Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If Jon Peters and Junior Vasquez switched places...

...would anyone notice???

I mean seriously, I find it amusing how much play Peters gets on here and how little play Vasquez gets. Seriously, with what Peters is doing now, Junior wrote the book and JP is using a mimeograph. Here's a few observations:

- Both are defended to the death even though they each play half an hour long stretches where they'll just play a beat or the same track for 15 minutes straight. However, the 'good parts' where they're playing three records, one of them backwards, and an acapella, are too good to let people remember how boring they are the rest of the time

- Both do inordinate amounts of something or another to stay awake and spin for 20 hours straight

- They play the same damn records, just each of them makes their own remixes of them (but actually has someone else do 90% of the engineering for them)

- Junior spun at the 'back in the day' Factory (and helped get it on the map), and Peters was eventually the gapstop to take his place.

- Junior spins for gay meathead guidos; Peters spins for straight meathead guidos.

Pretty much, if Peters was catering to a gay crowd and Vasquez was catering to a straight crowd, none of you would give a damn.

Originally posted by brickhouse

- Junior spun at the 'back in the day' Factory (and helped get it on the map), and Peters was eventually the gapstop to take his place.

all you saw was bouncers in trenchcoats swarming 27th street like secret service

a lot of hot girls use to come out to see vasquez back then, and for some reason; it really wasn't that hard to hook up with one of them.

I WAS 17 YEARS OLD AT AN UNDERGROUND GAY CLUB POPPING PILLS?

Originally posted by brickhouse

...would anyone notice???

I mean seriously, I find it amusing how much play Peters gets on here and how little play Vasquez gets. Seriously, with what Peters is doing now, Junior wrote the book and JP is using a mimeograph. Here's a few observations:

- Both are defended to the death even though they each play half an hour long stretches where they'll just play a beat or the same track for 15 minutes straight. However, the 'good parts' where they're playing three records, one of them backwards, and an acapella, are too good to let people remember how boring they are the rest of the time

- Both do inordinate amounts of something or another to stay awake and spin for 20 hours straight

- They play the same damn records, just each of them makes their own remixes of them (but actually has someone else do 90% of the engineering for them)

- Junior spins for gay meathead guidos; Peters spins for straight meathead guidos.

Pretty much, if Peters was catering to a gay crowd and Vasquez was catering to a straight crowd, none of you would give a damn.

Gay men also go to Factory, a lot of them do......... :D I agree there stlyes are very different.............. But I may see your point.......... May ......................

Guest gabo

I would like to see how many people would stop going if Dt started a gay party like juniors. I bet 80% of the people on here would stop going to arc on fri.

even though everyone preaches that its all about the music:rolleyes:

Originally posted by gabo

I would like to see how many people would stop going if Dt started a gay party like juniors. I bet 80% of the people on here would stop going to arc on fri.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

After Baez @ SF, JP took over and started spinning back 2 back nights fridays and saturdays until eventually sticking with just saturday nights. The gay crowd was pretty big at SF back several years ago. With the naked guy statues on the walls with all their junk hanging out. I didn't like that shit but thats when JP would blow your mind away every weekend in/out.

A few years back DT’s party at Vinyl was a predominantly a gay party

Originally posted by bogb

exactly...

sf meatheads and lost kiddie ravers changed the crowd to what it is now... personally i dont care who goes to a party, just let me do my thang with the dj, K?;)

Guest gabo
Originally posted by bogb

That is what I have heard also, but what about now? Do you think the same number of cp people that go there every week will continue to go there if it is all gay? I would like to hope yes but I doubt it.

That is what I have heard also, but what about now? Do you think the same number of cp people that go there every week will continue to go there if it is all gay? I would like to hope yes but I doubt it.

I love gay parties... gay men are fun. :D

Junior Vasquez is the better of the 2 , Unfortunately "Earth" is not the greatest place for him to show it. He needs something edgier like Limelight. (wink wink) Although the hard panging of noisy beats is good for the 18 year old for no background in house music , Jonathan Peters isn't really in the same realm with Junior musically or talent wise. Junior makes unbelievable re-mixes where JP only plays what the rest of the radio DJs are playing just louder and with less finesse. In short JUNIOR is by far the best House DJ ever. And anyone who went to Arena or Twilo already knows that.

I really dont see how juniors and peters are alike that much. I have been going junior for years and have never heard him play a song longer than the org. Junior's crowd is mostly gay and mixed and yes there are girls his crowd is a great crowd to be around if your into dance music. Juniors music is differnt than peters juniors is more hard tribal and peters is more hard pots and pans.Junior has a cleaner sound. Drugs or no drugs these 2 are 2 of the few if not the only 2 that can put togther 20 plus hour sets week after week. Peters did not take over juniors factory Richard grant took the name and opened up a new club Twilo would have been named sound factory and as junior said they can take my name but they will nevr take what i built there.

Junior is a master in the studio he does most all his own engineering he started out as a engineer for Shep Pettibone and Arthur Baker. Anyone that has been to earth this month has seen junior at his best when he wants to be he can not be touched and he has been unreal these past weeks . This week and next will be huge parties for earth Oct 5th will be the one year party and junior will be throwing down!Its that time again for junior to gain speed and build a bigger fan base this is what he does every couple of years this is how he stays on top .I know a lot of people wont agree but i think Junior is the best to ever play this game.Peters to you have to take your hat off to this guy also he has made a great name for himself in the biggest city in the world.

I have much respect for JP!!

are u THAT fucking DUMB!? BE YOURSELF @ VINYL IS ORRIGINALLY A FUCKING GAY PARTY!... ignorant people... just DONT TALK!... EVER! :blown: and CP kids fucking RUIN parties anyway... fucking horrible... STAY HOME.

Originally posted by brandonius54w

, Jonathan Peters isn't really in the same realm with Junior musically or talent wise. .

Jp has done some good mixes but yes junior is very talented . He does more than just dance music .Many dont know but junior also does production for musicians such as John Cougar Mellencamp,Pet shop boys and Cyndi Lauper any many more.

Originally posted by sierafoxtrot

are u THAT fucking DUMB!? BE YOURSELF @ VINYL IS ORRIGINALLY A FUCKING GAY PARTY!... ignorant people... just DONT TALK!... EVER! :blown: and CP kids fucking RUIN parties anyway... fucking horrible... STAY HOME.

Originally yes. Gabo was referring to what it is currently - which is NOT predominantly a gay party.

Next time try reading the post before blasting someone's head off...

and you do realize by posting on CP, you are now a CP kid, right?

mmmhmmm;) nice one, Peaches.

Originally posted by earthling

I really dont see how juniors and peters are alike that much. I have been going junior for years and have never heard him play a song longer than the org. Junior's crowd is mostly gay and mixed and yes there are girls his crowd is a great crowd to be around if your into dance music. Juniors music is differnt than peters juniors is more hard tribal and peters is more hard pots and pans.Junior has a cleaner sound. Drugs or no drugs these 2 are 2 of the few if not the only 2 that can put togther 20 plus hour sets week after week. Peters did not take over juniors factory Richard grant took the name and opened up a new club Twilo would have been named sound factory and as junior said they can take my name but they will nevr take what i built there.

Junior is a master in the studio he does most all his own engineering he started out as a engineer for Shep Pettibone and Arthur Baker. Anyone that has been to earth this month has seen junior at his best when he wants to be he can not be touched and he has been unreal these past weeks . This week and next will be huge parties for earth Oct 5th will be the one year party and junior will be throwing down!Its that time again for junior to gain speed and build a bigger fan base this is what he does every couple of years this is how he stays on top .I know a lot of people wont agree but i think Junior is the best to ever play this game.Peters to you have to take your hat off to this guy also he has made a great name for himself in the biggest city in the world.

I have much respect for JP!!

i love to dance and hear good house musik. the only thing is, I dont know if str8 partiers are encouraged to party with junior. Otherwise I think I would have checked him out sooner... Dont get me wrong, I have been to my share of gay oriented parties, and had fun... but if str8s arent WELCOME at a party thats another story... At vinyl and sound factory you will see ANYONE and EVERYONE there partying with danny T and JP, especially lately... so whats the deal? As long as I am dancing like nobody is watching, can str8 peeps party w/junior? And girls go to junior? :rolleyes:

OK - first off Be Yourself was a much better party when it was predominantly gay - much better crowd in terms of attitude and had an underground feeling which is not there anymore IMO. gay parties are where this whole scene started and they definitely have an incredible vibe and atmosphere.

as for Junior - he does have mad talent, though he's not my favorite unless i'm there in the moment. he's parties at Twilo used to be great and yeah, str8 can definitely party with him. i haven't been to Earth cause i despise Exit and just won't go. It would be great if he got a better location.

definitely need to give respect for both JP and Junior for the marathon sets they spin...

Originally posted by neptune1

i love to dance and hear good house musik. the only thing is, I dont know if str8 partiers are encouraged to party with junior. Otherwise I think I would have checked him out sooner... Dont get me wrong, I have been to my share of gay oriented parties, and had fun... but if str8s arent WELCOME at a party thats another story... At vinyl and sound factory you will see ANYONE and EVERYONE there partying with danny T and JP, especially lately... so whats the deal? As long as I am dancing like nobody is watching, can str8 peeps party w/junior? And girls go to junior? :rolleyes:

I am str8 and so are my many friends that go . They dont want trouble makers but at earth all are welcome. Juniors parties are mostly gay/mixed which i think is good keeps the meatheads away. There are some girls not to many .There is plenty of room there .I would check out this week or next its going to be good!