Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Thumbs down to the managment of clubplanet MUST READ

When I wrote this post I truely ment everything i am about to say so dont take it to the heart.

When I first came to clubplanet all this board had to offer was people promoting their parties. Its how this board got started. People would come to find out what was going on in their area and than recommend this site to others. All of the sudden the board is filled with a few thousand people. Now that the boards full you (meaning the managment of clubplanet) try to edit posts delete them move them, and even put ******* whenever i try to put my email in my post ex: ****************@aol.com. This is obsure and unfair without us the people on this board this board wouldnt even exist. Im making a big deal because we helped you out in the beginning yet you take the favor and stab us in the back. Yes a lot of people get pissed when people post their parties but theres new people on this board every day who are not promoters, not djs, and just come on to see what the board is about. Please stop taking this board and making all these new rules the people and I know its not only me are getting pissed. LEAVE THE BOARD ALONE AND FOCUS MORE ON YOU WEBSITE.

I asked you to stop promoting about 100 times and never had a response back from you, so we blocked the email address. If you are done promoting, I will unblock it. PM me to let me know.

Originally posted by slyonspromos

When I wrote this post I truely ment everything i am about to say so dont take it to the heart.

When I first came to clubplanet all this board had to offer was people promoting their parties. Its how this board got started. People would come to find out what was going on in their area and than recommend this site to others. All of the sudden the board is filled with a few thousand people. Now that the boards full you (meaning the managment of clubplanet) try to edit posts delete them move them, and even put ******* whenever i try to put my email in my post ex: ****************@aol.com. This is obsure and unfair without us the people on this board this board wouldnt even exist. Im making a big deal because we helped you out in the beginning yet you take the favor and stab us in the back. Yes a lot of people get pissed when people post their parties but theres new people on this board every day who are not promoters, not djs, and just come on to see what the board is about. Please stop taking this board and making all these new rules the people and I know its not only me are getting pissed. LEAVE THE BOARD ALONE AND FOCUS MORE ON YOU WEBSITE.

Originally posted by DaVe

I asked you to stop promoting about 100 times and never had a response back from you, so we blocked the email address. If you are done promoting, I will unblock it. PM me to let me know.

DaVe has spoken....

*hears the twilight zone music*

This is about more than promoting this was a board originally known for people in the scene to come on and express any topics they felt they had. Wether it be promoting parties, reviews, stories, music whatever everything was posted and people were allowed to speak freely. Now we the people who have been with clubplanet get turned down to do what we always did and that was express how we feel and now im expressing how i feel and i feel shitty towards this board cause theres 737328283 promoters who promote. The question hear is whos sucking off who to get their posts on the board and not get their emails taking off.

Express any topics that you want, but do not come on here to use our hard work to promote your parties or web sites. We work hard on this site and for our members and it is not fair that people use our hard work to further their own goals.

This is about more than promoting this was a board originally known for people in the scene to come on and express any topics they felt they had. Wether it be promoting parties, reviews, stories, music whatever everything was posted and people were allowed to speak freely. Now we the people who have been with clubplanet get turned down to do what we always did and that was express how we feel and now im expressing how i feel and i feel shitty towards this board cause theres 737328283 promoters who promote. The question hear is whos sucking off who to get their posts on the board and not get their emails taking off.

Hard work we all do yes even us promoters but when you take care of your people on your website they will take care of you in return. Meaning I scratch your back you scratch mine. Now with the new chat guidelines you have people revolting against the site. I can see if people were promoting websites but come on you have people who want to know where to go and they find out they will come back again because they found a hotspot on your website. You see hard work isnt done by you only or your staff its done by all these people posting. Its done by people meeting others off the board and building friendships yet most of all its done by people supporting each other and each others parties wether it be a dj, promoter, bartender, door host or whatever they make the people on this board happy and look foward to coming on this board again to find out when and where the next hotspot is.

(By the way this is my 600th post) :)

Originally posted by DaVe

Express any topics that you want, but do not come on here to use our hard work to promote your parties or web sites. We work hard on this site and for our members and it is not fair that people use our hard work to further their own goals.

Well said and congrats on # 600!

I think the issue here is that Clubplanet in itself is a promotional team. Any money the site makes is by selling tickets, promoting their parties and having people go to the parties that clubplanet is affiliated with. It would be like taking a Roxy Flyer and having the other side of it have an entirely different club catering for an entirely different crowd. The fact of the matter remains that even though Clubplanet is an open and public message board it comes down to the almighty dollar, and by promoting events that wont benefit the website and the company your not only offering no benefit but actually hindering their promotions by taking some of their crowd away. I could be totally wrong and if i am may Dave strike me down with lightning... no wait, don't do that you can PM me :laugh:

Alright Sly i see your point but look at it this way. You are posting on a message board that brings together over 10 major cities as well as other side forums. To become a member all you have to do is write down some information, choose a name and agree to a contract. Your even given freedom in choosing a signature to your liking as long as its not to explicit (naked kissing girls... but no nipples see that...) and true other websites off the same freedoms but the sheer volume of bandwidth this site sees on a daily basis has to be funded somehow. They fund it through their parties and they cant afford to be losing precious dollars to other parties. What if everyone started promoting their parties on the site and little by little clubplanet starts to lose their capital. The site would be shutdown because their revenues fall short of their overhead. Everyone here will have to find a new board and the same thing will happen till its deemed that club messageboards are not profitable. Its economics and politics thats what it comes down to. Im sorry to say but id have to agree with Dave on this... wow... :eek:

Find me a club message board that deletes peoples post sicktracks, experience nyc, clique me, nightclubcity, & any others they dont go out to delete their peoples posts

We didn't delete any promotional posts. We deleted 2 threads that were long and irrelevant and caused a load on our server. There was nothing else deleted.

Originally posted by trancerxn112

Alright Sly i see your point but look at it this way. You are posting on a message board that brings together over 10 major cities as well as other side forums. To become a member all you have to do is write down some information, choose a name and agree to a contract. Your even given freedom in choosing a signature to your liking as long as its not to explicit (naked kissing girls... but no nipples see that...) and true other websites off the same freedoms but the sheer volume of bandwidth this site sees on a daily basis has to be funded somehow. They fund it through their parties and they cant afford to be losing precious dollars to other parties. What if everyone started promoting their parties on the site and little by little clubplanet starts to lose their capital. The site would be shutdown because their revenues fall short of their overhead. Everyone here will have to find a new board and the same thing will happen till its deemed that club messageboards are not profitable. Its economics and politics thats what it comes down to. Im sorry to say but id have to agree with Dave on this... wow... :eek:

~~i have to agree with mike!!! i promote for 3 parties and even tho id like to put it in my sig i dont care b/c clubplanet does a lot of shyt for the ppl like roxy cards!!! reduced tix comps!!! if they didnt promote from the site they wouldnt have those benefits to give to us:cool:

SLY one word please go look up the word Fallacy

u know what ill save u the trouble

An argument, or apparent argument, which professes to be decisive of the matter at issue, while in reality it is not; a sophism.

ill use a word that u may have heard Strawman :D

basically im implying that u are only taking one of Trancerxn's arguements and replying to it , Which was the one with "deleting posts etc.. " when u should have taken his whole arguement broke it down and replied to it with the best of ur knowledge,

but better yet u replied to the weekest of the arguements in order to prove ur point, i understand u want to have the last word , but comeone , when ur licked, Ur licked!

do me a favor look at his Full post and reply to it in full, dont be slick and try to answer only one of the issues that was brought up by him.

thanks kid

no beef intended

hmm beef im geting hungry :tongue:

We all can still voice our opinions, write our club reviews and what not. The only thing u are really ranting about is not being able to promote your guestlist. Take this for example, if you ran a promotional website and someone wrote on ur guestbook "Use my list at this club" and u were promoting the same party wouldn't u wanna delete that post? I have never seen clubplanet delete a post of someone promoting a party that they weren't involved in. They are a promotional site, they hook other other people up with guestlists and what not and they hook us up as well. So what if we can't promote a party that they are doing, but if u have one that they arent doing i dont think they would have a problem with you promoting it.

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

We all can still voice our opinions, write our club reviews and what not. The only thing u are really ranting about is not being able to promote your guestlist. Take this for example, if you ran a promotional website and someone wrote on ur guestbook "Use my list at this club" and u were promoting the same party wouldn't u wanna delete that post? I have never seen clubplanet delete a post of someone promoting a party that they weren't involved in. They are a promotional site, they hook other other people up with guestlists and what not and they hook us up as well. So what if we can't promote a party that they are doing, but if u have one that they arent doing i dont think they would have a problem with you promoting it.

~~very well put:D :D

Sicktracks is still a labor of love. On the other hand, you won't see CP go down because DaVe didn't like the names of some of the posters.

Now if he actually made any money from promoting parties, that would actually make sense. :idea: As it stands, it's arbitrary and gluttonous.