Clubplanet Nightlife Community

florida guest dj dates

james954

i compile this for my messageboard, figured i'd share over here as well. feel free to add update any changes.

sept 19 hybrid (dj set) and austin leeds @ lola miami

sept 20 bill patrick @ red star ybor (tampa)

sept 20 electric skychurch @ twilight tampa

sept 21 murk (oscar g and ralph falcon) @ space miami

sept 21 three, dave preston, nat eichler and arron lesage @ vibe gainsville

sept 21 dave christopher (RITM) and brian busto @ the lounge @ malios tampa

sept 21 nick warren @ icon orlando

sept 26 darko from sleepfreaks and austin leeds @ lola miami

sept 27 harry 'choo choo' romero @ crobar miami

sept 27 taucher @ space miami

sept 27 kazell @ heaven orlando

sept 28 saeed and palash @ space miami

sept 28 nathan drew larson and brian busto @ the lounge @ malios tampa

sept 28 joe c, dave preston, shek-e tmas and buddah @ vibe gainsville

oct 3 james zabiela @ vibe gainsville

oct 3 trendroid @ lola miami

oct 4 james zabiela @ crobar miami

oct 4 evlouton (live) and bill hamel @ space miami

oct 4 desyn masiello @ spin miami

oct 4 pete moss @ red star ybor (tampa)

oct 5 danny howells and desyn masiello @ space miami

oct 5 evolution (live), bill hamel and medway @ icon orlando

oct 5 ali ajami, jeremy bassetti and courtney k @ vibe gainsville

oct 11 ashley casselle and matt hardwick @ space or spin(?)

oct 11 astroglyde @ heaven orlando

oct 11 ming and FS @ the saint ft laud

oct 12 timo maas @ crobar miami

oct 12 tom stephan @ space miami

oct 13 parks and wilson @ firestone orlando

oct 17 parks and wilson gainsville (tbc!)

oct 16 sasha and chris fortier @ icon orlando

oct 16 hybrid (dj set) @ respectables west palm beach

oct 18 dave seaman and jon cowan @ crobar miami

oct 18 parks and wilson @ space miami

oct 18 david waterman and joshua wilkins @ red star ybor

oct 19 trick or treat w/ medway @ mount dora

oct 19 tiesto @ space miami

oct 19 talla @ level miami

oct 25 lee burridge and jimmy van m @ crobar miami

oct 25 desyn masiello @ spin miami

oct 26 desyn masiello @ space miami

oct 26 miguel migs and jay j 5pm-12am @ nikki beach miami

oct 26 lee burridge and jimmy van m @ icon orlando

oct 31 danny howells @ spin miami

nov 1 kenny hawkes @ red star ybor (tampa)

nov 2 sander kleinenberg @ icon orlando

nov 2 leon roberts @ vibe gainsville

nov 9 nu breed live PA @ vibe gainsville

nov 15 demi of deeper substance @ lola miami

nov 16 demi of deeper substance @ vibe gainsville

nov 29 mauro picotto @ space miami

whew.

From what I understand Casselle is at Spin the 11th. I'll confirm and find out more details soon. :)

PS: You all really need to come out and show some support. He destroys these smaller venues. Back room at Bedrock anybody with Danny Howells for the 3rd Birthday? :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

Originally posted by rcrespo

From what I understand Casselle is at Spin the 11th. I'll confirm and find out more details soon. :)

PS: You all really need to come out and show some support. He destroys these smaller venues. Back room at Bedrock anybody with Danny Howells for the 3rd Birthday? :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

if he is gonna destroy the place, I don't wanna be there so I won't be held responsible of that. :laugh: :laugh:

That's a lot of info there! :aright:

Guest saleen351

I'll be skipping all of them except

and Picotto

Though P&W have not yet emailed me back from a week ago, to confirm this, but hopefully its true.. Shall be a sick night, Parks warms it up, then Wilson drops the hammer!!!!!!!!!

Besides that, south florida once again is forgetting the tri-state area crowd, which makes up a pretty big part of the clubbers down here...:(

Originally posted by james954

sept 27 harry 'choo choo' romero @ crobar miami

sept 28 saeed and palash @ space miami

oct 3 trendroid @ lola miami

oct 25 lee burridge and jimmy van m @ crobar miami

oct 26 miguel migs and jay j 5pm-12am @ nikki beach miami

oct 31 danny howells @ spin miami

nov 29 mauro picotto @ space miami

my tentative schedule....Good Lawd!!!! busy couple of months!!!:drunk:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by phrankadelic

how are they forgetting the tri-state area crowd?

ummmm, where are the tri-state area djs???? Granted all of these djs on his list are good, but good isn't what i'm looking for. It will be hard to understand but by getting a good well known tri state area dj to play, you will have a slew of people that just came out to see them, since they know they'll be with their own on the dance floor.. Its a simple idea, its really not that much about the music they spin, however they tend to be on top of the game more then the south florida djs, but its an atmosphere they create... I guess my only way of explaining it is this: a lot of yous are cuban and latin (ps what the hell is the difference between cuban and latin? I have no idea, always confused on that one) and you moved to NJ or NY, you would certainly go out and find a cuban returante to fill your need for a slice of home. Thats my point, with a decent well known dj from the northeast and promoted right, you will (and i'm speculating here) bring in a crowd that needs a slice of home.. On the side I've been asking cpers if they would support such and such a dj if they played here, and all of them said yes...

To be honest, I rather stay in on saturday nights now and wake up and watch football, not spend a fortune and go hear the same crap, I miss the jersey clubs, and it has nothing to do with music and the sound system or any of that bull shit, its all about the crowd.. I miss my guido scene, but hey I moved here so I have to put up with it:(

ok, i somewhat understand where you're coming from. but that's just your opinion. i myself won't be going to more than half of these parties. and that's just because my tastes differ from those who usually go to those clubs. just b/c u and some of your friends don't like howells, doesn't mean that these clubs aren't going to be maxed when he comes down. which in turn means that just b/c someone DOES book a "tri-state are dj", doesn't mean that there's going to be a HUGE turnout either. reason being is that they might not be well known down here. so the turnout of the "regulars" won't be so big.

the season begins here in october. and most of the djs mentioned above are on tour already. which is why they are booked down here. because there already is worldwide support for them. so it makes more sense to book dj's who are blowing up the scene around the states and the world, rather than take a risk and booking someone who makes u happy b/c there from the northeast.

i might be talking out of my ass...but hey. my 2 cents worth.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

the season begins here in october. and most of the djs mentioned above are on tour already. which is why they are booked down here. because there already is worldwide support for them. so it makes more sense to book dj's who are blowing up the scene around the states and the world, rather than take a risk and booking someone who makes u happy b/c there from the northeast.

i might be talking out of my ass...but hey. my 2 cents worth.

i hear where saleen is coming from...totally understand his point, i on the other hand i like this list and maybe i wont be able to make alot of these dates to see them...but i cant complain...i wouldnt mind seeing some dj's from jersey, to see what saleen has always been talking about...but i do agree with frank, might not be such a "big" money turn out....maybe a jersey dj opening for one of these big acts would work best...

ps

frank if u think ur talking out ur ass, i hope u dont "spit" when u talk...;) (j/k)

Originally posted by saleen351

ummmm, where are the tri-state area djs???? Granted all of these djs on his list are good, but good isn't what i'm looking for. It will be hard to understand but by getting a good well known tri state area dj to play, you will have a slew of people that just came out to see them, since they know they'll be with their own on the dance floor.. Its a simple idea, its really not that much about the music they spin, however they tend to be on top of the game more then the south florida djs, but its an atmosphere they create... I guess my only way of explaining it is this: a lot of yous are cuban and latin (ps what the hell is the difference between cuban and latin? I have no idea, always confused on that one) and you moved to NJ or NY, you would certainly go out and find a cuban returante to fill your need for a slice of home. Thats my point, with a decent well known dj from the northeast and promoted right, you will (and i'm speculating here) bring in a crowd that needs a slice of home.. On the side I've been asking cpers if they would support such and such a dj if they played here, and all of them said yes...

To be honest, I rather stay in on saturday nights now and wake up and watch football, not spend a fortune and go hear the same crap, I miss the jersey clubs, and it has nothing to do with music and the sound system or any of that bull shit, its all about the crowd.. I miss my guido scene, but hey I moved here so I have to put up with it:(

Nice response. It's a good point. If the circumstances were switched I would feel the same way. I LOVE some of our local talent down here and would put them infront of ANYONE on that list. I used to be the opposite, but I've learned that bigger isn't always better.

Originally posted by james954

oct 11 ashley casselle and matt hardwick @ space or spin(?)

oct 11 ming and FS @ the saint ft laud

So far these are my possibilites. Hopefully I can add a few more to the list.....

I have to miss Parks & Wilson and Picotto.........that really sucks.

Lola:D

Thats my point, with a decent well known dj from the northeast and promoted right, you will (and i'm speculating here) bring in a crowd that needs a slice of home.. On the side I've been asking cpers if they would support such and such a dj if they played here, and all of them said yes...

just out of curiosity what dj’s from the tri-state areas would you recommend ? peters, vicious , etc have played here, and although promoted well ; did nothing in terms of real numbers.

Guest saleen351

I would certainly, not ask for the tri state area djs to play the main room or be the headliner that night, but as a opening dj. With that being said though, as a opening dj they should be allowed to play what ever they want, or play the vip rooms or patio or where ever. Fact is these guys played clubs twice the size of Space or level or crobar, but since they are semi un known down here booking them in the main rooms is not good, club wise and business wise...

Also with the right promoting and atmosphere it would be great. Also a 3000 dollar dj is chump change to these clubs...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

just out curiosity what dj’s from the tri-state areas would you recommend ? peters, vicious , etc have played here, and although promoted well ; did nothing in terms of real numbers.

I won't post which djs, (see me in person and I'll explain it to you) but its not about money or turnout. I'm not one of those clubbers that say we need to expland our scene and open our minds to new djs and types of music, all I'm saying is even if the club was unsuccessful there still may be success, certainly they will apease the people who showed up. Basically sometimes clubs and business loose money but gain something which has no monetary value. Thats the point. Miami is not NJ. NO one moves to NJ but miami is a melting pot, which means some small yet powerful group of consumers are being left out of the mix. And those who fill those niche markets may or may not do very well.

I won't post which djs, (see me in person and I'll explain it to you) but its not about money or turnout. I'm not one of those clubbers that say we need to expland our scene and open our minds to new djs and types of music, all I'm saying is even if the club was unsuccessful there still may be success, certainly they will apease the people who showed up. Basically sometimes clubs and business loose money but gain something which has no monetary value. Thats the point. Miami is not NJ. NO one moves to NJ but miami is a melting pot, which means some small yet powerful group of consumers are being left out of the mix. And those who fill those niche markets may or may not do very well.

Saleen the aurora of mystery. we will talk yo !:D I see your point bro.however sometimes appeasing the people that showed up, is not enough. club owners have to consider the bottomline, because it's always lurking in the background.. the key is to use the better known dj's as the anchors, and combine that with up and coming; or lesser known talent. this way you are developing dj's. desyn masiello, tom stephan, saeed & palash, etc are examples that this system can work. you already have clubs like lola and spin bringing in lesser known, and up and coming dj's; which I think is a step in the right direction. the ultimate success of exposing lesser known; or up and coming talent.imo is going to be based on, hardcore new york style promotion: meaning you take your promotions to the street , and build your audience.

;)

Originally posted by Treepwood

last year Johnny Viscious came to Liquids and the turn out wasn't very well from what i understand. Must have been a night that space crobar or level had a guest also. or maybe he just isn't that popular here.

I actually passed by becuase I wanted to see what kind of support Johnny Vicious would get here .. guess what? there must have been about four guido's in the floor dancing in a circle .. WEAK!

my take on the tri state thing.... firstly, the way i look at it, if i'm down here on vacation, last thing i wanna do is go see somebody i can see at home. secondly, florida is more about booking international and west coast talent. fact is, more people turn up for these events than most tri state dj's. people down here want to see different talent every week. sadly that's why i feel local residents don't sell so well down here. no matter how good they are. the general attitude is.... "well they'll be there again next week, or the week after, i can go see them whenever"