Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bliss party wed. July 3rd feat: parks & Wilson,Slacker.

jcbliss

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so much beautiful music has come around this past month. from the stylins of chris fortier and steve porter. to the tribal and seductive funk of steve lawler. this month has been filled with stress relief funk teqhniches. i look forward to wed evening. as level is going to be an experience for me. been waiting to see the line-up for such a long time. i am just afraid that slacker is going to lead my heart and sould and ears to his jukebox in the sky.

Originally posted by mrmovement33

so much beautiful music has come around this past month. from the stylins of chris fortier and steve porter. to the tribal and seductive funk of steve lawler. this month has been filled with stress relief funk teqhniches. i look forward to wed evening. as level is going to be an experience for me. been waiting to see the line-up for such a long time. i am just afraid that slacker is going to lead my heart and sould and ears to his jukebox in the sky.

Well said my poetic friend...

Indeed Chris and Steve truly are masters of their art. Ahhhh, Lawlers pounding, earth shattering rythms and sexy, ghetto vocals fill my heart with wanton and desire, but Slacker's sound moves me and grooves me with sweet steady baselines and cacophonic, techy kicks. Slackers music may finally take my being, my essence, my mortality to a higher state of consciousness where mind, body and music are one. Perhaps a DJ booth in the heavens that can wisk me away for all eternity.

Long live Shakespeare

Originally posted by purpleindigo

So - Are we gonna have it Groovejet style, or what???

LONG LIVE GROOVE JET!

The fallen temple of the Jedi will live once again. It's essance will carry through creating a vibe that will be par none.

very impressed by the poetic lyrical stylings.. Slacker will bring you to that juke box in the sky.. thats for sure. rumour has it that quivver also plans too unleash his brand new remake of his alltime classic - twist & shout - can't wait to hear that one. aparently he's re-sung the vocal and everything. You know this event is actually going to mean a lot too me. Gerry Kelly brought us in too do this event and the way he has treated us has been tops. Second to none actually. Working with Gerry again in kind of dejavu. Gerry is the one that first made the very first bliss event happen at shadow lounge when the place first opened. He brought myself and a good friend of mine named Dave Seaman and let us put on one of the first propper dj nights on the beach. He also gave us the chance to bring in some lesser known talent at the time such as slacker, parks & wilson, and the rest is history... Working with rhyan again from purpleindigo is also a treat. Himself along with sarah from cooljunkie both worked for bliss during the groovejet days and without them - we wouldn't be the company we are today.. guess all I am trying to say is thankyou!! next wednesday we will definitely relive the groovejet and shadow lounge days. I just hope all of you will stop by to reminise with me... thanks again and cya on the 3rd..

sincerely,

Jon Cowan;) ;):drunk:

jon, i am ready for my first appearance @ level. please have the bliss signs hanging from the rafters as that always inspires me to dance my arse off. what time shall we arrive. i know the place is gonna be packed. bought a new outfit just for the event. i know the cuties are gonna be outta hand. as level is known for some fine honeys. dude, this is the story of house muzik. this is the story that began @ groovejet, and has put our scene on the map. funny thing is..this is only the beggining. so many tracks coming from everywhere. 2 more days till bliss washes all the worries away.

thanks so much for the kind words. they are all really appreciated.. I reccomend everyone arriving b4 midnight...thats when the lists are cool til anyways.... as for the signs - bliss will be in full force and stronger than ever... so looking forward to tomorrow... cyou all then!

Jon

So I'm a little late on this, but there should be permits for extended club hours because I've been told that Crobar is open until 7am at least one day (and I think more) this holiday weekend. I think it's a few days because I remember hearing about a few unhappy bar tenders.

:blown:

Originally posted by purpleindigo

Ok - here is a little competition - $10 for the first person to name the guy / girl who has the Groovejet logo tattooed on their back.......

Whatever, you only show that damn thing to, um, i don't know......EVERYONE!

Joey, shouldn't you be at work? Or are you logging hours as we speak...you owe me!!! And be nice or I'll tell everyone where to find the one existing photo of you in a head dress that is STILL online! Just kidding. I'll never tell!!! I like Ryan's tatoo!

:gas: