Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hotel recommendations for WMC?

Looking for some hotel recommendations for WMC... Wanted to know what people thought about these in terms of location, cost, rooms, etc.

Palms?

National?

Surfcomber?

Eden Roc?

Any other good choices?

I have reservations at the National, but am not sure we want to blow that much money per night.

Thanks.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DaVe

Looking for some hotel recommendations for WMC... Wanted to know what people thought about these in terms of location, cost, rooms, etc.

Palms?

National?

Surfcomber?

Eden Roc?

Any other good choices?

1. PALMS- never been, but i heard its real nice

2. NATIONAL- u said it, $$$$$$

3. SURFCOMBER- never been, no opinion

4. EDEN ROC- its farther from South Beach, but great hotel, worth the money...maybe a 5-8 min. cab ride from SOBE..i would def. recommend this, b/c its at the beach and just far enough from the madness if u wanna relax before heading out

OTHER CHOICES:

if u wanna get crazy and still be in the heart of SOBE...try the LOEWS...its a 5 star hotel...so be prepared, but just like the eden roc...its worth the $$$...also there is a courtyard by mariotts right beside where SHADOW LOUNGE use to be...never seen the rooms but that is in the center of SOBE as well...check into these hotels if u like...hope that has helped and i hope we can chill again when u get down here:D

I have stayed at:

Marriott

Lowes

Delano

National

Essex House Hotel & Suites

I always go back to the Essex House. Its a small art deco spot right in the middle of everything. Nothing fancy, but priced right. If you don't get a suite, get one of the "round" corner rooms.

Mrs. Guyman and I like the Suites. They have 2 people big hot tub type bath's. Very nice after a day at the beach.

www.essexhouse.com or www.coralcollection.com

• 1 month later...

I'm staying @ the Best Western this year.. It's cheap and it's a great centralized location. The Eden Roc is a great hotel, but it is a lengthy drive down to the madness. The Dorchester is another great hotel at a decent price. That's where I stayed last year with a HUGE group of friends. The Pelican is a great hotel as is the Shelbourne, both in good locations and reasonably priced. The Clay is another consideration

Originally posted by digitaldan

What is a good location to be in? I'm not really familiar with what is where so it's kinda hard to shop for hotels.

If you're gonna spend a lot of time at Space, stay in downtown (mainland)

Hotels are cheaper there...

cuz most of the action is on South Beach (technically the southern part of Miami Beach, which stretches pretty far north)

I believe most of the clubs are on or near Washington Ave

I think Collins below 23 (?) St is good

Ocean Drive is right along the beach, and there's a lot going on there. If there's anything left there, it will cost you even more than the already high prices elsewhere on South Beach.

Has anyone tried Priceline? What kinds of results for you?

Originally posted by wallflour

If you're gonna spend a lot of time at Space, stay in downtown (mainland)

Hotels are cheaper there...

cuz most of the action is on South Beach (technically the southern part of Miami Beach, which stretches pretty far north)

I believe most of the clubs are on or near Washington Ave

I think Collins below 23 (?) St is good

Ocean Drive is right along the beach, and there's a lot going on there. If there's anything left there, it will cost you even more than the already high prices elsewhere on South Beach.

Has anyone tried Priceline? What kinds of results for you?

last yr i tried priceline. i selected miami beach and south beach with a bid of 55$, and ended up w/ the wyndam waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck up there on collins. its a pretty decent hotel, but really far from everything. good thing i only needed it for one night, since i stayed w/ my friends at their friend's condo on the bay side of sobe. if youre planning on doing priceline, *only* chose south beach :tongue:

I think almost all of them are gone now, but if you were smart you would have booked months ago and did what we did. I have 3 other people with me, rented a private townhouse that is inside the Shelbourne for a full week for $750 total. That's approx $185 a person for the full week, in a very nice 2 bedroom townhouse right near everything, right on the beach, and with it's own kitchen for saving a bit on food. Next year think ahead though.

Originally posted by jrsygrl

I booked my room at the Clevelander....any opinions? I never saw their romms. Last year I stayed at Breakwater....wasn't bad. It was alot cheaper last year though.

JrsyGrl

:party:

Never been in the rooms but it is the alcoholic party place of choice in SOBE especially for WMC

Originally posted by abstractls

I think almost all of them are gone now, but if you were smart you would have booked months ago and did what we did. I have 3 other people with me, rented a private townhouse that is inside the Shelbourne for a full week for $750 total. That's approx $185 a person for the full week, in a very nice 2 bedroom townhouse right near everything, right on the beach, and with it's own kitchen for saving a bit on food. Next year think ahead though.

HOLY SHIT

I just made reservations and it's gonna be 2-3 grand. I don't know if I can keep those reservations. Maybe my roommate's organs are good for something

ok here is the deal

I found my place so I am giving up info for other people

http://www.brooklynsouthbeach.com/index2.htm

awesome place they have rooms for $550 for the week, just a killer place

http://www.floridavacations.com/fv/7958.html

no pics but it is in good area, can't be too bad at all, it is a studio and only $395 for the week

www.miamihabitat.com

"We have studios and one 2 bedrooms. The 2 bedrooms is the last one left( we

have a dozen of request and email pending on that unit.

Price is $ 1400 for the week. Sudios are $ 950 For the week." it is inside the shelbourne

jump on them now guys, I have a few more if needed

Originally posted by abstractls

ok here is the deal

I found my place so I am giving up info for other people

http://www.brooklynsouthbeach.com/index2.htm

awesome place they have rooms for $550 for the week, just a killer place

http://www.floridavacations.com/fv/7958.html

no pics but it is in good area, can't be too bad at all, it is a studio and only $395 for the week

www.miamihabitat.com

"We have studios and one 2 bedrooms. The 2 bedrooms is the last one left( we

have a dozen of request and email pending on that unit.

Price is $ 1400 for the week. Sudios are $ 950 For the week." it is inside the shelbourne

jump on them now guys, I have a few more if needed

Are those apartments fully furnished?

Go to www.hotelkingdom.com

Go to Miami - then South Beach.

Type in your dates and all the rates to each hotel will pop up, with addresses and amenities.

Anything with an address ranging from #'s: 500(5th St.)-2400(24th St.) on Ocean Dr., Collins Ave. or Washington Ave. is in the "heart of SoBe"

Roney Palace is NOT booked up - Rates are between $94 & $182/nt. for March 18-22 RIGHT NOW - Hurry though, I booked at the Beacon a month ago, and then the following week they shot up from $110/nt. to $235/nt.

Hope this helps... Ginger

Originally posted by gingerg

Go to www.hotelkingdom.com

Go to Miami - then South Beach.

Type in your dates and all the rates to each hotel will pop up, with addresses and amenities.

Anything with an address ranging from #'s: 500(5th St.)-2400(24th St.) on Ocean Dr., Collins Ave. or Washington Ave. is in the "heart of SoBe"

Roney Palace is NOT booked up - Rates are between $94 & $182/nt. for March 18-22 RIGHT NOW - Hurry though, I booked at the Beacon a month ago, and then the following week they shot up from $110/nt. to $235/nt.

Hope this helps... Ginger

that does help, thanks