Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*LiFE AFTeR DeATH*

. . . Well . . a very interesting question indeed Nurse Glow . . .

. . I believe that our lives on this plane is only a jumping off point on the path towards existence as pure unadulterated energy . . I theorize this because I believe it's essential that an intellect know what it is to be limited and struggle against the environment in order to understand the two concepts that cannot be identified by the universal language of numbers . . . these two concepts are infinity . . . and it's counterpart Nothingness . . .

. . . In short the infinite cannot be attained without an intimate knowledge of the finite . . .

I stopped believing in religion awhile ago. I think many people believe in religion and faith so they feel safe and think God or some higher being is taking care of them. Some people can't deal with the fact that after you are dead you are just dead. I went to a Catholic school for 10 years of my life and used to prey everyday before I went to sleep. I did the whole church on sunday thing and have seen too many bad things in my life to believe someone is really out there. I rather not believe in all that and just believe in myself that way I won't rely on anyone else. For instance when people say "help me God" they are usually saying that in a situation where the odds seem totally against them and nothing but a miracle can help them. That is why they turn to this "god" for help and it kinda assures them so sanity for the time being that things will work out.

At this point in time no, I don't think so.

Originally posted by magilicuti

i'll prepare myself for flames now... :D

seems all my views get flames

no dude. . you made the right point . . especially when you talked about when people say "help me God" . . . We use God as a construct to help us bear the terrifying reality of the unknown . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

no dude. . you made the right point . . especially when you talked about when people say "help me God" . . . We use God as a construct to help us bear the terrifying reality of the unknown . .

Is that why those of us who don't believe in god are always so miserable... Because we force ourselves to deal with everything without the hope of some "higher being" who will fix it for us?

Well I am atheist.. therefor I dont believe in god.

afterlife tho.. my theory is strange.. I believe that when you die debating on how YOU think you lived your own life you go into a dream that you made up (your heaven) or a nightmare that you made up (your hell). Your body is burried and thats it. Your life is over.. I dunno about the afterlife.... havent thought too much about it..

In my opinion, it's a bigger leap of faith to believe that life started from oxygen molecules randomly bumping into each other in well-heated pools of water. I think it's an even bigger leap of faith to believe that bacteria evolved into plants, animals, and eventually even humans. I think a higher being (God if you will), had to give the wheels of life a little push somewhere along the line to get them rolling.

With that being said, I also believe there's some form of after-life. I think it might be different for every person, but honestly, we don't know and we never ever will know until that last breath of air escapes us.

Why not believe in an after-life though? Gives you something to look forward too :idea:

I stopped believing in religion awhile ago. I think many people believe in religion and faith so they feel safe and think God or some higher being is taking care of them. Some people can't deal with the fact that after you are dead you are just dead. I went to a Catholic school for 10 years of my life and used to prey everyday before I went to sleep. I did the whole church on sunday thing and have seen too many bad things in my life to believe someone is really out there. I rather not believe in all that and just believe in myself that way I won't rely on anyone else. For instance when people say "help me God" they are usually saying that in a situation where the odds seem totally against them and nothing but a miracle can help them. That is why they turn to this "god" for help and it kinda assures them so sanity for the time being that things will work out.

I agree with this statement 100%.

My mom used to make me go to mosque on saturday and turkish school. I prayed, covered up etc. But you know I thought to myself I'm here and I don't beleive in that religion stuff. Yes I believe in God as not someone or something but there and everywhere.I don't believe there is life after death, yet how would I know til I am there....:confused:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

In my opinion, it's a bigger leap of faith to believe that life started from oxygen molecules randomly bumping into each other in well-heated pools of water. I think it's an even bigger leap of faith to believe that bacteria evolved into plants, animals, and eventually even humans. I think a higher being (God if you will), had to give the wheels of life a little push somewhere along the line to get them rolling.

With that being said, I also believe there's some form of after-life. I think it might be different for every person, but honestly, we don't know and we never ever will know until that last breath of air escapes us.

Why not believe in an after-life though? Gives you something to look forward too :idea:

if thats what keeps you going, looking forward to an afterlife, and it works for you, then i say good for you.

honestly, not to create an argument, but the fact that life evolved from molecules randomly 'bumping' into each other is just that - a FACT

peace

Originally posted by neptune1

if thats what keeps you going, looking forward to an afterlife, and it works for you, then i say good for you.

honestly, not to create an argument, but the fact that life evolved from molecules randomly 'bumping' into each other is just that - a FACT

peace

I agree with you 100%, it is most definitely a fact. I just think it may have needed a little help somewhere along the line.

Most people separate the idea of evolution and religion (i.e., you either believe in Darwinism or God). Why not have both? I think it's entirely possible that "God's plan", if you will, incorporated evolution.

I don't want to come off as a Jesus-freak or anything, because i'm definitely not. But at the same time, there are some things that have happened in my life that lead me to believe that there's a higher force out there.

This is kind of what I came up with when I gave the whole religion/science thing a lot of thought.

TOTALLY agree with you about the religion thing.

about the life after death thing, hmmmmmmmmm i dont know, maybe there is something but we'll never know untill we actually die.

At the risk of sounding like too much of a burnout, I'll say:

If you've ever tripped your face off on acid or k, you know there's a whole shitload going on out there that you don't normally see. I have no coherent explanation for this, but am fairly certain that it suggests an after life, or another type of existence on this plane.

Originally posted by roadrunner

If you've ever tripped your face off on acid or k, you know there's a whole shitload going on out there that you don't normally see. I have no coherent explanation for this, but am fairly certain that it suggests an after life, or another type of existence on this plane.

The death experience is all in your head! The brain is a powerfull thing yo.

Drugs induce certain altered states that can be parralel to religiouse experienes and shit. ancient tribes have been doing this with drugs for centuries. There IS more than the eye can see. But there is alot more you don't know about the human brain than meets the eye.

Humans: the musical animal, the mathematical animal, the emotional animal, is also the "spiritual" animal. In essence, every culture from the dawn of our species has maintained a belief in some form of a "spiritual" reality. Wouldn't this suggest that human spirituality must represent an inherent characteristic of our species, that is, a genetically inherited trait? Furthermore, being that spirituality, just like language, represents a cognitive function, wouldn't this suggest that our "spiritual" consciousness, just like linguistic, must be generated from some specific part within the brain? I informally refer to such a site as the "God" part of the brain, a cluster of neurons from which spiritual cognitions, sensations, and behaviors are generated. How else are we to explain the fact that all human cultures - no matter how isolated - have maintained a belief in some form of a spiritual/transcendental reality, in the concepts of a god, a soul, and an afterlife? How else are we to explain the fact that every human culture has built houses of worship through which to pray to unseen forces? Or that every culture has buried [disposed of] its dead with a rite that anticipates sending the deceased person's "spirit" or soul onward to some next or other plane, what we commonly refer to as an afterlife? Wouldn't the universality with which such perceptions and behaviors are exhibited among our species suggest we might be "hard-wired" this way? How about the fact that every known culture has related undergoing what we refer to a specific set of sensations we refer to as mystical or spiritual experiences?

If you are interested in this topic you should try reading this:

----->http://www.godpart.com/<-----

Originally posted by roadrunner

That doesn't justify an afterlife at all.

Humans are by all means, limited to their senses in terms of interacting with and comprehending the world.

Also, the information fed through your senses is open to interpretation by your brain.

Existence is all there, it's just that when you're smacked off your gob on acid and K, your interpretation of what you sense gets "interesting"

And as for life after death, I don't really believe in it. I do believe, however, think that too many people put WAY too much faith into it when they don't even have a half-assed clue what LIFE is.

The idea here is, when you die, you're DEAD.

And as for molecules bouncing together and forming life, yada yada yada... in an event of one trillion possibilities, every possible outcome has just as big as a chance of occuring as any other possible outcome. And if so there was an external influence acting upon it, then WHERE'd that influence come from?

Dammit...I need a coffee...