Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DeVito @ Joey's

I actually read a review of DeVito at Avalon in Boston in January, this is from URB Magazine:

"Ravenous DeVito fans expecting his patented barrage of bombastick trance-pop and Mel C remixes might have been surprised by the set, however. Manning the decks around midnight, he ripped through a two-hour set that was dominated by stark jack tracks, all gut-turning synth stabs and ear-piercing acid rolls..........full of hedonist peaks and rock and roll thrills, it climaxed once or twice during every song. Somewhere in the second hour, DeVito softened up a bit, laying down some questionable R&B tinged cuts, including a cringe-worthy Whitney Houston remix and a re-rub of that bar-mitzvah classic, "I Will Survive". Needless to say, the crowd left smiling."

interesting note:

his NYC Underground Volume 3 is the best-selling DJ mix CD of all time...........$380,000 copies.

:D

Originally posted by hongkongphooey

HE FUCKING SUCKS!!! HE ISN'T A DJ!!! I don't think he even mixes his cd's.

I actually am agreeing with you. Underground #3 was mixed with a computer program and he stuck his name on it!! Underground #3 will be the biggest selling DJ Cd until the end of the week and Peters Cd passes him.

The funniest fact about this RSL bs is that the dj s like riddler scribble and devito never go to the club. They allegedly spin from the studio which is as probably as fake as pamela anderson s tits. The reason that the radio station gets away with charging this obsecne amount of money for nothing is b/c of the FACT that club s keep paying for it. If everyone had some common sense they would realize that this event prob brings about 50 xtra ppl. so paying the amount of money that everyone does keeps the supply and demand factor in play. Why not get extra radio spots at almost 2 club calendars xtra for the amount that is payed for rsl. the reason that i m against rsl is b/c then which i ve heard rumors through friends at ktu that the sat night dance factory price is going to skyrocket. cmon use ur heads rsl is not worth it, it is FAKEEEEEEEEE and ppl will rstarting to realize this.

Originally posted by cosmicgate22

I actually am agreeing with you. Underground #3 was mixed with a computer program and he stuck his name on it!! Underground #3 will be the biggest selling DJ Cd until the end of the week and Peters Cd passes him.

actually, just about all of the DJ mix compilations we here are mixed on programs like Pro Tools and such...........unless the CD specifies it as a "live" mix, they aren't meant to be representations of what a DJ is like in a club..........they are, more or less, meant to showcase a DJs feeling through the tracks they use on the mix.........this is why people shouldn't claim they don't like a certain DJ because they didn't like his Cd............if you want to know how much mixing skills a DJ has you will only get that live........and if DJs didn't use computers to master these compilations, they wouldn't sound so perfect........which is probably why people are claiming JPs cd has some bad mixing...........cause it's live.

and I very much doubt JPs cd will pass DeVito's..........it's doesn't appeal to the masses in such a capacity as DeVito's plus most of the people who want it are a bit more in tune with the scene and will get a burned copy somehow rather than spending the money.........most of the people who probably buy CDs like NYC Underground are those who walk into Sam Goody after hearing Derb on KTU and want that song and don't care about mixing............these people most likely don't know that you can dl the whole cd from AG and make your own..........

:D

Unfortunately, Lou Devito was blessed with cash flow. So basically like any other wealthy person, if you can't get your way BUY YOUR WAY! People only want him cause he owns some radio time, and its just cheaper to book him then pay for radio time.

As for Riddler and Scribbles...I know that Scribble's does some guest spots, and Riddler has got a residency at Club Rio. But as for RSL, I heard they aren't even the ones spinning. They pay someone else to do it. Have no idea if its true but thats what I have heard.

But Devito personally don't like his style, and he tends to overate himself.

Devito is a joke, his mixes are joke, his outfits that he wear are a joke, bottom line the guy is a freaking JOKE! He can take his mix CD's and stick them where the sun don't shine. JP's new CD that are out are sub par at best but it is a shame that noone will really appreciate them. I will give JP credit though because the mixing was done on table and not a computer and that is a fact.

Originally posted by whatevaman

Devito is a joke, his mixes are joke, his outfits that he wear are a joke, bottom line the guy is a freaking JOKE! He can take his mix CD's and stick them where the sun don't shine. JP's new CD that are out are sub par at best but it is a shame that noone will really appreciate them. I will give JP credit though because the mixing was done on table and not a computer and that is a fact.

THATS WHAT SEPERATES THE BOYS FROM THE MEN.....

Originally posted by pimpinforu

THATS WHAT SEPERATES THE BOYS FROM THE MEN.....

Exactly! Although I am not too satisfied with JP's CD 90% of the general public will love it and I respect him more because of the fact that it wasn't mixed on a computer. It's all about connections however, cause I will take any JP live set that own over that compilation any day. But I still support the artist and bought JP's CD anyways.

Originally posted by xcracker

Thread title was misleading.... I was hoping to see Danny DeVito at Joeys...

Lou DeVito sux......... Caught his crap set at Platinum last saturday...

Yeah right. Where the fuck has Danny Devito been. You would figure a guinea from Jersey would hang out at Joey's all the time.

RSL live does suck, but heres the deal. I know I used to higher them all the time. The price varies but it's more expensive than most acts. Neither acts or RSL really bring in big numbers, it's just a way to entertain the crowd and keep them coming back. But it is total bullshit, they're in the studio andthe crowd really gets screwed. But they plug the club all week on the radio and that does generate some numbers.