Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tanning even when summer is over....

Mystify

Okay I'll be the first to admit it -- One reason I absolutely HATE summer ending is.....

Losing my tan!!!!! Does anybody else still go tanning even in the Fall and Winter???

I know it's bad for you and blah blah blah but I really just think everyone looks so much better with some color and glow to their face!

:cool:

Originally posted by luvle02

I've been doing that 6 second tan at Hollywood. You don't get as dark but it keeps you looking alive.

I heard great things abou this........ it is sprayed on right? Is it even and all, do you look orange?

I have tanned all winter and haven't. Either way I don't really care. This winter I have decided totake a break on my face though..........

It's basically a stand up booth that shoots self tanner at you while you do this silly little dance. It lasts a week and is $25. But on the up side it doesn't give you wrinkles or cancer....I don't think? It's worth a try, I like it.

. . . the object is to look healthy , not freshly squeezed . . . :aright: . . .

Have you tried it?

. . I really don't think I need it . . I'm a bit darker then eggshell, trust me . . . but even if I did, I'd sure rather run around in the sunshine then bake myself in a tanning bed . . . the only exception would be if I was soo far skinned that I instantly burned, and in that case, I wouldn't be tanning anyway . . .

I'm not talking about a tanning bed, I'm talking about lotion

. . . as far as cancer is concerned, ok then, I'll give you that . . but it still doesn't look natural . . I don't know if the chicks I've seen with fake tans are using, but none of it looks like you got a real tan . . .

. . . and also, since you mentioned cancer, I took the liberty of going to the American Cancer Society's site and doing a lookup on Melanoma . . .

. . You can select what states you want to survey and what types of cancer, here's a link: Cancer Search Engine

. . I , just for shits and giggles plugged in New Jersey and Florida (my old home state) . . . I got some interesting results:

The incidence of Melanoma in New Jersey is actually HIGHER than it is in Florida . . . The margins are so small, they're almost negligable, but the gfact remains . . You're almost equally as likely, male or female, to get Skin Cancer in New Jersey as you are in Florida . . . Same thing for the death rates . . .

. . Kinda interesting considering that the sun beats the crap out of you on a daily basis down in the Southland. . .

. . . Thats besides the point . . . What I'm saying is, in my eyes, fake tanning is ridiculus . . Its so easy, for anyone whos ever lived in a very sunny hot climate to pick up on the fact that you either used a lotion or a bed . . . It just doesn't look 'natural' . . I would attribute this to the fact that down south, you don't have to lay on the lawn for hours to get dark . . . Most of the 'tanning' you do is picked up during your everyday activities outside . . .That leaves a tan thats quite frankly more attractive then if its evenly, scientifically applied by either a bed or a lotion . . .

Yeah, I hate the winter too, bein all pale white and shit. I still have a few sessions at my tanning salon that I go to left.. about like 4-5 more. I go pretty much once a week. I think once there done though, I'm not gonna go anymore till spring starts. I try to give skin a break for the winter time.

I never tried the spray booth at hollywood tans. But last winter I did use sunless tanning spray. It worked pretty good. I didn't get orange at all. I didn't get like a deep dark tan also like I would at a tanning salon or going to the beach, but it gave me some color so I don't look pale white. The only thing with that you gotta be careful to apply it evenly and give it time to dry or else it could streak. Also wash your hands immediately after you put it on cause the inside of my hands got orange once cause I didn't wash my hands right after I put the sunless tanning spray on.

although i despise being pale in the winter, i will never ever ever go to a tanning salon to fake bake... i just don't think it's worth it and after awhile, your tan begins to look so artificial it's just gross...

sunless tanner is okay if you use the right kind and apply it correctly (clarins is good) but i'm too lazy to do that myself... nothing beats a tan from the real sunshine, so unless i get my ass to florida during the winter (which i will :D), i'm staying pale.