Clubplanet Nightlife Community

D:Fuse This Friday at Roxy!!!

Get your advance tickets now for only $25 at http://store.yahoo.com/ticketing/dfusroxfridm.html

Skip the lines!

D:Fuse Biography

DJ D:FUSE - THE STORY SO FAR

Austin, TX, USA. October, 2001. The state capital of Texas is a liberal city with a rich and varied musical heritage. Electronica has finally made its mark on the local scene and Texans will very likely thank their own born-and-bred son, D:FUSE, for his influence for many years to come - and with good reason...

D:Fuse broke onto the Texan dance scene ten years ago performing industrial music under the name Culture Industry but soon turned his energies to full time DJing, spinning progressive music. D:Fuse’s primary musical influences then included Renegade Sound Wave, Jerry Bonham, Paul Oakenfold, BT, John Graham (Quivver), Paul van Dyk, The

Chameleons, The Orb and Future Sound of London. D:Fuse’s love and enthusiasm for live performances means that he will definitely be returning to the live circuit soon, probably next summer.

As his DJ reputation grew D:Fuse began spinning all over the USA, Canada and Mexico. His skills soon came to the attention of dance music pioneer Steve Levy, of LA-based Moonshine Music. “Psychotrance 2000”was released in September, 1999 and was followed-up with “Psychotrance 2001”. D:Fuse’s latest CD on Moonshine, “Progressive Mix Volume One”,

is currently available.

D:Fuse is one half of EXPANSION with writer and producer, SHANE HOWARD, and Expansion’s style has caught the attention of many world class DJs. “Feel” was featured on Dave Seaman’s “Global Underground - Buenos Aires”

compilation and “Perspectives” was featured on Ashley Casselle’s recent “Deviations” mix CD as well as being licensed to Paul van Dyk’s new label, Vandit.

D:Fuse also records with LA-based musician and producer KEN HANKINS (aka JOY). “You Got It” on Funked Up Recordings was hammered in the clubs by Carl Cox, Scott Bond, Seb Fontaine, Ashley Casselle, Grant Plant and

John ‘00’ Fleming. Seb showcased “You Got It” in a BBC Radio One Essential Mix, and the tune was named ‘Vital Release’ in Muzik magazine (UK). D:Fuse’s follow-up work with Joy, “She Rides”, was released on Perfecto in May to fantastic critical acclaim and entered the UK dance

charts at number 14. “She Rides” was included on the Gatecrasher mix CD compilation, “Discotech Generation”, and on John Kelly’s latest Slinky mix CD.

D:Fuse has recently collaborated with renowned British musician and engineer, MARK HORWOOD. Their debut, a remix of Deep Architecture’s haunting track “The Realm (Sunday AM)” on Niche Records, has left dance floors stunned. Leading DJ Hernan Cattaneo rates this as “the best track of the year”. D:Fuse has also collaborated with another emerging young talent from England, RYAN MAUNDER. Their debut work, “Technique” , has just been released on Perfecto’s “Underground Sound of USA” EP. D:Fuse’s efforts with all production partners have displayed unique blends of deeply progressive house rhythms tinged with funky trance: a potent combination! D:Fuse’s first solo release on Moonshine,

“Bodyshock”, is being well received by DJs and on dancefloors. Yes - that’s D:Fuse on vocals, too!

As D:Fuse’s DJ reputation continues to grow, his touring schedule has increased and the dance music press has taken notice. He has been prominently featured in URB, Mixer, DJ Times, MC2 and Revolution magazines. He was rated as a ‘name to look out for in 2001’ in Ministry magazine (UK) and URB in the USA. D:Fuse has an on-going DJ residency at the legendary Release in San Francisco and he has now headlined in the UK at God’s Kitchen, Creation, Slinky and Passion. His debut at world-famous Cream in Liverpool is set for November, and a tour of Australia and New Zealand is planned for January, 2002.

D:Fuse has worked hard to earn his place as a well-respected pioneer of progressive music, and his fame has grown rapidly. When D:Fuse’s skills came to the attention of Paul Oakenfold, Oakey liked what he heard so much that he offered D:Fuse the opening DJ slot on his North American Perfecto tours. Their third and fourth tours are currently being planned, as well as more shows together in the US, UK and elsewhere.

According to Paul Oakenfold: “D:Fuse represents what I admire most. He’s worked hard for what he’s acheived, he’s a fantastic DJ and artist, he has a creative mind and he understands the whole vibe.” D:Fuse’s philosophy is quite simple: “Music has saved my life, and all I want to do is pass on my musical message. I’ve been handed some wonderful

opportunities and experiences in my life through music, and I consider it a privilege to be able to give something back in return.”

What’s coming soon? D:Fuse has signed a major worldwide recording contract with V2 Records, and his first artist album is due for release in 2002. A double CD mix for Paul Oakenfold’s Perfecto Presents series called “People” is due for US release in January, 2002. A double CD package - mixed/unmixed - of D:Fuse’s own production work over the past three years is due for release on V2 around May, 2002. The new D:Fuse & Joy single, “House Sound of the Future”, is also due for release as well as a D:Fuse remix of “Prayer” by Scanners on Scotland’s Limbo imprint.

Welcome to the journey, y’all.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Justin yes he opened in NJ the hottie with the cowboy hat ;) That damn hat is Sexy *RIDE'M COWBOY*

are you sure he didnt just open at the jones beach show?

because at pnc bank arts center liquid todd opened.....i know cuz thats how i got my tickets:confused:

D: FUSE is one hell of a fuckin DJ! he was much better than Oakie himself and at a rave i went to with over 10 DJs, he was BY FAR the best DJ (better than bad boy bill that night).

DON'T MISS OUT ON D:FUSE, his progressive trance style is quite similar to those of pvd and digweed...

though if you guys don't feel that and want nyc hard house.. then don't go..

Originally posted by bjsil

Making our first trip to Roxy fri. night...Will Vicious Be Spinnin as wellas D-Fuse? Times? Heard him open for Oakie in philly last Nov. Awesome! Wht time should we get there?Thanks cper's

yeah they're both spinninng that night

on a normal night at Roxy.. lines backed up by midnight and even if you get there early there's still a line... but it moves pretty quick..

though two weeks ago i remember them opening up late .. like 1130.. pissed me off coz i had girls with me that wanted to get in for reduced.. i was like they better not turn into world.. then i thought nah.. nobody can be as bad as world .. lol

OK, so here's the deal. We get these Roxy VIP cards that on any other night will get us in free. But right when something awesome rolls around we have to pay money now?! I don't know if the truth was posted on my thread, but Dave, could you confirm the status of the validity of the Roxy VIP card? (Is it free or discounted, and what will we have to pay if it is just discounted)

Originally posted by jennEfer

OK, so here's the deal. We get these Roxy VIP cards that on any other night will get us in free. But right when something awesome rolls around we have to pay money now?! I don't know if the truth was posted on my thread, but Dave, could you confirm the status of the validity of the Roxy VIP card? (Is it free or discounted, and what will we have to pay if it is just discounted)

I'd also like this confirmed as well.