Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What in the "World" was that?

Just got home from the World. Had to be as far from "Perfect" as a club could get. Where the hell was the dancefloor? Was it that lil space that holds like 100 people. Did you see the girl they took away in the ambulance because of the heat? The music-Baez & Boris. Baez is a has been & Boris was a never was. Baez was OK, Boris SUCKED. Why doesn't this guy find a club somewhere upstate.

I heard a bunch of promoters left Exit to do that sweat box. What a bunch of losers. Never going back. I was going to go to see Danny T next Sunday, but the club sucks.

Can't wait for Tiesto at Exit this Friday.

THAT PLACE SUCKED BIG COCK!!!!, 3 POUNDS OF SHIT IN A 2 POUND BAG, LITERALLY! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT CROWD, A BUS STOP? I HEARD BETTER SOUNDS AT MY GRANDFATHERS ANNUAL BEAN EATING CONTEST, WAS THAT A SOUND SYSTEM OR A JVC BOOM BOX WITH BUILT IN SUBWOOFERS! IN A NUT SHELL THE WORST PARTY N.Y. HAS EVER SEEN!!! A COMPLETE DISGRACE TO NEW YORK CITY NIGHTLIFE!!! :blown: :blown:

Hehehhe, I was there for Tiesto back in October. The dance floor is way to small, and their sound system is just painful. The bouncers are assholes as usual. World is definetely NOT about the music, it's a "pretty person place" or so I though. Any pretty people there? Have fun at DD and DT, don't expect too much except good music coming out of shitty speakers. See everyone at TIESTO!

DO NOT GO TO WORLD! AS FUN AS MY DRINKING MOTOR OIL!

crowd was fucking WEAK!

DJ'S WERE HORRIBLE!

(But I disagree about the bouncers, they were cool about everything)

Ppl couldn't dance for shit--

If it helps at all, Mrs. Sexxy D-- I'm sorry I didnt listen to you. I really regret going there-- NEVER AGAIN! i dont give a shit who spins there.

Setup sucked, small dance floor, and i felt like :biggun: myself

that's just my opinion, of course I could be wrong (DM)

EXIT saturday's baby--- THAT has got to be a smashing party--

PS-- anyone know why (18+) my hand had a "T" on it from the bouncers??

Originally posted by trifecta

THAT PLACE SUCKED BIG COCK!!!!, 3 POUNDS OF SHIT IN A 2 POUND BAG, LITERALLY! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT CROWD, A BUS STOP? I HEARD BETTER SOUNDS AT MY GRANDFATHERS ANNUAL BEAN EATING CONTEST, WAS THAT A SOUND SYSTEM OR A JVC BOOM BOX WITH BUILT IN SUBWOOFERS! IN A NUT SHELL THE WORST PARTY N.Y. HAS EVER SEEN!!! A COMPLETE DISGRACE TO NEW YORK CITY NIGHTLIFE!!! :blown: :blown:

Hmm.. let's see.

You have 6 posts and they're all about how bad World sucked.

David Marvisi, is that you?

I was there too.

For those who say the system sucked, you should have been there when Tsettos was there when it first opened.

They actually improved it since then.

The crowd was very young and not as well-dressed as the old World crowd.

I think Jamie needs to be a little more strict with the dress code.

I felt like and old man in that place.

As for the music:

I thought it was great.

Boris and Baez played a great tag team set.

And Clubplanet was representin'.

There were Clubplanet flyers all over and a big ass banner on the DJ Booth.

Hopefully, it will get better.

Rome wasn't built in a day and it's still better than Exit Fridays.

But I'm sure Mr. Marvisi wouldn't agree.

HeHe...

I don't know who you guys are, i'm not good with names, BUT

EXIT friday's are much better than WORLD! It was horrible... maybe it was just the crowd (sucked), but I don't like the setup in World either.

Exit is far better then world. nough said

And the dress code? what dress code? THERE WASN'T ONE!, ppl looked decent at best, with an occasional eye popper, and occasional disgust. Whatever-- taste is "each to his/her own".

I gotta get back to Exit next weekend--

and Roxy fridays? anyone?

Originally posted by snoboardr2

I don't know who you guys are, i'm not good with names, BUT

EXIT friday's are much better than WORLD! It was horrible... maybe it was just the crowd (sucked), but I don't like the setup in World either.

Exit is far better then world. nough said

I gotta get back to Exit next weekend--

umm....my bathroom with my shower radio is better than exit on a friday!!! sorry but...i find it hard to believe that the crowd is that different either...eh...to each his own

Originally posted by misk

umm....my bathroom with my shower radio is better than exit on a friday!!! sorry but...i find it hard to believe that the crowd is that different either...eh...to each his own

I'll ditto that, especially since I cleaned my bathroom a few weeks ago. :tongue: Anyone want to join me? I don't charge admission and the water is FREE!

My girlfriend and I went to World at 11 ish and saw the long line, We decided to get in and see how long it would take. After 1/2 an hour we left here's why: Let me set the stage for you.....

First we come up to NY alot to go clubbin' and have been to exit, Vinyl, SF etc etc etc. But we have never been to World,so we thought we would give it a try, and we just heard Baez in philly a few weeks ago and had a blast.

Now I also know the party was 18 to get in....no problem, being a bit older we really dont care about the age b/c we are there for the music and to dance with each other. However, after waiting in line we realized that the crowd was....well others on the post already mentioned it, shitty. We've been to other parties and the the crowd was young, but still an awesome party...ie Acosta at Exit. I felt that night had a great vibe. The vibe in a place can be great regardless of age!!! However the vibe we were gettin in line at World, was like...grow up! The people were so imature and I guess...."kids being kids." Therefore we left.

I guess I am glad we did b/c it sounds like we didn't miss much. Who knows if we will ever go back? I am beginning to wonder if all of the clubs are going this route with the 18+ thing?B/c if we encounter crowds like last night, our days of clubbin are over. Way too much agg!

Question for the board....as i said we go to ny alot, but where can you get a great "vibe" anymore? expecially on sat. nights? Last weekend we went to ONe51....awesome place and crowd, danced all night, had a blast! However, I wouldn't say there was a "vibe" there if you know what I mean.

just my thoughts....peace

jez you people make it sound so good. F that i was gonna go there for the first time for dt&dd but saeed and palash are the night b4 anyways. I can hear them and DT and still spend less! Any1 know if DD is gonna be around anywhere else soon? BTW how big is worlds dancefloor, anything you can compare it to?

first off, those 1st two posts sound a little fishy and immature to me...second, i was at world last night, first time there, with a couple of my friends...line was unbelieveably long, lucky we knew someone to get us in..i must say the door people n bouncers could use some personality adjustments..it was very crowded...didnt bother goin onto the dancefloor, but there was tons of room all around the upper level..the bars are huge, so getting a drink isnt a prob...i enjoyed the music. lights, and didnt find anything wrong with the sound system..besides getting into a fight with my boyfriend, i had a good time and will go back

Originally posted by clubbincutie

first off, those 1st two posts sound a little fishy and immature to me...second, i was at world last night, first time there, with a couple of my friends...line was unbelieveably long, lucky we knew someone to get us in..i must say the door people n bouncers could use some personality adjustments..it was very crowded...didnt bother goin onto the dancefloor, but there was tons of room all around the upper level..the bars are huge, so getting a drink isnt a prob...i enjoyed the music. lights, and didnt find anything wrong with the sound system..besides getting into a fight with my boyfriend, i had a good time and will go back

AMATURE!

~~~WORLD SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!

if i paid i would have been soo fucking pissed!!!........i have never been pushed stepped on an elbowed so much in any club.......and no one ever apologized.....at least at exit they either apologize or they grunt in ur direction which is the same thing.......but at world noooooooo...........there was no room to dance....system sux........and they opened the doors @ 11:30...mind u the vip cards say "comp admission b4 11:30" thank god for CCD and simon who took me to the dj booth where i spent about 2 hours trying not to fall asleep

~~the music was good....but the system ruined it........all i gotta say is NEVER AGAIN!!:blown: