Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No Yankees****

cablevision sucks balls..i pay $88 already and cannot see yankees games because of rich monlopy fucks can't decide what to do...i'm switching to the dish ..fuck cablevison..anybody have a dish..do you have any problems?

Cablevision is pulling this crap again that they did years ago w/ the Yankees/MSG. They claim they have to raise subscriber rates because of YES which is total BS. Dolan wanted a monopoly on all the NY sports teams and didn't get it. They charge $9.95 a month for MSG and $9.95 for Fox Sports (the are having a promo till the end of the year though, if you sub to either one, you can get the other for free) They moved 50 Met games to MSG to make up some advertising revenue. My advice. Cablevision is good for 2 things. Internet service and if you live on the Woodbury system (Nassau and Western Suffolk) you can get 3 channels in high definition: MSG, Fox Sports NY and HBO (unsupported though, which means they really don't exist) Otherwise go with Directv. The picture quality on cablevision is crap0la. I have many rants about this company and the way they do business.

OH BTW for you people on the Woodbury system & (might include a portion of NJ... dont know for sure though). You are the only ones that PAY for MSG and Fox Sports. They are basic on pretty much all the cable sytems. INCLUDING Cablevision of Brookhaven.

(edit: Fox Sports NY is premium out here too, MSG is basic.)

Directv's $32 a month package INCLUDES YES,MSG & FSNY.

If you want HBO and all the other junk then its gonna cost a little more though. But for now, the only way to get the Yankees is move out of a Cablevision area OR get Directv.

GO DEVIL RAYS!!!!!!!!

Food for thought....the Yankees manage to always take our shittiest players that we dump for free (Jose Canseco a couple years back, Gerald Williams last year), and each of the last two seasons the Yankees were the ONLY AL team we had a winning record against.

I'll be that crackhead rootin for the Rays and getting beaten up by an angry mob of drunken Yanks fans....

Originally posted by lowmazda

I need to know how you became a Devil Rays fan. Please tell me :)

I'm originally from Tampa and just moved up here a little less than 2 years ago. I grew up my whole life absolutely hating the New York teams that try to buy the best teams in their sport just because they're in a big market (i.e. Yankees, Rangers, Knicks pre-combustion, and lately the Mets), and I like rooting for the underdog anyway. Unfortunately, the correlary is that I root for a bunch of teams that SUCK! D-Rays can't win, Lightning can't score goals, the Bucs have been doing alright lately but were the worst team in football all when I was growing up, and bad things just seem to keep happening to the Magic. My college team, USF, couldn't even make the NCAA tournament even though they had 2 all-americans on the team. BLAAAAARGH!