Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Exit!

Originally posted by xwave3000

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by barosoap

i don't mean to offend you. i understand you're trying to get opinions about the clubs and djs, but please do a little research before posting. even if you're not a big fan of electronic music, i find it hard to believe you don't know anything by oakenfold. it helps to know the music... even if all it means is plugging oakie's name into a search engine...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you need to chill out.

dude, i am chill. all i said was that she could do a little homework. with so much information out there on the internet and from other clubbers, it's not hard to learn about the music. the more info she has, the sooner she can decide for herself what music she likes and which djs are worth seeing.

no harm being an educated partier ;)

I suggest going to Roxy this Friday. Draper's good and all. I personally like him, but I get sick of hearing him week after week. But no doubt I love the tracks he drops. As for Paul Oakenfold, I'll listen to him if I only wanna go to sleep. His music is kinda boring. I suggest hittin up Roxy thsi Friday for Johnny Vicious. He's my favorite DJ, he's a 100 times better then Draper, oakenfold... you name it. The crowd is a lot better at roxy. This Friday at Exit will be jammed packed that you literally won't be able to move. Plus the admission is cheaper at Roxy. Exit this friday is like 45-50..... Roxy is 15-20. Also it's a much better time. Have fun wherever you and your girls are going.:D

Originally posted by ashley0779

OUCH!! i must be mistaken... so where is the place to be this week? i was looking forward to something good on the 3rd and then this friday too. what do you say?:eek::confused:

for god's sake, if you like exit, go there, don't just look for approval from CP. obviously you aren't a big fan of dance music, and that's fine. Do what you enjoy, not what others deem cool.

Originally posted by xpander

Actually, I think he's quite bad nowadays. I saw him a few times in the city, and by the last show (Hammerstein with Darren Emerson), I was standing there wondering what the hell the crowd was cheering about.

I recognize what he did for the scene. I RESPECT him for what he did for the scene (still carries Tranceport in bag). But you get to realize that he's now a businessman more than ANYTHING else. And the material that he's pounded out over the last few years is fifteen different shades of crap.

His history doesn't justify the weak material that he's putting out now. His history doesn't justify his fees that he charges for a bland set that lasts all of two hours. He's not the worst DJ in the world, I'll admit. But that leaves him at mediocre at best, and completely not deserving of the attention that he gets.

fair enough, im not an enourmous fan of his new stuff either.. his work on the swordfish soundtrack i thoght was good for chilling, but certainly not a club. from what i hear bunkka is crap but i havent yet heard enough of it to have an opinion...

his older stuff is just so damn good though im psched to see him friday (im yet to ever see him live).

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

fair enough, im not an enourmous fan of his new stuff either.. his work on the swordfish soundtrack i thoght was good for chilling, but certainly not a club. from what i hear bunkka is crap but i havent yet heard enough of it to have an opinion...

his older stuff is just so damn good though im psched to see him friday (im yet to ever see him live).

Yeah, Bunkka is like, Crystal Method xtra-lite...What I've heard is all pretty bad...

But have fun... ;)

welcome first off

second i understand an am glad that u wanna learn more bout the scene thats great advice if u wanna hear some good beats the only time i ll recomend exit is for the 3 it will be sic nero is good he ll wear u out promise an afterward u can go listen to that other cp dj whats his name... dj pillowstephens for "afterhours" an while ur at it u can meet some of us cp ppl we aren t really that bad in person...honest:D btw had u posted last wk i would have told u to skip exit on fri an go to (advertisment) ARRRC on sat but u didn t so u missed it :( oh well there ll be another time for that hopefully

Originally posted by hitokiri24

welcome first off

second i understand an am glad that u wanna learn more bout the scene thats great advice if u wanna hear some good beats the only time i ll recomend exit is for the 3 it will be sic nero is good he ll wear u out promise an afterward u can go listen to that other cp dj whats his name... dj pillowstephens for "afterhours" an while ur at it u can meet some of us cp ppl we aren t really that bad in person...honest:D btw had u posted last wk i would have told u to skip exit on fri an go to (advertisment) ARRRC on sat but u didn t so u missed it :( oh well there ll be another time for that hopefully

Whoever said punctuation is a virtue is mad stupid

;)

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

"Detroit - it's like Ibiza. Only with more chance of getting shot"

haha,

bsb2002, i gotta say, i love the sig

thank you, it's from an article Muzik magazine did last year on clubbing destinations around the world.

having been to my fair share of shady detroit clubs (no frisking at all, but the bouncers make Mr. T look like a middleweight) i thought it was about right.