Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny vs Danny review....GREAT and bad...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well for the time that i was there, the music was great and loved seeing all of you peeps but,

the SUn (during the day) plus the :pint: (before) plus the heat in that place ----------> :puke: one sick pup

i think it was a combination of dehydration and heat exhaustian, but i got sick. drank some water and couldnt hold that down cuz 10 minutes later got sick again :puke: and then dry heaving. fun -- :aright: i wanted to stay so badly but i was afraid that i would be carried out in a stretcher ... :laugh: so i just got the hell out of there. i looked like a crackhead -- minus the drugs lol! Never Ever have i felt like that in a club before!!!! :(

Awww babies. . .It def was the heat and he lack of hydration. . .

I totally felt that way one day after the beach. . sweating up a storm, dizzy, crappy. . .blah. . .man, I hope u feel better now though, thats the worst feeling in the world. . .:(

Haha. . .Jay, I think you were like, sleeping on the floor :laugh:

my first time at vinyl in a long time and i had a blast....music was sick tribal progressions all night, the vinyl crowd is all about love, and DH/DT dropped bombs all night long........

my only complaint....whats up with DT dropping every one of his usual tracks? Elements......Touch Me...........Dream On.........why not play some other shit?

the ARC looks great...system is bangin and lights are ridic.....but the place still just doesnt do it for me like SF does.........just my opinion......

BG

AWESOME!!! Danny T played a ridiculous set. I missed most of Howell because I didn't get there until 5:30. I had to pay $50. Well worth it for the music I heard this morning. What time did the place close down? I was going to try to close it out for once, but I could't hang and left at 9:15. As for the heat. There were spots on the dancefloor that had the ac vents pounding on you and that's where I danced to stay cool. Still have not met any cp people at the club. Maybe next time.

Suzy Q....you sick biatch you....I didn't know you weren't feeling well...When I didn't see you I thought you just had had enough....

so yeah, I missed the fucking behind the speakers too....my question is...Why wasn't it me?!?!?!!?! :tongue:

Anywho....last night really was an experience....Of course we all knew it was going to be packed...so I sort of planned on being drenched and clostrophobic (sp)....Howells def was the opener for DT...he took a while to get going, but I'd say btwn 2 and 3 he started to get it together...

DT was awesome...nursing his baby like he should! The last words I heard out of DT was something along the lines of..."what was Vinyl, and is now ARC...is gonna be one of the best fucking clubs in NYC..." I totally wish I could have closed instead of leaving around 9. . . but I wasn't able to sleep in random places, like on top of speakers, or in the chill room ((ahem! Tasty, Hitokiri))!!!!

...and yes...the fruit....pretty nice...Kitty and Marty tossing those yummy grapes in my mouth....;) ..cause I'd have been damned if I was getting up at that point....

PS...Regina Love...tanks a bundle for the pregame!!!! You sure are the hostess with the mostess!!!!

thanks peeps, after drowning myeslf in a cold shower when i got home and drinking about 8 gallons of water.. i felt much better.. but goddam i had to get up and pee a million times hehehe. at least i didnt have to wait in the fuckin lien for the ladies room (can we talk about that for a second -- lol ! the end was about to the first speaker!!!!)

and yes i didnt mean to be rude and not say bye :( just i didnt want to :vomit2: on ya! :D

Just woke up. Too bad I kinda crashed out around 6:30, otherwise Danny's set sound like it was pretty decent. Frankly, Howells disappointed me. It was alright, but nothing any better than I would expect to hear from any other DJ playing there. The main reason I had never seen him before is because that's what he basically sounded like on his CDs (i.e. slow boring progressive) and I'm just not into that kind of stuff. Anyway, it was nice seeing everyone out there, and I'll be back to Arc next time Sven Vath is there (or when Mauro is there if the rumors are true...)

Originally posted by sith2076

Did anybody see that 6'2" pale white guy with the booty-hugging old-school shorts and the hairy-ass back that was jumping up and down like a mental patient?

That alone was worth $30

omg he had those glow necklace things around his neck with some like combat boots!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was dying!!!! :laugh:

Originally posted by ibclubbin

[bombs all night long........

my only complaint....whats up with DT dropping every one of his usual tracks? Elements......Touch Me...........Dream On.........why not play some other shit?

BG

whats up with Jp playing love at first sight, res-they say vision and in your eyes every week? why not plaY some other shit?:tongue:

Originally posted by clubkat

omg he had those glow necklace things around his neck with some like combat boots!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was dying!!!! :laugh:

yo dun sleep on him im tellin u hes an animal he closed it out with the rest of us dunno how the hell he did it

sith2076

i saw that guy also..it was funny but he was kinda bugging me out because he was hitting into me when he was jumping up and down under the big disco ball holding up his glow sticks with DT and DH...and screaming dannnnnnnny.

anyone see the wizard guy walking around...i dont know how he/she wasnt dieing of heat in that thing!

overall (aside from the heat) i would have to say that last night was amazing!

:)

Originally posted by sith2076

Did anybody see that 6'2" pale white guy with the booty-hugging old-school shorts and the hairy-ass back that was jumping up and down like a mental patient?

That alone was worth $30

hes been going to Danny for years, and Junior as well......

he acts crazy, but from what i hear is actualy a normal guy. this is just his thing....

years ago, people wouldnt even give him a double take, but nowadays since everyone looks liek they came out of the same cookie cutter molding, he is a spectacle....

individuality is encouraged in my book

. . . What a night . . .

. . From the amazing Techno tastiness at Centro Fly with Toughguy, Xpander, Drone and others . . to Vinyl with so many more . .

. . . I really am speachless about last night . . I mean, Toughguy and I got to Vinyl around 5 o'clock after after helping out a friend and being fed stories that the cover had gone up to 70 . . . Seventy FUCKING dollars? . . . Anyways, I had dropped around 3, so by the time we got up to the ticket counter, needless to say I was feeling pretty good . .

Fifty dollars and 30 seconds later that got smashed into pieces almost immediately . . . The scene that I walked into left me nothing but speechless . . I had NEVER seen so many people in that space, I didn't even think it was physically possible to shoe horn that many kids into one club . . I was prepared for the crowds, or at least I thought I was . . .but seeing that on Rolls (yes, drug induced I know, but look at it through my POV) and knowing that you had one of the greatest nights of your life in that same space just 2 months before .. . It just got to me . . . I waded through the crowd . . people were everywhere, and, due to my mental state I just couldn't handle it very well at first . . all I could do is just stare in an astonished/shocked/sad way at what Vinyl had become . .

. . Time went on and I met up with peeps from all over . . . Great meeting all that I did for the first time last night, great seeing all that I hadn't in a while . . . and finally, FINALLY around 6:30 (I think) . . it started to sparce out . . The temperature fell noticibly around the club (thank god!) and all the dancing little souls could finally get down . . .

. . . The music from DT and DH never disappointed me . . . I got to the club right as DH was playing that conversion house/break track that he always plays before he shifts back into house from Breaks (primal chanting . . what a beautiful song) . . . In a way I was saddened, because I really wanted to hear that song . . so I could have someone trainspot it . . but I came to the realization that I would have been miserable if I had been there when he threw the breaks . .. I need to get down, and wall to wall people isn't conducive to that . . . I resigned to myself that I wasn't going to get my monthly treat of breaks on the big system and just rolled (no pun intended. . well, maybe a little . . ;) . ) along with it . . . DT came on shortly after and just threw down . .

. . The man''s a class act, no if ands or buts about it . . . He really knows how to work a room, energy galore . . . The beats were thick, almost as if you could reach out and squeeze the essence from them . .. I thoughorougly enjoyed it . . .

. . Then end of the night was "IT" though . . and Snoozi put it perfectly on the sidewalk that if you didn't stay to the end, you missed "IT" . . . Now, that's not meant to be taken in an elitist way . . it REALLY is true . . . That last set that he threw down of songs for the end of the night gave me a memory I will never forget . . . The people who were there with me . . . I love you all . . :) . .

. . . I can't get Aquarius and the vision of all of us getting down out of my head . . and quite frankly, I got emotional about it when I got home. . ;) . .

. . . What an amazing night . . . good and bad . . .

. . sleep tight kiddies . . .

-Phunk

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . What a night . . .

. . From the amazing Techno tastiness at Centro Fly with Toughguy, Xpander, Drone and others . . to Vinyl with so many more . .

. . . I really am speachless about last night . . I mean, Toughguy and I got to Vinyl around 5 o'clock after after helping out a friend and being fed stories that the cover had gone up to 70 . . . Seventy FUCKING dollars? . . . Anyways, I had dropped around 3, so by the time we got up to the ticket counter, needless to say I was feeling pretty good . .

Fifty dollars and 30 seconds later that got smashed into pieces almost immediately . . . The scene that I walked into left me nothing but speechless . . I had NEVER seen so many people in that space, I didn't even think it was physically possible to shoe horn that many kids into one club . . I was prepared for the crowds, or at least I thought I was . . .but seeing that on Rolls (yes, drug induced I know, but look at it through my POV) and knowing that you had one of the greatest nights of your life in that same space just 2 months before .. . It just got to me . . . I waded through the crowd . . people were everywhere, and, due to my mental state I just couldn't handle it very well at first . . all I could do is just stare in an astonished/shocked/sad way at what Vinyl had become . .

. . Time went on and I met up with peeps from all over . . . Great meeting all that I did for the first time last night, great seeing all that I hadn't in a while . . . and finally, FINALLY around 6:30 (I think) . . it started to sparce out . . The temperature fell noticibly around the club (thank god!) and all the dancing little souls could finally get down . . .

. . . The music from DT and DH never disappointed me . . . I got to the club right as DH was playing that conversion house/break track that he always plays before he shifts back into house from Breaks (primal chanting . . what a beautiful song) . . . In a way I was saddened, because I really wanted to hear that song . . so I could have someone trainspot it . . but I came to the realization that I would have been miserable if I had been there when he threw the breaks . .. I need to get down, and wall to wall people isn't conducive to that . . . I resigned to myself that I wasn't going to get my monthly treat of breaks on the big system and just rolled (no pun intended. . well, maybe a little . . ;) . ) along with it . . . DT came on shortly after and just threw down . .

. . The man''s a class act, no if ands or buts about it . . . He really knows how to work a room, energy galore . . . The beats were thick, almost as if you could reach out and squeeze the essence from them . .. I thoughorougly enjoyed it . . .

. . Then end of the night was "IT" though . . and Snoozi put it perfectly on the sidewalk that if you didn't stay to the end, you missed "IT" . . . Now, that's not meant to be taken in an elitist way . . it REALLY is true . . . That last set that he threw down of songs for the end of the night gave me a memory I will never forget . . . The people who were there with me . . . I love you all . . :) . .

. . . I can't get Aquarius and the vision of all of us getting down out of my head . . and quite frankly, I got emotional about it when I got home. . ;) . .

-Phunk

So emotional you are, ;) I wish I was there to share the experience but I was floating on a cloud elsewhere.

Well me and Deb finally got to the club around 230. We met Alan,Mike,Art,and Steve who informed us of the 50 dollar cover which was supposed to be increased to 70. The bouncers seemed like they were trying to persuade people to get off of the line, so we just left.

Heard it was a sick night, glad you all had fun. :)

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . What a night . . .

-Phunk

AFAWKINMEN BRA:hat: LET THE SUN SHINE IN ....

First time I've ever been sober in a club (usually drunk off my ass or rolling or a combo, this time only a coupla drinks & some adderall) - and I have to say it was one of the best nights I've ever had. The music got me as high as I wanted to be.

It was packed and hot as hell, but I fully expected that (honestly, who didn't?) so it didn't really bother me. The vibe was great, so many friendly people, so much energy. There were a few rude assholes, but its impossible not to have a few with that many people - overall the atmosphere was great.

It really opened up between 6 & 7 so I could really get down and dance my ass off. Then DT dropped a track with some seriously mind-fucking bass... sounded sick on the phazon, the rafters were vibrating so fuckin bad I thought something was about to fall from the ceiling lol... awesome.

Can't say I've ever had grapes in a club before, but they sure did taste good ;)

Atomicapples get yer own goddamn water bottle!! lol :)

I wanted to close it out soooo bad, but by 9:15 I was drained from all the heat & bouncing around to some sick music all night... my legs just died. I guess 4 or 5 red bulls didn't cut it, next time I'll try stackers or something... also I had to leave something in me for the hour and a half drive back to PA.

Great time partyin with you all, nice meeting a bunch of new faces.

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

First time I've ever been sober in a club (usually drunk off my ass or rolling or a combo, this time only a coupla drinks & some adderall) - and I have to say it was one of the best nights I've ever had. The music got me as high as I wanted to be.

It was packed and hot as hell, but I fully expected that (honestly, who didn't?) so it didn't really bother me. The vibe was great, so many friendly people, so much energy. There were a few rude assholes, but its impossible not to have a few with that many people - overall the atmosphere was great.

It really opened up between 6 & 7 so I could really get down and dance my ass off. Then DT dropped a track with some seriously mind-fucking bass... sounded sick on the phazon, the rafters were vibrating so fuckin bad I thought something was about to fall from the ceiling lol... awesome.

Can't say I've ever had grapes in a club before, but they sure did taste good ;)

Atomicapples get yer own goddamn water bottle!! lol :)

I wanted to close it out soooo bad, but by 9:15 I was drained from all the heat & bouncing around to some sick music all night... my legs just died. I guess 4 or 5 red bulls didn't cut it, next time I'll try stackers or something... also I had to leave something in me for the hour and a half drive back to PA.

Great time partyin with you all, nice meeting a bunch of new faces.

the grapes were damn good ... did stackers 3 redbulls an still was nocked the fawk out tho i did catch was it dt or dh play prodigy that was sic as shit marty knows what im talkin boutattachment.php?s=&postid=897824

was in the club by 12:30..paid $30...sound system sounds nice and real clear..lights are real cool..club kinda reminds me of alittle version of space miami..it was a amazing night..i though danny howells was good not great..only heard DT for alittle while..too crowded and hot..went to the factory(not to crowded nice) and heard Jonathan Peters play a three hour tech set that was mind blowing and they went home..i still think if you want to hear sick music harder than ARC hit shelter on thursday nights..i went last thursday night place was dead but the music was f-n crazy..best i have heard in a while..maybe that is why last night the music did not blow me away..but it was still real good..plus they have a bar..sucks you can't drink..