Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny vs Danny review....GREAT and bad...

So it is now 7:30, I just came home from a night at ARC aka VINYL.....I got there around 12:15...to a decent line, nothin much $30 to get in because I got there early.....danny H already had the crowd going in there and I was so happy to see that.....an hour or 2 rolls by and BAM...I cant move in there...the place was sooo hot and disgusting, no room to dance whatsoever.....people were pissed about the money and line to get in.....there were mangled DRUGGED UP messes all over the place....it was really a sad sight......so many people were really fucked up on drugs that I had to leave early because I could not sand to look at them or have them bump into me anymore than they have........ANYWAYZ....The music saved my night of course....danny howells dropped one of the most amazing sets I have ever heard in my life....it was absolutely flawless....WHERE DOES THE MAN FIND THESE RECORDS???? Funky, Techy, Tribaly, Feel good music all night long.....he was going nuts and so was the crowd....that made my night alone.....THere was just WAY TOO MANY people in there.....there is no way that ARC should have held an immense event like that....it was just beyond their capacity....Danny Tenaglia of course was good..(what I heard of his set, left early)...Im there every friday so I said fuck it and left.......There were too many newbies there...people who should not have been there....and they put a damper on my night.......

so overall....CROWD SUCKED......so bad.....

TOO MANY DRUGS....ITS GETTING BAD...TOO HOT.....

MUSIC WAS SPECTACULAR, AND MY WHOLE HAPPY FEELN CAME FROM THE MUSIC, NOT THE DRUGS.........

-dave h:D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got there mad early so I would only have to pay $30 and sat through Danny Howells and I wasn't impressed, I've heard him better before. Took forever for DT to come on and opened with "Touch Me". I knew it was goin to be a great set, but just didn't have any more dancing legs and was burnt out from the crazy heat and packed crowds earlier. Wish they didn't keep jacking up the admission, or else I would have skipped most of Howells and had energy for Mama.

i had to pay the 50 dollars and was NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!! howells was ok, dt was good for the short time i caught him, but there were too many people in there and it was hot and disgusting. if only the fire marshalls had been there. and i agree too many people were whacked out of their brains. it was just gross. i had never seen so many strung out in a club ever. whatever happened to partying sober and letting the music be your drug????????? it's sad that people need to get so fucked up they are drooling all over the place to have a good time. :rolleyes::blown:

all the more reason i didnt go... didnt wanna sit in there being a sardine... not my idea of fun...

i mean yea it all sounded fun and great but you all kinda had to expect it to be like that didnt ya.... i mozied on up to brazil last night and i must say... johnny gets two fucking thumbs up...

and too have to pay that much to see them.. i really am starting to get sick of how dj's are only about the money... what happened to the dj's that were purely about the music... it seems they are non-existant

Hey ya'll...just walked in. I also had to pay $50...after everyone trooped out of my apt (you guys have fun?! :D) a few of us stayed behind and drank...but it was worth it...I would have paid that to hear JUST DT's set...I enjoyed Howells too but he seemed be more of an opener for DT. Fantastic. Thanks to all those that stopped by w/ LOTS of liquor and all those that played w/ me at arc...ron & shannon--you guys rock--feel better shannon. bog--I meant every word--we are, as you'd say, groovin :laugh2:

AND...just in case Dino reads this here...YES, you did speaker dance. :D

just got home...dt was right..DANNY HOWELLS IS A GOD...he dropped an amazing set...fuckin wore me out in 6 hrs..when DT came on i was drained..i didnt stop movin for 6 hrs...im surprised i did it...i didnt have a red bull or anything..just H20

the crowd...ehh...shit happens yall...everyone wants to c 2 great DJ's back to back..some of the crowd was rude..but some people were especially nice...it was packed but some still remembered to b corteous...Only thing is...MADDDDDDDDD DRUGSSSSSSS!!...there was fuckin K everywhere..like circles of motherfuckers looking like their bowing and then coming up and holdin their nose....but i guess thats the way some ppl loosen up

the price...SO?? i would have paid 100$ for tonite..it was fuckin great...all i kept sayin was "AHH THIS IS SO HOT..AHHHH THIS IS SOOOO HOT!!.."...ppl around me were tellin me it was one of their best clubbing nights ever...

i went to the chill room once..and thats right before i went home...

One of the rather interesting moments of the previous night was when a fellow partygoer approached me. he seemed angry, distressed, disappointed. he claims that I sold him invalid capsules of MDMA at vinyl a month prior. this would all be well except for the following glaring omissions hereto presented:

1. i don't deal

2. this week and the week before were my first time at the venue in say, well over a year.

3. i dont fucking deal

Nothing I could say or do, would convince this fellow that he had naturally mistaken me for somebody else. Actually not quite sure about the do part.....didn't quite get to smack him in the side of the head. fucking crackhead.

AMAZING!!!!! I LOVED IT..IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS EVER...The music was sooooooo good, i couldnt stop dancing...and just like i said "I'm Moving In!!!!!!!"

Yes it was packed, and yes it was hot..but the music DEF. made up for it..I dont care what anyone says...DH is THE MAN!!!! He ripped it NICEEE..I loved it!!!

There were a lot of drugs in there..but hey, they're everywhere... so just deal with it and have a good time..I know I was :)

P.S. It was great seeing everyone:party:

ok besides the overwhelimg heat what happened to

DH vs DT....if i would have known they were each gonna play sets i would have stayed home...the "vs" means head to head not to seperate sets....that got me a little angry.....

if i want to hear DT ill go on a fri...if i want to hear howells ill go at the end of the month...i went last night to hear DH vs DT and unless it happened after 7am,,,that was false promotion on arc's part

TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO DIDNT BELONG THERE THAT HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!! This girl was yelling at DT to stop talking and play the music...FUCK THAT.........RESPECT....this is danny tenaglia, this is what he does...those who know KNOW:direct:

OMFG!!! Just got home from closing out arc last night (this afternoon). I am too tired to describe how incredible last night was. For those of you who left early, you missed a sick set.

To everyone who closed out the club with me, you are wonderful.

:spin:

haha that was you? :) well, I think we outdid the guys ;) wow I can't put sentences together, nor will my legs function for quite some time..... I had no idea where all my energy was coming from... venting pain and feeling love I guess... Phonk, thanks for the talk... FUCK IT! ;) oh, and don't worry, I'll gert Shane to come around hehe AL! it was cool riding in with you...damn traffic! :)

oh yeah, after leaving you men to your car, I waiting in Penn then took a train in which the whole car of which I sat in was leaking water from the ceiling (airconditioning problems).... all the girls on their way back to their house in Morris COunty looked shocked as I was the only one who sat, unphased by the dripping....

To the crew who stayed until the end PLUR my troopers... gosh this was the most speechless closing ever..... Michael Jackson, hip hop, "Hair" and oh gosh I can't remember what else we danced thru....I do however have the phrase "I like pussy too" stuck in my head with images of a barbie doll dancing around..... it's definitely ARC, but the family is still Vinyl :)

I'll post a full review later with names and appropriate thanks yous need to pass out if my brain can slow down

Originally posted by msoprano13

if i would have known they were each gonna play sets i would have stayed home...the "vs" means head to head not to seperate sets....that got me a little angry.....

Yeah, that was definitely not what I expected...

the music was awesome...but if all i can do is stand still and bob my head i dont see the point...after standing for 5 hours i couldnt take it anymore (if i was moving i could have lasted longer)

everytime i sat down someplace i was told to stand up by the security ("we dont want a fire hazard"-so dont cram 3000 people into a space that fits only 1500!!! :rolleyes: )

Quotes of the night by Danny Tenaglia:

1) "It's hot as Kenya in here!" (then he dropped siiiiiiick bass in his intro)

2) "Hey I like pussy too...only the last time was 22 years ago."

3) (in reference to why he covers up the mirror lookin down on the turntables) "(first mentions his various surprise props).....and since I spin mostly cds, 2 of the 3 turntables are covered and there are cds everywhere and I dont want u seeing this mess."

ok thats about it for now.

all i gotta say is last night was some sic shit maaaan..................howells had me goin bananas wasted all my energy on him he tore a new hole in me then teneglia stepped in man...that openin bass christ!!!i was goin insane bout round 8goin on nine reality kicked in an man...was i cracked out (tired) to all those who were there to help me get through that part much love:D question: how the hell do u fall asleep on the sub woofer?:confused: finally when i came round at 10 i cause my second wind yo he played some sic shit an whats up with him producin that track last night -insane serg u sould have stayed what did it for me with dt was when he put on your pussy stinks with the puppet dancin an he did keep it in the closet lol damn it was worth it thanx jon for keepin me there to all those that stayed YA LL MUFAKAS R INSANE FAWKIN ANIMALS YO.....................

btw... for all of u that bitch whine n complain that its crowded stop the bullshit... u knew it was gonna be packed even before goin there so y r u complainin if it was such a bother then u should not have gone simple as that an u knew it was gonna be hot anyway u knew how it was from deep dish u knew how it was fom pvd would u expect anything different from this?hmm....

:blown: *BANG*

--THIS IS THE END OF JAYS ENTRY FOR HE HAS NOW PUT HIMSELF OUT OF HIS MISERY----

Originally posted by msoprano13

ok besides the overwhelimg heat what happened to

DH vs DT....if i would have known they were each gonna play sets i would have stayed home...the "vs" means head to head not to seperate sets....that got me a little angry.....

if i want to hear DT ill go on a fri...if i want to hear howells ill go at the end of the month...i went last night to hear DH vs DT and unless it happened after 7am,,,that was false promotion on arc's part

I heard that Howells was gonna spin then they were to do a lil tag-teaming around 6ish before Tenaglia went on.. guess this didn't happen??

I dunno.. I got dragged outta there cause my friends can't hang.. sux.. whatever.. :rolleyes:

Howells was just starting to build his set up when I was leaving too.. ugh.. maybe I should have just come by myself.. oh wells..

The music was good....It was packed....It was hot......Jon is the man......The music was good.....I felt like I went through a 10 hour Howells set after he was done at first.......I was tired.....Tenaglia is amazing.....Too many people fucked up.....People fucking behind the speakers......The fruit at 8 was a godsend......Thats all I think.....:)

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

People fucking behind the speakers......The fruit at 8 was a godsend......Thats all I think.....:)

who were they and where was i?!?! :hump:

Fruit def. was lol. . .

<~one greedy kitty taking all the grapes, feeding u lazy bums like romans. . .:laugh: