Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who are you named after?

i was named after the wife of a wounded French soldier who offered to sleep with my grandfather (who served as a surgeon in the field during WWII in France) in exchange for him treating her husband with penicillin. she and her husband had no money and pencillin was hard to come by and she was so desperate to save her husband's life that she made the decision to proposition my grandpa. he turned the offer down but gave the man the antibiotics; he lived, and the couple corresponded with my grandparents after that. a few months before i was born, my mother went to France to visit the wife (the husband had since passed away) and she ended up being a lovely, generous woman with a very kind heart. my mother was so touched by the meeting that she ended up naming me after her: Catherine.

~~~my mom's favorite actress was named julia, so she was gonna name me julia, but while pregnant she noticed a lot of little girls being named julia, so she named me after a character that her fave actress palyed*~~~HELEN~~~*

Originally posted by chula22

I was named after Erica Kane(Susan Lucci) from All My children.

And sad to say I did also inherit one of her main traits.....:D

my godmother chose my name.....it in a way resembles hers, and we don't have anything in common...my name derives from a name of an ancient roman emperor...(and i can't tell you more than that)

:phone:

I am George III'd, so there's a lot more of us running around :D

George has been the name of royalty, St. George who slayed a dragon, and my ancestor's who fought in the civil war as "The Fighting McCooks" (of the north, of course ;) .)

. . . Well, Michael is my father's middle name so one would suppose that's why they named me that . . . The true reason they named me Michael however, is because I'm just sooo Godlike, and since they saw that the minute I was born, that's my name . . . :tongue: . . .

Originally posted by rachel1997

I have 2 names - the first one is "Eve" in english and then Rachel.

Eve is Adam's wife in the Bible and Rachel is Jacob's wife in the Bible too.

All my sisters and brother have Bibical names :)

And yet you live in a den of sin. Oh the irony :D

Um..I have a weird story..i was named after my dads ex gfs daughter..her name was Irina..and my dad liked it, so he gave my mom the idea..and she didn't know the story behind it, until they actually named me...sucks ha? lol oh well...so here i am..Irina..