Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Muslim Countries View America

"I can get more if you want more. The truth isn't hard to find when you look for it. Here is a picture of Israeli soldiers posing with dead Palestinians".

Any pictures of body parts strewn on the sidewalks of an Israeli city, by any chance? We are all quite aware that the conflict has a very brutal nature. Most conflicts do. What you have done is furnished us with particular instances of Isreali abuse. That's good. Maybe now you can look for instances of abuse of Isreali citizens by Arabs. The "truth" by itself is not enough; we need the whole truth. It is then, perhaps , that people may grasp the horrendous nature of this conflict and move away from this futile cycle of "whataboutry".

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by malone

"I can get more if you want more. The truth isn't hard to find when you look for it. Here is a picture of Israeli soldiers posing with dead Palestinians".

Any pictures of body parts strewn on the sidewalks of an Israeli city, by any chance? We are all quite aware that the conflict has a very brutal nature. Most conflicts do. What you have done is furnished us with particular instances of Isreali abuse. That's good. Maybe now you can look for instances of abuse of Isreali citizens by Arabs. The "truth" by itself is not enough; we need the whole truth. It is then, perhaps , that people may grasp the horrendous nature of this conflict and move away from this futile cycle of "whataboutry".

So you condone what Israel is doing?

That does not prove anything.

Most of the things that Midiman posted were blatant propaganda.

As for the Israeli reservists refusing to serve, didn't it say that a good percentage of them are pacifists? There is always going to be a faction of people who disagree with the war.

Secondly, war is hell. No one said it wasn't. None of the things posted serve to indict Israel as an aggressor.

None of the things posted are particularly worse than things the Arabs have done either.

This is interesting:

According to the UNRWA website (where Midiman gets his info) a Palestinian refugee is someone you lived in Palestine between 1946 and 1948. 2 lousy years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO IS A PALESTINE REFUGEE?

"Under UNRWA's operational definition, Palestine refugees are persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine between June 1946 and May 1948, who lost both their homes and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict. UNRWA's services are available to all those who meet this definition, who are registered with the Agency and who need assistance. UNRWA's definition of a refugee also covers the descendants of persons who became refugees in 1948. The number of registered Palestine refugees has subsequently grown from 914,000 in 1950 to more than 3.8 million in 2001, and continues to rise due to natural population growth.

"You forget that the United States has crippled the middle east with all its sanctions on Iraq and Libya".

This doesn't explain the failure of the Arab states to absorb the refugees for forty years prior to the sanctions, now does it? Besides, Saudi Arabia could take a little time out from spreading Islamic fundamentalism across the globe and help out these blighted people, either by absorbing them in their country, or by financially assisting other countries to do so. After WW2 millons of ethnic Germans were forced from their homes in eastern Europe and had to be absorbed in Germany, which was in far worse condition than the Arab countries you speak of. And nobody cared how long they had lived on their land, did they?

Originally posted by malone

"You forget that the United States has crippled the middle east with all its sanctions on Iraq and Libya".

This doesn't explain the failure of the Arab states to absorb the refugees for forty years prior to the sanctions, now does it? Besides, Saudi Arabia could take a little time out from spreading Islamic fondamentalism across the globe and help out these blighted people, either by absorbing them in their country, or by financially assisting other countries to do so. After WW2 millons of ethnic Germans were forced from their homes in eastern Europe and had to be absorbed in Germany, which was in far worse condition than the Arab countries you speak of. And nobody cared how long thew had lived on their land, did they?

The ethnic Germans did not claim that eastern Europe was "holy land".

Originally posted by raver_mania

No I don't - answer my question (which is now directed toward you) - do you agree with what Israel is doing?

No I don't. I think they should stop this tit for tat bullshit, and just crush them.

Then maybe they will give up on the idea of destroying Israel, then we can all work out a deal, whereby the other Arab nations absorb these Palestinian "refugees".

Originally posted by dusted

No I don't. I think they should stop this tit for tat bullshit, and just crush them.

Then maybe they will give up on the idea of destroying Israel, then we can all work out a deal, whereby the other Arab nations absorb these Palestinian "refugees".

Never Again huh...Never Forget?

The irony is simply amazing. The one group of people who I wouldn't expect this type of behavior from. How quickly people forget history and repeat the mistakes of the past. Abused children become abusive parents.

I can see that you are heavily biased toward Israel for personal reasons(no one in their right minds could sit there and say what you did and still call themselves objective), and thus one cannot have a sane conversation with you. As much is evident from your posts.

"So you condone what Israel is doing?"

I had no idea I had condoned what Israel is doing. Fortunately for me though, I have you to decode my posts so the I may better understand my position. That's what's called a cheap shot. I suspect though, you'll not be posting any attachments to pictures of victims of Palestinian violence. Perhaps I would then be entitled, by your lofty standards, to conclude that you would support those atrocities.

As anyone can see from my post above about who constitutes a Palestinian refugee, it doesn't take much to be considered a refugee. A person only had to have lived there for those 2 years to be considered one. One only had to be a recent immigrant.

Add to that that they also count all the offspring of those original "refugees"

So, are all the offspring of the original Holocaust survivors, who live in America, also Jewish refugees?

"The ethnic Germans did not claim that eastern Europe was holy land."

Regardless, it was their home , which was the point made. Making claims to the supposed holiness of the land is then grounds for special consideration, ha? Well then that settles everything. For nobody claims Palestine as more holy to them than the Jews.

Here we go again with the assumptions and personal insults.

You must have personal reasons to be so pro Palestinian right? Are you an Arab?

Not at all. I'm Hindu, so I probably "have" more reasons to hate Arabs than you do (eg, Kashmir, terrorist attacks in India). The reason I made that assumption about you was because of your statement "just crush them". And how exactly would you "just crush them"? Wipe em all out?

So, what would your solution to this whole Mideast conflict be?

Originally posted by midiman

Never Again huh...Never Forget?

The irony is simply amazing. The one group of people who I wouldn't expect this type of behavior from. How quickly people forget history and repeat the mistakes of the past. Abused children become abusive parents.

So what is your solution? Israel just gives up on the idea of a Jewish state and once again subjugates itself to Islam?

Originally posted by raver_mania

Not at all. I'm Hindu, so I probably "have" more reasons to hate Arabs than you do (eg, Kashmir, terrorist attacks in India). The reason I made that assumption about you was because of your statement "just crush them". And how exactly would you "just crush them"? Wipe em all out?

So, what would your solution to this whole Mideast conflict be?

When I say crush them, I am not referring to genocide. I am talking about Israel using their military might to bring them to their knees, so that they give up their idea of destroying Israel.

Your problem is that you refuse to see that that is what the ultimate goal is, to destroy Israel.

What do you think would happen to Israel if they let all these Palestinian refugees back in and reverted to the pre 67 borders. Be honest now. Do you REALLY think everything would be all nice again?

Originally posted by midiman

No, just give back the illegally occupied land and have your precious little Israeli state. It is as simple as that.

Your comments reek of anti- Semitism.

But indulge me, what is your vision of this "precious little Israeli state"?

Lets keep in mind that the number of refugees in 48 was 914,000, and now its almost 4 millions due to population growth.

So Israel is to be required to allow 4 million Arabs, all of whom are sworn enemies of Israel, into their country.

That makes a lot of sense.

You give yourself away. Its obvious that you do not think Israel has a right to exist, as a Jewish state. You don't believe the Jews have a right to their own state, thats the bottom line.