Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So...Did everyone enjoy themselves at Mauro Picotto?..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music was fucking amazing Mauro rocked the house. The

only thing Arc is a shit hole . Next time he comes here (hopefully

soon) I really hope he will play in a diffrent place. Also next time

more girls better come out, lastt night was a sausage party

Due to my friends bad trip i had to leave a bit ealry. Till what time did he spin last night? and did he play any of his old stuff????

wow is all i can say.. he is incredible!! not really my style of music however he worked that crowd magically!!! some nasty beats he was throwing down...

roxyscott - glad we took the chance to have that talk last night...

to my sf heads!!! womp womp!!! good timez as always... some of my sf headz i never saw them so into the music.. glad to see them having a great time...

i was only there for a lil bit and i must say he is a nasty dj!!!

then headed over to sf for great timez as usual

Originally posted by starshaped

I'd be interested to know what you thought of Picotto's set because people into techno ie Umek,Clarke etc etc usually look down their nose at Picotto and hate him.

it was better than what i expected and ill leave it at that. :D

you know for a fact umek talks shit about him? if you've heard umek lately you know he's not one to talk....specially since he's got shit coming out on tiesto's label....shit remixed by tiesto and oliver lieb, that's pretty much as far as it goes on the cheese scale.

Originally posted by Eviltwin

Due to my friends bad trip i had to leave a bit ealry. Till what time did he spin last night? and did he play any of his old stuff????

arc is a shit hole? :laugh: :laugh: you should have seen it before they renovated.. that is too funny, b/c I think arc was the perfect place for him.. the sound was incredible last nite (as it always is in that space) and I don't think another venue would have done him justice.. arc is the only "serious" big club left in this town.

yeah he played iguana like 3 times you missed out man.

Also next time

Dont forget that Arc is not a place to hook up with girls..but a place to go for music..!!!

i honestly have no words... picotto just knocked the wind outta me. he's made tech my favorite genre, the things he did were just :eek:... and the way he worked things up and just threw it down while motioning with his hands... lol i dubbed him the tech conductor :D...

honestly, i was tired as fuck after the first couple of hours but picotto didn't give you a chance to rest.... i danced til the very end... he just corrupted my body... the crowd was absolutely perfect for dancing even though i stepped on just about ever single person on the dance floor...

oh, and i know someone started track ID's... pleaaaaaase if you know 'em, post 'em... i think i knew about three songs the whole night.

...just WOW... that's all...

Can anyone say VIBE?!?!?!?!!?!:eek: Picotto instigated one of the best vibes I've witnessed in quite a few months.

I never saw Mauro before, but was surprised at how versatile he kept it the first 2 or 3 hours...and then after he supplied the ever so reptitious techno beats (( which isn't bad, but that's when I lost some steam )). I was glad to see everyone out and about...it's been a while.

So did anyone stick around for Remy?? And better yet, did anyone notice Bill Patrick in the back? I've heard him spin in the chill room like 5 times, but last night he seemed to be gettin' his groove on. Makes me wanna hear more....

All in all a great night...even if it took some recovering after Trainspotting!! ;):tongue:

Originally posted by daemoncel

SERIOUS good people in the place, The guy with the "Taub!?" shirt was as into it as i was, and MAD PROPS to the guy who gave picotto a Yankees Jersey, right before he left!!!

that was highmay and dreamdrops - probably the biggest picotto fans i have ever met.

last night was great - one of my best nights ever in the space. i loved the vibe, even if it was a bit different than usual. picotto blew me away and it will probably be a long recovery for me.... (can't wait to get to my chiropractor on tuesday)

i missed remy but the 30 secs i heard from him were good. picotto's set so thoroughly kicked my ass that i had no chance of closing the place last night - did anyone?

it was sooo good to see everyone last night. i haven't been around too much lately and i was so glad to catch up with so many ppl last night. hopefully i'll see some of you at boo or camouflage this week.

Originally posted by marcid21

All in all a great night...even if it took some recovering after Trainspotting!! ;):tongue:

lol... yeah... trainspotting is not exactly the best movie to see before you go out and party :laugh:

in reference to the comment about a better venue... did anyone notice how empty arc was last night? (believe me, no complaints... i liked it) but if the venue had been any bigger, the night would have been a loss for the owner/promoters/etc...

-Tommy. ;)

Originally posted by marcid21

So did anyone stick around for Remy??

caught an hour of his set... wish more people had stayed! he was tearin that room up pretty good. wanted to stay and finish it out, but the legs weren't cooperating

MP played til 6:30

Remy was quite a treat for those who stayed around afterwards. Lotsa energy. When he finished, people were already asking him when he was coming back.

Originally posted by lasix

caught an hour of his set... wish more people had stayed! he was tearin that room up pretty good. wanted to stay and finish it out, but the legs weren't cooperating

Nobody's legs were workin.....there were maybe five people dancin, everyone else just bobbin their head

guess its my turn to post a review...

i dont think ive had my ass kicked as hard as i did yesterday....if anyone caught a kid in a white T shirt lookin hella gay jumpin up n down for hrs with a skinny kid with blondish-brownish hair..yeh that was me..i duno what the fuck was goin on last night..but mauro rocked me...seriously...ive never been more excited...i didnt stop smiling the whole time

crowd was off the hook...i went to get a drink @ the bar and looked out to the crowd...ive never seen more smiling people

Originally posted by mssabina

if dj remy spun at the end of the night, then who opened for picotto? i got to arc around 12:00 so i caught a lot of the opening dj and i really liked him... was that olivier berge?

Yes that was Olivier Berge.

The only other time I remember him spinning at Arc was when he was doing the Arcade (the back room) during the first Tribalism night (Victor Calderone's event, which had Lucien Foort as a guest that time)

Maybe he's spun in the Arcade on other occassions.

Anyways, he was quite good during what I caught of him then, but playing in the big room seemed to bring him to another level.

Originally posted by trancerxn112

yea i had a shit eating grin on my face all night... plus i think my eyes were opened for only 1/4 of the night... i always get into the music when my eyes are closed... damn lights always distract me.

i close my eyes a lot when i dance, but last night i think i did it a lil too often... when i'd open them back up there'd be an elbow an inch from my face and i'd just about to knock into someone else... it was fun anyhow, what are a few bumps and bruises when you dance to good music?