Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who can see the WTC LIGHTS???

wow I'm 20 minutes away from the city in Jersey, but if I look towards the city the light (the two look like one from my view) it's huge and bright I can't imagine what it would look like if it wasn't cloudy wow what a memorial

:bounce: They are amazing...It doesnt feel like 6 months it feels like yesterday...to know that people i know were there....i saw them burning while i was driving home from my school after it was evacuated..i am never ever going to forget that ...

GINO RIP 9/11....EMMA SIETE SEMPRE NELLE MIE PREGHIERE

Originally posted by darcoleo

I live out on exit 51 on the LIE on the Island. It's weird tho cause I can see the light very faintly. Given my position, I didn't think I'd be able to see em at all. Sick.

Whoa for real? I live at 46 and Ithought I was in the boonies!!! Dammit why didn't I go to school in NY and just stay there!! :mad: I wanna see this!

from far away they are still very visible, much skinnier than the real buildings were.... but up close like right across the water on the jersey side(exchange place if ya know where that is) they are bright as day... if you've ever noticed the lights that they use to light up ground zero while they work at night.. picture two str8 beams that are brighter than those are... still remember walking out of St. Peter's to the sight of a giant black smoke cloud and seeing for the first time ever in my life mass emergency response unit on the side of a medic truck. watching ambulances race down the turnpike ramp to the holland tunnel for 5 minutes straight at 9:45.. one after another nonstop. :unhappy: okay time to stop i'm starting to cry again

:bounce: Yea some friends went to st. peters in hs. and do now in college and they all said that all they saw was a huge black fireball and they said they can see it especially clear over there...it sucked for me drivin home from school...i was wit 2 friends goin home on 280 and all we heard on the radio was about hijackings and we heard sirens all over and saw the WTC burning right before our eyes ..our cell phones werent working and i guess someone panicked because there was a carcrash..it was so surreal

I was in school at Baruch on the 14th floor which is about 20-30 blocks away from WTC and i had a clear view of them... suddenly all these cellphones, pagers everything go off for like a few seconds... it was really wierd... even more so cause it was a class of 500 students a huge lecture hall... im like WTF this is like the siege... how ironic my thoughts were... just then my cell goes off my brother Text Messaged me... WAR: Two planes were hijacked and crashed into the twin towers... i race upstairs with a group of people and look out the window and see the towers onfire... then about 30 minutes later one of the towers collapsed and i high tailed it out of the city... not a good place to be...

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Tell me what they look like!!! I am stuck in DC and I cannot experience it for myself for another two weeks.

I have taken a few photos of them on the way home from work tonight and plan to take more within the next few days... As I am sure many others will do the same... when I get them back I will post them on the board...

Peace... And God Bless

They will be up for 32 days from Dusk Till 11PM...