music genre is CARL FUCKING COX, THAT MAN IS AMAZING

But TIESTO IS THE ALL TIME MAN!!!

Any genre when done WELL is GOOD

given:

A) you are in the right frame of mind for it

(IN THE "MOOD")

B) You are open minded enough to try and appriciate

diversity

C)YOU UNDERSTAND THE "LANGUAGE" OF A SOUND

Music is language..

the more you understand the diverse dialects the more

you can read into the different stories that are told in a set..

ANY SET!

Now having said that I will say that I still

admire many Trance DJs and producers..

I have love for many different genres!

But I'm still open to see things develope.

I Do however feel that Trance hit a dead end a few years back..

(Its gone as far as it could and now sounds repetative)

4 on 4s need that extra cick from breakz baby..

But there are those artist that are trying to push it in new directions..

Look at psi trance..

tech-trance..

Goa etc..

There are many different forms of this

music..

Trance isnt just Oakie, S&D, and PVD people..

it's a rainbow.

(But to each his/her own cheese)

Originally posted by mugwump

Any genre when done WELL is GOOD

given:

A) you are in the right frame of mind for it

(IN THE "MOOD")

B) You are open minded enough to try and appriciate

diversity

C)YOU UNDERSTAND THE "LANGUAGE" OF A SOUND

Music is language..

the more you understand the diverse dialects the more

you can read into the different stories that are told in a set..

ANY SET!

Now having said that I will say that I still

admire many Trance DJs and producers..

I have love for many different genres!

But I'm still open to see things develope.

I Do however feel that Trance hit a dead end a few years back..

(Its gone as far as it could and now sounds repetative)

4 on 4s need that extra cick from breakz baby..

But there are those artist that are trying to push it in new directions..

Look at psi trance..

tech-trance..

Goa etc..

There are many different forms of this

music..

Trance isnt just Oakie, S&D, and PVD people..

it's a rainbow.

(But to each his/her own cheese)

right on, mugz.......the only reason i opened this thread was because i wanted to read your post......which i knew would be intellectually stated and diplomatic.

Originally posted by shugabooga

right on, mugz.......the only reason i opened this thread was because i wanted to read your post......which i knew would be intellectually stated and diplomatic.

Gee thanks!

miss seeing you babe..

I still can't believe you came over

to my house when I wasn't here!

maybe we can go grab a drink sometime!

(((HUGZ)))

Originally posted by njitpimp

Uplifting Trance is great. Like someone else said...it has emotion and feeling in it that you just don;t get in any other forms of electronic music.

yeah i suppose you could say it's uplifting in a classical, epic sort of way.

i dunno, i started shying away from it because after a while you get tired of feeling like you're a magical fairy floating across the dancefloor.

It's like hey where's the soul, where's the love.

Trance is beautiful and delicate. After a while the delicate part pissed me off

Someone,

Please explain to me what the diff is between Trans and Techno....I know my house music therefor when I go to SF I'm mainly in the basement but sometimes I need to listen to something a little harder so I go upstairs to where Jonathan Peters is at...now is that techno or trans?

I've been to Twilo a couple of times and I enjoyed my self but I thought it was a little to hard for me....

:confused:

Originally posted by njitpimp

Uplifting Trance is great. Like someone else said...it has emotion and feeling in it that you just don;t get in any other forms of electronic music.

. . . I do not agree . . . at all . . . Yes, uplifting trance has feeling, but to say that you can't get that from any other types of electronic music is to take a very narrow view of beatz as a whole . .

. . . I would suggest checking out tracks like Allright by Friction and Spice . . or My level by Isle Natividad. . . The still waters mix of The Calling by Solarstone . . The farmatronic Mix of both Paradise by Miro and Greece 2000 by Three Drives . . . hmmm. . . also . . . I'll be back later to list more . . . BUT KNOW THIS . . . YOU'RE WRONG. . ..

. . . gotta love network troubleshooting . . .

Originally posted by bodynsoul

Someone,

Please explain to me what the diff is between Trans and Techno....I know my house music therefor when I go to SF I'm mainly in the basement but sometimes I need to listen to something a little harder so I go upstairs to where Jonathan Peters is at...now is that techno or trans?

I've been to Twilo a couple of times and I enjoyed my self but I thought it was a little to hard for me....

:confused:

. . . . . True techno has a double bass drop after the 3 in the bar . .. bam bam bam ba ba bam bam bam ba ba bam bam bam ba ba bam bam bam . . . and so on . . .