Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you tip the bartender?

Depends how busy it is.

If its a madhouse, I'll throw a $20 to the bartender this way he remembers me, and when I walk up to the bar "no matter" how crowed it is, I get served asap as soon as I get there.

Ive been doing this for the longest...and the bartenders appreciate it more. Im not a big drinker though..

If I just go by myself to the bar and get a single drink, I'll leave 2 bucks.

:hat:

If you're a regular at this place and you want the bartenders to remember you, tip well occasionally (i.e. every 4th time up or so tip them a couple bucks extra). This is pretty useless at clubs, but can be really good for lounges.

Otherwise, $1 per drink if you're paying up front ($2 or $3 for the first drink if they're paying attention so they serve you faster later in the night), 20% if you're drinking off a tab, and if you don't have money for tips by the end of the night, I'm sure the bartenders wouldn't mind you performing oral pleasure on them in the back.

:laugh: <--- I'm pretty sure this is actually performing cunnilingus/fellatio/analingus rather than laughing

Originally posted by hoke

What about the "bartenders" at Vinyl? Surely they don't get paid only on tips? I've never seen anybody leave even a measly quarter for them.

i always tip a buck on the first bottle of water. unless they give me attitude for some reason.

tippings like everything else: you get back what u put in.

always a buck - pretty much no matter how expensive or cheap the drink is. if i don't have singles, i'll tip $5 and not tip on the next round.

when the bartender buys back i usually give them 4 or 5 bucks per drink as a tip. if its more than 4 drinks though, i just give them 20 bucks.

if i'm with a big group or at a fancy sit down place i'll just tip a bunch up front so no hassles and the bartender / waiter(tress) knows they are gonna get taken care of.

but i will say this: i don't think that u need to tip every time at a really crowded place where the bartenders are impersonal and u'r never gonna get better service. if a bartender makes 500 drinks a night at a club, that 500 bucks. that's a lot of dough, and i don't feel bad for them. when its your local bar or a smaller place then its different and u gotta be sure to take care of your peeps.

tipping is a definite must. i think it's rude and tasteless if you leave very little or nothing.

having said that, i consider myself a very big tipper b/c it's hell working the hours that bartenders/waiters do and i know that tips are what they rely on. at restaurants if the service is shitty i give 15%, otherwise it's 20-25%. i'll always start off the night with a tip around $4-5, then continue at about $1-2 afterwards if i stick with the same bartender.

and a note to bartenders, it makes my day when i get a sincere thank you for the generous tips i give. i'll give huge tips and usually get free shots/a big smile & thank you afterwards. that's cool with me. ;)

SEEMS LIKE FOR THE MOST PART EVERYONE HERE TIPS WELL....

GOOD FOR U GUYS!:)

ITS JUST THOSE SCUMBAGS WHO DON'T TIP ANY WHERE THEY GO.

U KNOW WHO U R! AND MOST OF THE TIME THEIR RICH OR ORDERING THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING, DAMN CHEAP FUCKS!

HERE'S WHAT I THINK ABOUT THEM.....:shoot:

I tip $1 a drink like most of U ppl.

But bar hopping b4 hitting the clubs saves lotta cash. I have been drinking cueva tequila mixed with red bull lately and it gives me a buzz with a kick. I am buzzed and hyper at the same time. 3 of those drinks and roll into a club around 2 AM ready to dance, especially to Vinyl , where they don't serve alcohol.

Wow...I guess i am Either Very Stupid or Very Generous, Maybe alittle of both, but I usually tip around the same price as the Drink. I know if i got a Shot ($7) I tip another $7. I never Tip over $7 though...at city clubs anyways. When im out here on the island I usually tip no more than $4 - 5 a drink.

Originally posted by joeg

yeah $1/per drink... but I dont' tip for redbull or water... its just them handing me a can/bottle...

atleast beer they have to cap it... and mixed drinks they actually have to work...

this is true, but i mean... so, the bartender should suffer by not getting tipped because YOU opted for a water instead of an alcoholic drink? If the bartender got to pick what you drank and they grabbed a water for you, THEN i could understand not tipping cuz that just means they're lazy.... but you picked water, and they had to get it for you....

*Something to think about*

Originally posted by misk

....also...i think it's fucked up not to tip....not everyone can afford to tip generously and that's not the point....but when u work in a field that the majority of income is from tips....u depend on the patrons........anyone in the industry would agree....

yep im in the industry...well a waiter but same idea....i cant stand when peope leave me a shitty ass tip...espicially when my boss has these stupid coupon out for buy one dinner get on free..these mother fuckers tip me after the deduction of the meal....cheap fucks:blown:

Originally posted by msoprano13

yep im in the industry...well a waiter but same idea....i cant stand when peope leave me a shitty ass tip...espicially when my boss has these stupid coupon out for buy one dinner get on free..these mother fuckers tip me after the deduction of the meal....cheap fucks:blown:

That's when you use spit and pubic hair to garnish the dish:D

always +1 dollar per drink, including bottled water. experience has shown me that as long as i do that, my drinks usually get stronger during the night and i evntually get a buyback or two :D

Look out for the bartenders and they look out for you, plain and simple.

Lou (^_^)