Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's on your CD player?

laliux

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Bloodlock and Wavy Gravy are my favs, but that whole album is great IMO. I wasn't too crazy about Mixer's review of "airdrawndagger" they said Sasha's album has no tone. :confused: I guess they mean literally, whatever. They also gave your album a review I didn't agree with either :mad:

Yeah......I don't think Airdrawndagger got that many fair reviews........I mean, there's no way in hell it could have been what everyone was expecting. Some people take the Sasha = God thing a bit too seriously. I think the key to appreciating the album the most is simply to take it at face value. Some of these reviewers (and some of the fans) I think expect an album made by the hand of God itself or something.

1 & 6. Joeski & Onionz Nu-York Nite:Life....has not spent much time out of the changer since its was release...its that good. CD of the year for me. Quality deep tribal house.

2. David Alexander Primal Innuendo 2-good driving cd..really proud of it.

3. Fabric Howie B..The Fabric series is alway good for something unique and entertaining

4. Bob Marley Songs of Freedom Disc3- trying my best to hold on to summer.

5. Carte Blanche 3...nicely mixed downtempo vibe

Greyboy - Land of the Lost

Mark Farina - Mushroom Jazz 3

Good call on the Mushroom Jazz. What's Greyboy, I've not heard of it.

On my last trip to the record store a few days ago, I picked up:

Bis - "Return To Central" some Scottish electro-pop I was interested in hearing

Le Tigre - "Feminist Sweepstakes" Kathleen Hanna just kicks ass.......

Sleater-Kinney - "One Beat" yeah, I'm on the grrrl rock tip a bit lately. But this is just a great rock album. I haven't heard anything rock quite this hard in a long time. It's got a ton of energy, and the lyrics are intelligent and have some bite to them.

Interpol - "Turn On The Bright Lights" I can't tout this album enough. Great indie rock album with some atmosphere to it, in a Joy Division vein.......and it costs only $9.99

Originally posted by patrickl

Good call on the Mushroom Jazz. What's Greyboy, I've not heard of it.

On my last trip to the record store a few days ago, I picked up:

Bis - "Return To Central" some Scottish electro-pop I was interested in hearing

Le Tigre - "Feminist Sweepstakes" Kathleen Hanna just kicks ass.......

Sleater-Kinney - "One Beat" yeah, I'm on the grrrl rock tip a bit lately. But this is just a great rock album. I haven't heard anything rock quite this hard in a long time. It's got a ton of energy, and the lyrics are intelligent and have some bite to them.

Interpol - "Turn On The Bright Lights" I can't tout this album enough. Great indie rock album with some atmosphere to it, in a Joy Division vein.......and it costs only $9.99

Land of the lost is an album. It could be considered downtempo but on a really heavy jazz tip. If your into jazz and hip hop beats with no vocals I think you'll like this album. You can sample it at amazon.com

I'm gonna check out some of the people you mentioned. I would listen to more rock music but I don't know what's good anymore.

Originally posted by digital7

I gotta agree with you Frank, I got LTJ's "Logical Progression" on my changer now, good stuff ... I also have Pink Floyd's "Animals" and The Police "Greatest Hits" along with Darren Emerson & Tim Deluxe's Underwater .....

dude, you should burn a copy of Colonel Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade's live Frogs CD #2 which is them playing all of "Animals" Live and perfect...I could hook youup with it...i don't know how you feel about Les Claypool, but they fucking jam...the only thing is that Les' voice is too funny sometimes....

i have a 10 gig mp3 player in the car and here's what's making the rotation this past few weeks

bill brewster- praxis 2 cd set

matt licata- grounded vol 1

hellpass- base forms 2 cd set

sasha- live @ bedrock aug 2002 2 cd set

lee burridge vs. sander kleinenberg (WOW!)

jonathan lisle- live @ gatecrasher summer sound system 2002 90 mins

sasha and digweed- live @ zen orlando, aug 31, 1996 90 mins ( i just dug this out of the personal tape collection archives and ripped to mp3)

Originally posted by james954

i have a 10 gig mp3 player in the car and here's what's making the rotation this past few weeks

bill brewster- praxis 2 cd set

matt licata- grounded vol 1

hellpass- base forms 2 cd set

sasha- live @ bedrock aug 2002 2 cd set

lee burridge vs. sander kleinenberg (WOW!)

jonathan lisle- live @ gatecrasher summer sound system 2002 90 mins

sasha and digweed- live @ zen orlando, aug 31, 1996 90 mins ( i just dug this out of the personal tape collection archives and ripped to mp3)

this is kind of funny.. is matt's new mix called grounded vol 1, groudfloor part 1, or groundwork vol 1???

Originally posted by diegonyc

jigsaw pieces was released a couple of years ago... don't remember the specifics. all of his shit is dope so grab it all.

Jigsaw Pieces is Timewriter's second album. It was released on Plastic City (Germany) in 1998, then licensed to Twised America a couple of years later. I think it's his best album.

His first album (also on Plastic City) is entitled Letters from the Jester. really great album.

He's also released 2 ambient/downtempo under the name JFC (his initials...his real name is Jean F. Cochois).

JFC - The Timerewinder (Mole Listening Pearls/1998) *recorded in 1994

JFC - Chrome de Lux (Electrolux/2000)

He's got a ton of remixes out there, all of which rock!

Now go shopping for Timewriter!

Stryke :)

had the opportunity to hear timewriter and terry lee brown jr. back to back last summer for the matter form boat party. still one of my favorite boat parties ever... even saw tenaglia on the dancefloor shakin' it.

also saw them last march in miami during the conference at some poolside party... it's too bad they only come to our shores a couple of times a year.

Land of the lost is an album. It could be considered downtempo but on a really heavy jazz tip. If your into jazz and hip hop beats with no vocals I think you'll like this album. You can sample it at amazon.com

I'm gonna check out some of the people you mentioned. I would listen to more rock music but I don't know what's good anymore.

Out of those I'd probably go for Interpol - it's nice and cheap so you don't feel like you wasted a ton of money if you bought it and didn't like it.

Off the topic, this is what record companies should do if they want to move more units and blunt the effect of downloading and burning.......lower the prices of the damned CDs! CD prices are way too expensive........no single CD should cost over $10.......doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. People will buy if the record companies make it more attractive to buy........