Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is anyone awake who went to Honeydew3, give me a review!!!

wahoo

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

You can blame the soundsystem problems on Carl Cox. He had it turned up waaaaaay too loud. And I don't care how good the soundsystem is, if you crank the amp past the peak threshold, you're gonna get distortion. I wouldn't be surprised if Nation has to replace a few of their speakers, cause you could hear the voice coils popping in the speakers, and I bet he either busted a few, or they're so severely damaged that they won't have much more use in them. That was only one of the things that pissed me off. Cause I kept thinking "He's fucking ruining the speakers, and we've got Sander, Warren, Pappa, Sasha, and Digweed coming soon!!!!!" :mad:

THAT BURNING SMELL IS NOT AN ENHANCED SENSATION OF YOUR ROLL, JACKASS! THE LIGHTHEADEDNESS YOU FEEL IS NOT A GOOD BUZZ, IT'S SMOKE INHALATION! I was just thinking "Great, I'm sitting in a club that's overcrowded, which is probably a firecode violation, and my life is in the hands of some fucking sloppy e-tard who can't even keep track of his jacket and cigarettes."

First part is very true, he had it turnep up way too much, it was obvious, and if he turned it down just a notch or two it would've made a HUGE difference and he would've really rocked.

SO thats why my ass felt like it was on fire and thats where my jacket was. Thanks for clearing up some things shady

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but, frankly, i could give a crap about the crowd, and the guys with their shirts off and the lines, even the girl dressed as rainbow bright couldn't pull me down off my rush. i had the best fuckin' night and this was a small price to pay. i spent my night shaking my ass, surrounded by hansome men. i danced with glowsticks (sorta) for the first time in 8 years of these types of events. i even think that being sober may have made the whole experience better. if i'm really, really lucky, malanee will teach me to do my hair all cute like hers.

so complain all you want - you know that none o'y'all are sayin' anything new and you won't be deterring me from coming back.

so there.

ps - i think i'm in love with scott henry and pretty sure he feels the same way as he spent his whole set looking right at me. hehe.

Originally posted by nourishment

but, frankly, i could give a crap about the crowd, and the guys with their shirts off and the lines, even the girl dressed as rainbow bright couldn't pull me down off my rush. i had the best fuckin' night and this was a small price to pay. i spent my night shaking my ass, surrounded by hansome men. i danced with glowsticks (sorta) for the first time in 8 years of these types of events. i even think that being sober may have made the whole experience better. if i'm really, really lucky, malanee will teach me to do my hair all cute like hers.

so complain all you want - you know that none o'y'all are sayin' anything new and you won't be deterring me from coming back.

so there.

ps - i think i'm in love with scott henry and pretty sure he feels the same way as he spent his whole set looking right at me. hehe.

Nourishment - here are 4 easy steps to getting hair like mine:

1) Go to the ghetto mall

2) Hand the little Asian woman behind the counter some money.

3) Clip on your new hair.

4) Tell everyone it took hours to do! :laugh:

but, frankly, i could give a crap about the crowd, and the guys

Unfortunately, I don't think you're his "flavor." ;):tongue:

We're not trying to stop you from coming back. We're just venting frustration over how our nice club has turned into the freakin freak joint!!! I was standing in line and when the 20-30 dudes and there fucking disgusting dates hoped in front of me, like RIGHT in front of the security guard, they were asking each other "who is in there?", "Who is this Carol Cox guy and who are these other people?", "Why are we here?" "Oh, we're hear because everyone else is, but this place really sucks... Dream is better." "Yo, they play hip hop in here?"

This is the reason we're so mad. You see the people in NY, or well sometimes, well anyone that was at Danny Howells for Labor Day understands a crowd that appreciates a DJ. Yes there were some people really messed up, but for the most part everyone was there to enjoy the music. This did not happen on Friday night. I walked around and there were WAY too many people that were SO fucked up they should have just turned the place into an ER room. People were not repecting eachother, which is a staple or for the most part something everyone does. This was the first night when I felt like people were being assholes and didn't give a shit about the other people there. Usually people are very nice and everyone is having a good time. Friday night I hope was a one time thing, I don't know if it was the college kids or what, but more people are starting to come that don't give a shit about the music or respecting other people. They are simply coming because it is THE place to be on Friday.

We all will be going back, and hopefully the next time we will not be complaining. The music was for the most part REALLY good. What I got to hear. It was a fun night, over all. We liked having you come up Nurishment, was cool of you to hangout till like 7. We hope you come up more often. Don't let our rambling effect your decision to come back up, we just know the club from better times and better crowds. We're hoping it was a one night thing. So.....................................................

Originally posted by Kuro

And maybe the crowds will get better when all the punk ass college students go home for the summer (no offense to the college students here).

:laugh: :laugh:

arent you a "punk ass college student?"

well a masters punk ass college student?

Yeah. He was probably staring at Vic, who was standing behind you. Sorry, but that's the word on the street! :rolleyes:

yeah, i thik he was jealous 'cos you were right next to me all night long shady, i think thats why i couldnt find girls in k-holes all night while i was there

Seems like a lot of people have many complains about this night. Well, i have none...i had a great time listening to it live on the radio, and since i was still under the influence of "medicine" after my oral surgery - it doubled the fun.

But seriously, i think its awesome how Buzz has its own radioshow now.

Originally posted by nautilus60

Seems like a lot of people have many complains about this night. Well, i have none...i had a great time listening to it live on the radio, and since i was still under the influence of "medicine" after my oral surgery - it doubled the fun.

But seriously, i think its awesome how Buzz has its own radioshow now.

Yo, was it commercial-free? Please tell me it was commercial-free.

I think we should start recording the show and converting them to MP3 like the diehards in England do w/ Digweed KISS FM and Essential Mix. That'd be phat to get a collection of Buzz MP3's.

got there early at 10:30 and was tricked into waiting 40 min in the line for ticket holders where i saw kuro putting flyers on parked cars and yelling "i'm dj rap's #1 fan!!" finally made inside, defrosted and met up with the other peeps. some weird dude was there with orange shoes who turned out to be vicman :) met malanee and she let me play with her hair, which btw looked like kuro's. nourishment represented from richmond and her friend ty felt better cause he found out that we were all older. and who can forget malanee friend max from the buzz board.

hit the floor when henry was playing. his set was fuckin insane and he had the crowd rockin. my cousin, g-money, who was outside at the time during the set, said that they were playing it on 99.1, hence the van. was chillin with all the peeps including shady but he failed to introduce me to the girl he was chillin with, proally thought he'd make a fool of himself by saying "uhh, yeah this is eggmok and we post on the same website. cool huh." finally met scratch on the floor and i must say she has plenty of rhythm to rival me!

carl cox finally came on the the crowd size and the heat on the dance floor increased exponentially. it got way too crowded so i moved to the front left, next to the stairs which surprisingly had plenty of room. his set was typical cc style, hard and pumpin that keeps you goin the whole time. plus the fact that he really gets the crowd into it by jumpin up and down, a feat which to this day makes me wonder how someone so big can get both his feet off the floor.

meet everyone else again when the crowd cleared out. jroo, royal, raver, trance dance. it was really interesting how all the cp people first dispersed and we all ended up on the right edge of the dancefloor near the end of the night. that was particularly fun cause everyone was overly tired but still wanted to dance. sorry vic, but i'm gonna have scratch as my new dance partner. btw, i haven't used glowsticks in a while but i just may start back cause i forget how dorky i look doing them.

it was a great night for one more reason. i lost about 5 lbs, just in time for miami! honeydew tasted sooo goood.

Originally posted by eggmok

was chillin with all the peeps including shady but he failed to introduce me to the girl he was chillin with, proally thought he'd make a fool of himself by saying "uhh, yeah this is eggmok and we post on the same website. cool huh."

It's tough being cool when the words "Internet message board" somehow creep into the conversation. I think we should just make up some story about how we grew up in the hood together or something and how we'd beat up rival gangs and stuff. That'd make intros a helluva lot easier and make us look like hard mo-fo's too... :laugh:

It's tough being cool when the words "Internet message board" somehow creep into the conversation. I think we should just make up some story about how we grew up in the hood together or something and how we'd beat up rival gangs and stuff. That'd make intros a helluva lot easier and make us look like hard mo-fo's too... :laugh:

werd, i just tell people that i met all of you in jail.

nah, fawk dat, i got a better one . . .

we can say that we both served in the same platoon during the gulf war . . .

and the reason we're so cracked out is because we acquired the gulf war syndrome . . .

Originally posted by sauvee88

We're not trying to stop you from coming back. We're just venting frustration over how our nice club has turned into the freakin freak joint!!!

We all will be going back, and hopefully the next time we will not be complaining. The music was for the most part REALLY good. What I got to hear. It was a fun night, over all. We liked having you come up Nurishment, was cool of you to hangout till like 7. We hope you come up more often. Don't let our rambling effect your decision to come back up, we just know the club from better times and better crowds. We're hoping it was a one night thing. So.....................................................

You may have taken me a little too literally. I completely agree with your critique and noticed a lot of it myself. My intention was simply to let y'all know just what a great time I'd had and that even all this shit wasn't standing in my way. (Maybe I overshot the sarcasm angle) I'll definitely be back to DC, hopefully soon and will make a point of catching up with you again. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Bought a brand new pair of shiny happy pants, just yesterday. I think they'll go great with my ghetto hair. Scott Henry's gonna notice me if I have to staple Vic to my side.

Next time, we HAVE to get there earlier (unless its like Sasha, where tix were limited - there was NO line for that)...luckily I was near the front of line when the bouncer announced that only ppl with tickets would be let in from the line...G, Carol, Pete and I slipped right in, with Brian right behind us.

Got the last 1/2 hour of Henry's set - awesome! CC was good but the sound WAS too loud. Didn't enjoy Madam Zu too much after she shifted to hard house....though I gotta say, she was quite animated in the booth. Went to the front room a coupla times to try catch DJ Rap, but couldn't see up into the booth that well. I was surprised they had the patio open, though.

I brought glowsticks after the longest time, and now I realize what a pain they are. Had my photons tied to the ends of them, and so I had to keep a careful eye out as every two minutes someone asked to borrow them.

When's the next big night?

Originally posted by raver_mania

When's the next big night?

Donald Glaude & Feelgood this Friday. I may have to go against my "Buzz only for Prog DJ's rule" this one time. Considering Donald Glaude is no longer a Buzz resident, this may be the last time in a long time we get to see the happiest man in show business spin at Buzz.

You may have taken me a little too literally. I completely agree with your critique and noticed a lot of it myself. My intention was simply to let y'all know just what a great time I'd had and that even all this shit wasn't standing in my way. (Maybe I overshot the sarcasm angle) I'll definitely be back to DC, hopefully soon and will make a point of catching up with you again. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Bought a brand new pair of shiny happy pants, just yesterday. I think they'll go great with my ghetto hair. Scott Henry's gonna notice me if I have to staple Vic to my side.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I need some shiny happy pants! *lol*

Glad to hear you weren't scared away. I mean, really, if you can survive meeting the CP folks - the rest of the people at Buzz start looking kind of normal/boring in comparison!

BTW, I forgot to make fun of Kuro in my original post. I think they modeled this guy after him: :bits:

Hope you had fun Kuro! :D