Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wtc lights has to be the stupidest idea ever

that is the dumbest comment i have ever heard, having two lights pointing into the sky will not make the terrorists any more or any less determined to wipe new york and the rest of america off the face of the earth, the lights are for remembrance jackass, hey, with a brain like yours you can run military strategy for the taliban

i think its a good idea. they have to do some sort of memorial for 9-11. if someone wanted to attack nyc or the usa again they will try lights or not. and would you think the government would let the same thing happen again? how weak would the government look.

i hope to god that u did not know anybody that perished 6 months ago. the lights signify a path to heaven which is where the souls of all the heroes of 9-11 went. its a shame that some1 from the NYC area would even think to say that its a bad idea. think about what u just posted, think about what happened on 9-11, and then think about the true meaning of the beautiful work of art that now shines over our great city.

May all our heroes R.I.P :confused::(:confused::(

Etienne! :D

Originally posted by clubmouse

that is the dumbest comment i have ever heard, having two lights pointing into the sky will not make the terrorists any more or any less determined to wipe new york and the rest of america off the face of the earth, the lights are for remembrance jackass, hey, with a brain like yours you can run military strategy for the taliban

ok dude talk to me when u have more than 200 post. think about this the memorial will only be up 32 days and is costing millions of dollars, meanwhile victims families are having to basically beg for money from the red cross or whoever is in control of it now. my next comment is to magilicutti, u say that another attack will make the gov look weak, well 9-11 is the second time the world trade was attacked by the same people, so i guess the government is weak. im not saying a memorial is a bad idea, im just thinking that there should be something more permanent. once again in my defense i would like to say that i may have different views from most of u but i can guarantee that i was the only cp person that risked my ass at groundzero the day it happened. so if u dont like my oppinnion thats too bad but walk the walk before you talk the talk(that means u clubmouse)

Originally posted by magilicuti

i think its a good idea. they have to do some sort of memorial for 9-11. if someone wanted to attack nyc or the usa again they will try lights or not. and would you think the government would let the same thing happen again? how weak would the government look.

I agree.. why are people so dumb! :rolleyes:

Looking at it from simply a security standpoint- the Empire State Building is lit up ever night until Midnight, dont you think it would be a much better target to aim for then then looking for a a few spotlights while flying? All of this is actually rather pointless- if a terrorist were to hijack another plane, all that is needed it to punch a set of coordinates (latitude/longitude) into a GPS driven auto pilot system, and the plane will map out a route for the 'pilot' just like the Nav systems in new cars do...so lighting something up dosn't make anything more of a terrorist target.

Bern

yea, because the number of posts I have really makes a difference when talking about 9-11, and fyi, no money is being taken away from victims families to pay for the lights, and just because i was down in delaware when it happened doesn't mean that i didn't want to be there helping out any way i could, and while i was here, i spent every day for a month raising money for the 9-11, and twin towers fund, so why don't you shut the fuck up, to say that you were the only cper "risking your ass" at ground zero implies that no one else on this board gives a shit, and that is where you are dead wrong, we all had friends involved and we all care, so don't think you're some big shit when you're not, looks like i got all your lame ass responses covered bitch

okay guys... this is ridiculous .. why are we arguing about the remembrance of those that perished... fine it might be an eery memorial, but ground zero is still torn to shreds and no real memorial can be built until the new buildings are being built... i live in jersey city and every day driving on the pulaski skyway and seeing something missing brings a tear to my eye.. literally every day... tonight was my first time coming home from school and actually being comforted by those lights... it brought a different tear to my eye. and i was there helping out too so tony wasn't the only cp'er well actually on the jersey side coz they wouldn't let us cross the river

I @ least am not saying we shouldn't have a sombre memorial, as we do. If that's how u wanna mourn and remember, go 4 it. I think having an alternative that has a more optimistic compliment to said somber symbol of rememberance is a positive thing though. It provides a hopeful message that something can be built on the tragedy. Life springs from death if you will, a theme that goes back over a century to when Walt Witman was a journalist/poet here. It probably goes back further than that. And if there were ever a time we need such a message, it's now.

I thought shining two lights was a really good idea. It represents the two tall buildings that once gave NYC it's beautiful skyline. The lights shined higher than all of NYC showing that America rose above the hate and was blessed with the power of unity.

I think it's a great idea but poor execution. They pretty much look like glorified spotlights. Should have done it up with lasers like the Luxor in Vegas. Also from Queens, the lights look white instead of blue. Anyone else notice that?

Originally posted by a_jenkins

I think it's a great idea but poor execution. They pretty much look like glorified spotlights. Should have done it up with lasers like the Luxor in Vegas. Also from Queens, the lights look white instead of blue. Anyone else notice that?

I dont know about lasers. Its a memorial not a spectacle.....I think what they did was perfect. But thats just the way I feel....