Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pissed off

luvle02

About 2 years ago Mossimo was in Macy's and you'd spend about $100. for one of there bathing suits, now they're exclusive to Target. This makes me so angry. It's like wearing a Target bill board. What would you say " oh I got mine before they were $9.99

Originally posted by luvle02

About 2 years ago Mossimo was in Macy's and you'd spend about $100. for one of there bathing suits, now they're exclusive to Target. This makes me so angry. It's like wearing a Target bill board. What would you say " oh I got mine before they were $9.99

man...so fucking true.

Like in 7th, 8th grade i usta rock mossimo on a daily basis...i had like every fuckin shirt and hat and even jackets and flannels..i prolly spent close to a thousand dollars in the long run on all those clothes...yet...i walk into target to maybe get some yummy granola bars (cause those fuckers are on sale man) and BAM!! i see this shit like all "CHEAP" now...and im like wow..i spent $19.99 for a hat like in 7th, 8th grade and now they like basically given em away. :laugh:

Furthermore...kmart has done the same shit recently with joe boxer which has pissed me the fuck off since thats more or less all i really wear and now they are under contract with kmart and i just feel with cheaper price its cheaper quality..just my $1.97

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by reddog4063

stick to wearing only Jil Sander and you'll never have to worry about seeing your clothes at target or kmart...

You can find their label at Bergdorf Goodman.

Joe

A little unrealistic don't you think, for a girl to stick to one label..................

Originally posted by luvle02

its part of the company's brand marketing and licensing.. its happend with lots of brands that start off "upstairs" such as dept stores (macy's, filenes, etc) and after the intial appeal wear off, they broaden the license to the mass market. mass market usually weill be more sales for the brand (think kmart, target and walmart all have 1000 stores plus) compared to macy's that has like 500-600 stores.

another prime example -- you remeber BUM Equipment from back in the day? :laugh: it ended up in Bradlees (i used to work inthe buying dept there before they closed)

Its really the License that gets prostituted .. another good example is Calvin Klein. they sold their license to Warnerco and now the two are having huge issues over product placement. CK is not happy at all that CK jeans and underwear are being sold at plces such as Sam's and Costco!

another thing its alos how license can survive but a company can fold. Starter.. they company close 3year ago i believe.. but STarter merchandise is still produced and sold bc several companies bought the license. THey know that ppl recognize the name and will buy it based on that