Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Enough is Enough!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . Listen listen, I think all of you have kinda misconstrued what Dee here was saying . . .

. . . Her point was not to put one club above the other, but to point out the lack of communication between the two main players in the DC area : Buzz and Glow . . .

. . As an outsider looking in . . and as someone who watched an entire scene get destroyed by politicians and hysterical suburban parents, I can vouch for how important it is to have good communication even between competitors in this little subculture we call nightlife . . .

. . It's quite simple: DC has almost NO hardline presence against it's clubs . . . That allows for the greatest possible freedom in throwing parties, cause you don't have to worry about getting raided every five minutes . .

. . Now, lets suppose that DC elected a new mayor that decided that he or she was going to go down to the Southeast section and clean things up . . . What would be the FIRST and MOST VISIBLE thing that a politically zealous anti-crime mayor would tackle? . . Poverty?? . . Nah, that's too complex . . . The School System? . . Nah, that's a handfull too . .

. . . . HEEEEYYYY . . . I know!! . . :idea: . We can get on the anti-E bandwagon like everyone else and shut down all the nightclubs. . . Cause, lord knows that all those kids eating pills each weekend can't be good. . .and SO WHAT if we've never gotten a violent incident reported in these establishments . . . YOUR CHILDREN ARE DOING DRUGS AND WE MUST PROTECT THEM FROM THE SCOURGE THAT IS NIGHTLIFE!!! . . . AND DESTROYING THESE CRACK DENS IS THE FIRST STEP IN REMEDYING DC'S CRIME PROBLEMS. . .

. . . Translation: INSTANT ENDGAME, NO MORE DC SCENE . . . That one politically charged mayor would crash all the spots that you all hold dear . . . And then where ya gonna go? . . . Whatcha gonna do? . . . You'll have to sit around your apartments listening to a 2 year old GU CD while flipping the light switch to have fun . . .

. . . In short, DC needs to wake the fuck up, or you're gonna end up just like Orlando, FL . . . DEAD on a Friday night . . .

-Phonk

Damn! What is going on here? Nothing but a lot of hating, apparently!

A moderator has come on here to try to limit the rivalry club bashing (because people- moderating IS their job!), and everyone wants to get sidetracked off the topic & bash the moderator? Keep it up people- where I live, that gets you booted off the message boards, no matter who you are (even Max Graham got booted off a board once!). By the looks of some of your total post counts, it would be a damn shame if you got booted off, since it looks like some of you live on this board.

I, on the other hand, see the point our moderator is trying to make. There is only so much bitching about Glow or Buzz one can take, and after a while, it gets old. I agree that it is sorta pointless, since they are not in competition with each other, & the talent they get is different. I used to be guilty of Glow bashing in the past, but it's a waste of time to keep rehashing the same subject matter over & over. Why can't the scene unify? or at least be civil? This thread has nothing to do about freedom of speech, moderating joy & happiness, or moderator's hidden agendas, like some of you have chosen to make it.

This has become an argument for the sake of arguing, and there is nothing much more ridiculous than that.

ok yo, i think this might get outta hand here.

yes, we are all entitled to opinions and to express them as this is a public message board and i think that since both chynado11 and eggmok (nor other CP moderators that i know of) became moderators both of them have never attempted, in any way to control what we have to say about anything

however since most of us that post on this board are employed, we should also see why this thread went up in the first place. anyone of us will probably never think about bashing one of our clients right in front of their noses without any consequences. we would either have to face the consequences of such action either by getting reprimanded or fired by our employer.

the fact that both glow and buzz post on the cp board obviously means that they are involved with cp in a business relationship. as such, while individualy we can post our opinions about either club, i also believe, that a moderator's duty, in this case, is to let their clients know that the opinions that are being expressed are not the OFFICIAL CP opinions, and thats what chynado11 is doing here. if eggmok wouldve put this thread, would it have made a difference?

while e-mail and in this case the message board does have its advantadges of keeping easily in touch with everyone, it also has a disadvantadge that what you write down, might not get interpreted the same way by the person receiving the message than the original way intended by the person sending it.

so y'all know i have nothing but :love: for everyone here (except shady...and zag), so lets just all go out and get some pop-tarts and be happy....we deal with enough stress in our everyday life already.

:):)

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . In short, DC needs to wake the fuck up, or you're gonna end up just like Orlando, FL . . . DEAD on a Friday night . . .

-Phonk

oh man, dont remind me of that :(

there used to be some great parties in Orlando back in the day :(

Okay, just a few observations:

1) Someone brought up Dream - I think there are two reasons why Dream was not mentioned in this post. First off, CP has established business relations with buzz and glow, but not with dream as of the moment. therefore, it has no obligation to that venue. Second, the owners/management/promotional staff/regular customers at Dream do not involve themselves in regular bashing or badmouthing of the other aforementioned venues, so why even spend time on it?

2) In the vein of the business agreement between buzz and CP, and glow and CP, I think what Chynadoll's trying to do here is keep things in order as far as relations go. It is important to show both these partners that there is a vested interest in both of their sponsorships and so she was merely establishing her support of both. I don't think she meant you cannot post your opinions, but I think she is just trying to keep things positive between all parties, both posters and partners.

3) Right on, Phunk!

Originally posted by sauvee88

I'm not trying to bash the moderator.... I'm simply making a point. If y'all think I crossed the line then, ooops, guess I didn't write as well as I though.

I was simply stating that it's a discussion about clubs, hell if you check people bashed Buzz for having Deiselboy in the main room and then made an about face when they heard there was no mc, cause they don't like the mc.

Washington does have a good scene - I wouldn't want to trade it. Glow is a good club - never had many problems there. Lines and such are my main complaint - but you get that everywhere so deal right? However my point was simply not to go against the two largest clubs in DC...... I visit other clubs here in DC and I'm supporting friends that are trying to get events started elsewhere.

So if you want kick me off, but you're kicking me off for the wrong reason and you need to reread the posts. I don't live on this board, my friends are on this board - I have met many people on this board and because of this board - some of these people tend to over complain about one place or another.... If I've done it in the past then I'm sorry - but I can't recall myself ever having bashed one place for as long as the people cdoll is refering to. I voice my opinion then I'm done with it. Take it or leave it.

One last point. I'm sorry for a couple choice words I may have used, but sometimes passion flows within a post and I tried hard to keep it from doing just that - guess I failed huh?

^ Is anyone else as lost as I am with this post?

Originally posted by sauvee88

I'm not trying to bash the moderator.... I'm simply making a point. If y'all think I crossed the line then, ooops, guess I didn't write as well as I though.

I was simply stating that it's a discussion about clubs, hell if you check people bashed Buzz for having Deiselboy in the main room and then made an about face when they heard there was no mc, cause they don't like the mc.

Washington does have a good scene - I wouldn't want to trade it. Glow is a good club - never had many problems there. Lines and such are my main complaint - but you get that everywhere so deal right? However my point was simply not to go against the two largest clubs in DC...... I visit other clubs here in DC and I'm supporting friends that are trying to get events started elsewhere.

So if you want kick me off, but you're kicking me off for the wrong reason and you need to reread the posts. I don't live on this board, my friends are on this board - I have met many people on this board and because of this board - some of these people tend to over complain about one place or another.... If I've done it in the past then I'm sorry - but I can't recall myself ever having bashed one place for as long as the people cdoll is refering to. I voice my opinion then I'm done with it. Take it or leave it.

One last point. I'm sorry for a couple choice words I may have used, but sometimes passion flows within a post and I tried hard to keep it from doing just that - guess I failed huh?

look i was never trying to argue, im glad to see that vicman, phuturephunk, tatgirl and vixen understood my point, i never took Malanee personally I think it was made personal from her,

and then I was surprised to see your reaction, No one else was taking this to heart but you and Malanee, for whatever reasons that are unimportant to me

I dont have any issues with you but you seem to have some with me and I dont even know you

anyhow im not gonna kick you off or anything because thats not my style , i didnt even post that someone else did.

I want to make sure that CP stays neutral to certain things since we deal with both GLOW and Buzz, I think that I let people say whatever and I even partake in it sometime, I didnt think this post would get this out of hand so quickly, and it didnt even get a bad response from dictator Shadygroove himself, the mayor haha ;)

Lets everyone go about and go to whatever club we like and if you have a problem then you are still free to post, i NEVER said you couldnt just keep it to a minimum because im sure everyone knows everyones standpoint on where they want to go to by now..but whatever to each his own

Thanks

CD

c'mon sauvee, those who know you, we all know your an A-class type of guy, we know where your coming from and as you can tell alot of us on this board have the same opinions on glow as you do..damn i havent been to that place in over 3 months.

so lets all just move along and just take this as a mere misunderstandng, which i think it was.

:):)

I totally didn't take this thread to mean Dee was trying to tell me what I could and couldn't say. She made a point about stopping the bickering between Glow and Buzz. I think everyone's jumping to conclusions just cause she happens to be a moderator and she made this thread a sticky. But no where did she say anything about policies or banning anyone. I think there's a misunderstanding here.

However, I will say as a counterpoint to Dee's original post, that my experiences at Glow have left such a bad taste in my mouth, that I do feel strongly against that establishment. And just as word of mouth advertising can work for a business, it can and should work against as well. Maybe my criticism isn't constructive, maybe it's not good for the scene in general, but that's my prerogative. I'm not out to destroy the scene or destroy Glow. I'm out to be vocal about my reasons for hating Glow. Sure, the "music sucks" thing may be a bit much. I know some poor fools (j/k) actually like that crap. But hey, people bitch about D&B all the time so why single out Trance? Hell, people bitched about it to Talk2buzz, who I'm assuming is John Tab or someone who works closely with him. And he made a good point of addressing it. That's why I love the Buzz crew. They take criticism, no matter how unconstructive (like Vic asking "who gives a rats ass about Dieselboy" or people claiming that Buzz was ass raping them by charging $50 for Sasha last winter), and actually try to make things better. They could've easily said "Fuck off". But they didn't. So much respects.

On the other hand, why do I dislike Glow so much? Just look at the response. "Some people on this site are too cool for Trance because that is what Urb and Mixer Mag tell them. "

So I've got bad things to say about them. It's my right as someone who paid on quite a few occasions and had a shitty time. Something's got to give. And generally, in business, the people paying the money don't give. I know that sucks for the business owners (I've been there myself), but hey, that's life. So I'll bitch. And I may not necessarily do it constructively, but if they take the attitude of "Fuck you, we don't need your money", then I'll say, well, "Fuck you, I'll tell all my friends how much you all suck, and I'll do it in the most insulting manner I know how". They have every right to tell me to fuck off. But I also have every right to tell everyone how much they suck if they do.

Just one question? How did I make it personal? I expressed my opinion and asked why this was a sticky. I have no problem with Chynado11 expressing her opinions on this board. It just seems wierd that our two moderators, who never post and who I never see out, think their opinions are so important they deserve a sticky! Vic called Egmok on his. So why was what I did so different?

And Chynado11 - if you want to make this personal - I can. But I really don't think you want to go there.

Ok, i know i'm relatively new on this board, but i just thought i'd add that I'm sure the people who run Buzz, Glow, and other local weeklies have the brains to know that the opinions of individuals posting on message boards do not necessarily reflect the "official" stance of CP, whatever that is, regardless of CP's business relations with these events. and I'm sure the people who run Glow couldn't give a flying fuck that i hate it- i'm not exactly their desired clientel. But if someone new to the area posts asking about local clubs and events, people are going to give their honest opinions, and everyone should realize they *are* just opinions. Obviously, since we all post to a message board about EDM and clubbing, it's something we care about to some extent, and these opinions are sometimes going to be expressed a bit passionately- but that's what message boards are about, no?

As far as "bickering" between the two clubs, or between the 2 clubs' clientel, goes, I don't really think that that is dividing the "scene"; they're 2 very different places that cater to different groups of people. That said, there is also quite a bit of overlap in the people who go to them (people like a change of pace sometimes) . Lastly, I realize how big and influential these events are in DC, but they are far from making up the entirety of the scene.

more long-winded than i intended...

meg

Originally posted by dragongrrrl

Ok, i know i'm relatively new on this board, but i just thought i'd add that I'm sure the people who run Buzz, Glow, and other local weeklies have the brains to know that the opinions of individuals posting on message boards do not necessarily reflect the "official" stance of CP, whatever that is, regardless of CP's business relations with these events. and I'm sure the people who run Glow couldn't give a flying fuck that i hate it- i'm not exactly their desired clientel. But if someone new to the area posts asking about local clubs and events, people are going to give their honest opinions, and everyone should realize they *are* just opinions. Obviously, since we all post to a message board about EDM and clubbing, it's something we care about to some extent, and these opinions are sometimes going to be expressed a bit passionately- but that's what message boards are about, no?

As far as "bickering" between the two clubs, or between the 2 clubs' clientel, goes, I don't really think that that is dividing the "scene"; they're 2 very different places that cater to different groups of people. That said, there is also quite a bit of overlap in the people who go to them (people like a change of pace sometimes) . Lastly, I realize how big and influential these events are in DC, but they are far from making up the entirety of the scene.

more long-winded than i intended...

meg

That's exactly what I was trying to say! We really have to meet soon. It sounds like we think the same way about a lot of issues!;)

Originally posted by malanee

That's exactly what I was trying to say! We really have to meet soon. It sounds like we think the same way about a lot of issues!;)

We have met- ruth, right? I'm Gina's friend- tall with dark, curly hair. typically bouncing around, wearing ridiculous clothes...

:D meg