Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What gym are you a member of?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just joined NYSC for 79$ for the first month...

87$ a month after that... no membership fee...

all NYSC's...

i checked all the gyms i could find near batt park...

NYSC - best deal for the money... plus... i saw adrianna from the sopranos there... *bonus*

crunch - same

ballys - blah

dolphin - blah blah

equinox - best gym for alot of money...

:D :D

Originally posted by magilicuti

working out at home is about 20% of the work out you can get in a gym. you basically can do shitty chest and bicep work outs at home. maybe some shoulders but that's it.

you just skipped tris which make up most of your arm, calves, quads, and back. i've never seen anyone seriously work out at home.

bro on the real i must say just this...

i have met Heretic many times in person....and fuckin he is seriously one huge motherfucker LOL....so if 20% if the work at home is what u could get in a gym...i think Heretic is doing a FINE JOB.....shit...he is prolly one of the biggest motherfuckers on this board...not a juicehead or nuttin just naturally a big fuckin dude u dont wanna piss off and suffer the wrath of in general not twards you.

Speakin of the gym...i should start hittin one already i mean i lift mad heavy shift everyday at the distribution warehouse i work at so i dont think bout the gym..but damn Trancend and his scrawny ass goes to the shit?? Fuck whats next joeg joining a gym before me?? WTF lol

Originally posted by magilicuti

3 x 5 = 15 sets. if you take a minute break in between sets you shouldn't have a problem finishing up before an hour is up. I agree spending 2 hours on one body part is way too much. I usually do a workout of 45 minutes no problem.

This is bad advice for anyone viewing this site you should be doing 6-8 sets for a large muscle and 3-4 sets for smaller muscles. I don't know where you get your information from 15 sets per muscle is way to much for NA bodybuilder.

P.S To keep on topic, I go to world gym. Its the only gym by my house with DB that go up to 160lbs.

lee haney said "stimulate, not annilhate"

art jones & mike mentzer & ellington darden all said "you can train hard or you can train long" you cant do both....dorian yates followed a modified heavy duty system of training. Clearly, the trend of marathon workouts & overtraining programs are a thing of the past. short, intense workouts are much more productive & research says so.

personally, i bench 135 for 12 reps NATURALLY, much more than most of you people;)

i train at diamonds fitness

Originally posted by quoth

bro on the real i must say just this...

i have met Heretic many times in person....and fuckin he is seriously one huge motherfucker LOL....so if 20% if the work at home is what u could get in a gym...i think Heretic is doing a FINE JOB.....shit...he is prolly one of the biggest motherfuckers on this board...not a juicehead or nuttin just naturally a big fuckin dude u dont wanna piss off and suffer the wrath of in general not twards you.

Ehhhhhh

He's just a big,40 oz drinking teddy bear. I think I can take him:D

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Ehhhhhh

He's just a big,40 oz drinking teddy bear. I think I can take him:D

:laugh:

Dude, you missed a sick party this last Saturday. I was spinnin gabber for a few hundred people at this event up in Harlem til 6 in the morning. They even had these sick fucks suspending their bodies thru hooks in their skin above the dancefloor. Hardcore + blood & chains = good times

Originally posted by heretic909

:laugh:

Dude, you missed a sick party this last Saturday. I was spinnin gabber for a few hundred people at this event up in Harlem til 6 in the morning. They even had these sick fucks suspending their bodies thru hooks in their skin above the dancefloor. Hardcore + blood & chains = good times

Was that the party for the tattoo convention?

My friend said he went to a party up in Harlem with some crazy music that **cough cough..gave him a headache**and had some freaky shit going on.

Ohh yeah...I dont work out. I just shoot juice in my ass 4 times a day and take out heavy garbage cans 2 times a week.IM RIPPED

Was that the party for the tattoo convention?

My friend said he went to a party up in Harlem with some crazy music that **cough cough..gave him a headache**and had some freaky shit going on.

Nah, that one was last week, but it was held at the same space as this one on Saturday. But yeah, at the tattoo convention party I was also spinning gabber while people were being suspended above the dancefloor. If he didn't like the shit last week, then he definitely wouldn't have liked this party cause I was playin a lot of faster shit for this one.

Originally posted by heretic909

Nah, that one was last week, but it was held at the same space as this one on Saturday. But yeah, at the tattoo convention party I was also spinning gabber while people were being suspended above the dancefloor. If he didn't like the shit last week, then he definitely wouldn't have liked this party cause I was playin a lot of faster shit for this one.

Yeah this kid is funny..(preppy type) We call him Bugle Boy:D He said he was really freaked out.

Anyhoo.. where is this place in Harlem at?

PS..

Lets hijack this this Lou Ferigno crap and turn it into a 200bpm workout.

Originally posted by linabina

work out world...

which work out world do u go to?? i used to go to the one in east brunswick , then the new one (i forget wat town it was in...by rutgers, then in brick) but when i moved up to my new school they didnt have one so i lost out all this money!! ugh. now i just go to a gym by my house for the summer

:bounce:

Originally posted by clubindiva

which work out world do u go to?? i used to go to the one in east brunswick , then the new one (i forget wat town it was in...by rutgers, then in brick) but when i moved up to my new school they didnt have one so i lost out all this money!! ugh. now i just go to a gym by my house for the summer

:bounce:

i go to the one in freehold... on rt 9- it used to be an old $2 movie theatre but they changed it... its nice...

Yeah this kid is funny..(preppy type) We call him Bugle Boy:D He said he was really freaked out.

Anyhoo.. where is this place in Harlem at?

PS..

Lets hijack this this Lou Ferigno crap and turn it into a 200bpm workout.

Yeah, there were a lot of people freaked out which is fine by me. This one Japanese kid with metal implants in his forehead also got suspended for that tattoo convention party. So while he's hanging above the dancefloor by hooks in his back, he starts "air-dancing" to my gabber beatz, and I saw so many jaws hit the floor. hehe

The place is on the second floor of this building on 3rd btwn 121 and 122nd Sts. It's a fairly decent size, can hold over 500 peeps, and the parties usually last til 7 or 8am. But the one I just played on Saturday is the last one for their season. The space gets too hot during the summer, so the next one isn't gonna be til next October. Gotta find something else to do with my Saturdays til then, I guess.

Did some scouting right now, now debating which gym join, so give me some opinions:

ITs end of month so everything is bone ass cheap so sales can make #'s:

NYSC: 79 initiation 81/month, monthly contract. The one in soho is really nice and i heard wall st. one is amazing.

Crunch: Definitely got the cool factor going: NO initiation, 89/month on a monthyl membership. The one on broadway/w4th is tight and 1 block away, but distance doesn't matter. Its got boxing, really tempting.

They both have same types of weights altho nysc has newer equipment and those little computer screen on the machines!

What do y'all think, i have till friday to pick one. HEEELP

Anyone wanna refer me to get a free month or whatever you get?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Peace