Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~My official Johnathan Peters Review@ Sneaky Petes~

Oh god where do I start...

I got to the club and I was trying to keep an open mind about hearing him spin. Since I rip him apart constantly, I figured I might as well hear the man out before I feel like even more of a hypocrite.

I got through the door and I was surprised, he was laying down so good tribal some good progressive a lil on the hard techy side. I was like wow, Im gonna have to eat my fuckin shorts cause It looked like he was gonna do me in if he was starting off the night with tracks like safe from harm right? WRONG!!

The man built my hopes up, then donkey punched them and sodimized my ears for 4 hours. Jesus Christ how can you guys listen to him at factory for 10+ hours the man is a butcher. First of he trainwrecked every mix and I am not being facietous when I say every mix. Second he played the track going through it, which isn't my fav track but its still ok, For 20 mins 20 fucking mins which is just absolutely ridiculous. I mean 20 mins of rollercoaster build ups into nothing. Rolling snares which vanished into thin air, only to be replicated over and over again. If that weren't bad enough he played a remix of like a prayer which I almost went crazy over, almost. He butchered that too, from not letting the vocal play to lowering the volume so he could hear the tone deaf crowd sing, I felt like I was in a frat party. Im surprised he didn't play Zombie Nation for 20 mins.

The kicker oh my god, The Fucking kicker is he sampled Elements (arguably the best track of all time) and put it over some god awful bassline for 10 to 15 mins I say 10 to 15 because some where around 6 mins I fainted from the horror.

at the end JP played some redeeming half-hour long progressive but it was too little ( or too much) too late.

In short His levels were fucked up ( no midrange at all!!!) his gains were that of a wembly stadium Rave, and his tracks and mixings were mediocre to SHITE. Worst 10 bucks I ever spent.

I will never go to factory EVER to hear this man spin, all you SF people that love him Stay there and may you never frequent the clubs I love (which shall remain nameless because you might just go to spite me.)

all you people who have been hating on SF and peters KEEP ON HATING!! maybe you will save some poor fuck the agony. Friends don't let friends listen to bad music.

One more thing, Stay topside SF people you really have no idea whats down here.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl - you are going to get killed for this thread!!! The SF heads are going to drive up to your school, jump you before class and bring you down to SF this Sat for a JP 10 hour set!!! Then they are going to kill you and dump you in the river!!! hahahaha

All I have to say is - you review cracked my ass up!!! lol

:laugh: :laugh:

P.S.

When are you going to be in the city?

We need to chill? - maybe we can go to SF - lol!!

Originally posted by siceone

I got to the club and I was trying to keep an open mind about hearing him spin. Since I rip him apart constantly, I figured I might as well hear the man out before I feel like even more of a hypocrite.

I got through the door and I was surprised, he was laying down so good tribal some good progressive a lil on the hard techy side. I was like wow, Im gonna have to eat my fuckin shorts cause It looked like he was gonna do me in if he was starting off the night with tracks like safe from harm right? WRONG!!

The man built my hopes up, then donkey punched them and sodimized my ears for 4 hours. Jesus Christ how can you guys listen to him at factory for 10+ hours the man is a butcher. First of he trainwrecked every mix and I am not being facietous when I say every mix. Second he played the track going through it, which isn't my fav track but its still ok, For 20 mins 20 fucking mins which is just absolutely ridiculous. I mean 20 mins of rollercoaster build ups into nothing. Rolling snares which vanished into thin air, only to be replicated over and over again. If that weren't bad enough he played a remix of like a prayer which I almost went crazy over, almost. He butchered that too, from not letting the vocal play to lowering the volume so he could hear the tone deaf crowd sing, I felt like I was in a frat party. Im surprised he didn't play Zombie Nation for 20 mins.

The kicker oh my god, The Fucking kicker is he sampled Elements (arguably the best track of all time) and put it over some god awful bassline for 10 to 15 mins I say 10 to 15 because some where around 6 mins I fainted from the horror.

at the end JP played some redeeming half-hour long progressive but it was too little ( or too much) too late.

In short His levels were fucked up ( no midrange at all!!!) his gains were that of a wembly stadium Rave, and his tracks and mixings were mediocre to SHITE. Worst 10 bucks I ever spent.

I will never go to factory EVER to hear this man spin, all you SF people that love him Stay there and may you never frequent the clubs I love (which shall remain nameless because you might just go to spite me.)

all you people who have been hating on SF and peters KEEP ON HATING!! maybe you will save some poor fuck the agony. Friends don't let friends listen to bad music.

Good review:idea:Now you can go to Roxy tonight and hear some real music:idea::D

Originally posted by girly

Good review:idea:Now you can go to Roxy tonight and hear some real music:idea::D

Even though Vicious and Nero ,whom I both respect and enjoy, play some cheesy shit some times. Both of these guys are amazing technical DJ's JV Can pitchshift with his fucking asshole, and Nero can Beat match with his balls. Even if these two played golden girls remixes all night I know it would be smooth and hard.

Originally posted by xxlea

"god awful bassline for 10 to 15 mins I say 10 to 15 because some where around 6 mins I fainted from the horror. "

that was my fav line too!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cp is down to refresh with threads like these!

Even though Vicious and Nero ,whom I both respect and enjoy, play some cheesy shit some times. Both of these guys are amazing technical DJ's JV Can pitchshift with his fucking asshole, and Nero can Beat match with his balls. Even if these two played golden girls remixes all night I know it would be smooth and hard.

I don't suppose you mean Golden Girls...AKA the Hartnoll Brothers...AKA ORBITAL?!?!

Oh if Vicious and Nero played their remixes all night, I will be there with my fucking FAT PANTS IN TOW!!!

I I will never go to factory EVER to hear this man spin, all you SF people that love him Stay there and may you never frequent the clubs I love (which shall remain nameless because you might just go to spite me.)

By the way there is a way to post an opinion without being so nasty and disgusting.:laugh:

NOOOOOOOOOOO.............

You mean JP isn't the best dj this world has ever seen? What are all those factory heads going to think now that someone disagrees?

This is by far the funniest review I have ever read, for inside reasons as well as external. I see girly already got pissed off, what about all the sf heads here????

Friends don't let friends listen to bad music.

Outstanding, m'man. You have made me Proud.

Possibly the most raw and viciously upfront review i've ever read.

;) and that last line... verrrrrry true.

Originally posted by clubininstyle

UMMMM..IM GONNA HAVE TO GO WITH UMMMM.....THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST FUCKIN POST IVE READ IN A LONG ASS TIME.....

YOU SHOULD BECOME NY TIMES JOURNALIST AND WE'LL JUST SEND YOU TO CLUB AFTER CLUB....MAYBE EVEN PUT YOU ON STAR AND BUCKWIL IN THE MORNING.....

If you're offering a job... SURE !!!:tongue:

first of all, when mixed right GTI is the sickest song ever. at least thats my opinion, and i'm not saying i'm the authority on hard house, but i'm sure there are others like me out there.

second, you have to admit the luz songs he produces are pretty sick. as well as some of his remixes.

maybe the man had an off night, give him a break, he's much more experimental then other djs.

just my 2 cents.