Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The 2003 Altima, Grand Prix GTP, or Diamante-help Quoth

quoth

Originally posted by berniec

Leasing USED to be a much better vale a few years ago.. For instance, in feb 99 I leased my 34k dodge durango. I put 3k down, and i'm payin 304 a month for 36mths.

I went looking for a new car, and to lease a 34k car now, with about 3k down your payments would be about $550 a month- so WHY LEASE??

they used to think that cars coming off lease woudl depreciate less, they found that to be false, so now the guy who leases that car pays to make sure the bank dont loose any money...

bern

those days are over....i too got a RIDICULOUS deal on a lease back then.....brand spanking new $40k beemer. no money down and i was paying less than you for the durango :cool:

the catch? it was a 2 year lease and my mileage was a measly 10,000 miles a year. i was in school at the time so it wasn't really a big deal. LOVED that car, would've bought it except it was automatic trans so i said fuck it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by somebitch

yeah the milage thing totally sux... my friend actually had her miles rolled back before she turned in her car so she woudlnt have to pay :laugh:

i've seen those kits. they run a couple grand. i was thinking of picking one up and buying used cars with high milage and reselling them with low miles :cool:

Originally posted by magilicuti

A lease is not a good move for those with average to low incomes. If you aren't rich then its a bad move.

Let's say you buy a 30k car, you use it for a couple years and depending on how you drive it and its condition it will lose a couple grand off the original price. You can still sell that car and put that towards another car. You could have not lost more then 5gs off the value of that car unless you drive it constantly and beat it up. If you lease a 30k car you are spending a lot more then 5gs and you end up with nothing in the end. The option to buy is a stupid move

i paid nothing down and i still pay way less than the cost it would have been to finance per month + i dont have to worry about selling my car after my lease is up... i understand that i am paying for nothing in the end, but to me, i would rather not pay a down payment & i shop like a fiend, if i made a little money off selling my car i would probably spend it all anyway so i am better off just paying month to month.

:D exactly and if you can get a lease with nothing down, you are paying the same as a finance and getting rid of the car in 2 - 3 years for a brand new one.

. . . yep. . The only thing that I can see you losing out on when you lease as opposed to buy is that you don't get the 'fraction' of the money you paid back . .

. . Now, one could make a case that when you buy you not only get the material value of the car itself but also various intrinsic values that it can provide . . . Say, for instance, you bought a Porsche 911 carerra . . Now you won't actually get back the 'Actual' value of the car . . probably about 20g's less depending on rarity and the abuse you did to it . . but you can 'add' at least 30 grand worth of intrinsic on it because you got to sleep with really hot model type chicks because of it .. . Yes, you didn't get the money back . . but you got some pricey ass because of it . . . And pricey good looking, yet average in bed ass has 'card game brag to your friends' intrinsic value which in turn is priceless . .

. . SO . . from my statement above we can derive:

. . . Total Return = Price of new car - Cost of actual depreciation + (Ass factor + Story Factor) = Priceless . . .

. . . I'm babbling , I know . . .

i was completely against leasing up until about 4 years ago...then my car broke down and i went to the dealership with my dad...got into a new cavalier with no money down, no security, and 15000 miles per year at $204/month...and i have been leasing ever since...buyback is almost never a sensible option...and the truth of the matter is, leasing is not what it was years ago...but no matter what, it's all about your financial situation and perspective...make the choice that's right for you...

Kingartur has a good point. Although i'm pretty sure you don't want a 2 door. The new Accord coupe looks very nice, they beefed up the power too.

How the fuck can u possibly think of the Diamante compared to the Altima and GTP?? What a waste.

I figured i'd chime in so here is what I would do. The 0/0/0 deal is pretty sweet, Mitsubishi sucks... you don't want one.. trust me i know.

My roommate Rich had a Grand Prix and it is a very solid card with lots of awesome gadets. The heads up display was one of the coolest things. BUT you have to take into account the following:

INSURANCE!!! Becuase for a kid like you insurance is going to be a lot. Is this under your name or what? When Rich got his Grand Prix GT he looked into the GTP. Problem was the GTP is supercharged and the insurance put it into the sports car class along side with the mustang/camaro etc... Insurance for the GTP could be around $3-4k a year in this area. Check into the numbers before you buy.

If you need the 0/0/0 deal get the GTP. If it doesn't bother you, get the Altima. First i'd go drive the GTP and make sure you like it, it is a big car. gluck.

i paid nothing down and i still pay way less than the cost it would have been to finance per month + i dont have to worry about selling my car after my lease is up... i understand that i am paying for nothing in the end, but to me, i would rather not pay a down payment & i shop like a fiend, if i made a little money off selling my car i would probably spend it all anyway so i am better off just paying month to month.

sometimes you can get a really good deal where basically you're paying the market depreciation of the car and that's it. so basically leasing would be like financing then selling at market value in terms of how much money you lose. thats obviously if you don't consider the cap in mileage, a huge problem for most people...specially if it's a luxury car with 25 cents a mile over mileage. this only works if you lease brand new of course, since it loses so much more value in the first 2 yrs or so.

and for buyback, most of the time its not worth it....but if you've been w/ the dealership for years many times they'll give you a residual that's like private resale with more miles than you actually have, so you get a killer deal....happened to me since my dad's been w/ this dealership for years. they actually offered the buyback for like 3 grand below PRIVATE resale it was insane...like 5-6 grand below regular dealer cost. i still didn't take it cuz i wanted stick and it was auto. stubborn me though cuz it was a sick deal.

Originally posted by quoth

ok here we go with the lease v.s. finance debate.

WHY THE MOTHERFUCK YOU GONNA LEASE A CAR WHEN U DON'T OWN JACK SHIT THE BANK OWNS IT AND THAT IS THROWING MONEY OUT THE WINDOW..in which you dont even own the fucking car.

its like renting a goddamn car for 2-3 yrs giving it back or having the option of buying it out when on paper it is STILL more expensive to buy out after making all them lease payments then if u bought it out from the get go with financing.

Christ yer not a very smart potsmoker are you?

Unless you are rich or own a business...leasing is not for you.

Why in god's name would u get bored of a car after 5 yrs??? ITS A FUCKING CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!

GETS YOU FROM POINT A to POINT B

WTF?

I have to disagree…

I'm leasing my car now and it's saving me about $200/month in car payments for my three-year lease as opposed to the 5 year loan. Plus, I got a much better interest rate for the lease, than I would have gotten if I had financed the car for 5 years. In fact I can buy the car after the lease is up and it will actually end up costing me less money than if I financed it.

Down payment + lease payments x 3 yrs + final payment to buy the car < Down payment + loan payment x 5 years

So I’ll own my car in 3 years for less money and my car payments are much lower. The money I’m saving goes in the bank and is gaining interest, and I’m saving so much from my car payments that I will either be able to buy the car I’m leasing with cash, or turn it in and buy a brand new car with about $15,000 down payment which, depending on what I get, will probably give me lower car payments than I have now.

Originally posted by dr0ne

and for buyback, most of the time its not worth it....but if you've been w/ the dealership for years many times they'll give you a residual that's like private resale with more miles than you actually have, so you get a killer deal....happened to me since my dad's been w/ this dealership for years. they actually offered the buyback for like 3 grand below PRIVATE resale it was insane...like 5-6 grand below regular dealer cost. i still didn't take it cuz i wanted stick and it was auto. stubborn me though cuz it was a sick deal.

my friend works at the dealership so i got a good deal & i will probably get a better one on my next car...

i agree about not getting the automatic though, getting a sports car in auto is kinda pussy & it takes away from the enjoyment of actually DRIVING. driving is a sport.

glad all of you are gettin these sweet hookups from dealerships. My lease is ending in February and I'm gettin ready to cry lol

I'm lookin at a chevy Tahoe or an Infiniti QX4- gonne buy either one, but the only way i'm gonna afford them is if I can find a dealership that will sell it for dam near dealer invoice price :(

:direct: BRING BACK THE LEASE DEALS OF A FEW YEARS AGO :direct:

Bern:

Go for the GTP, I have a 2001 with 50K on it which I got new in Oct of '00. It is fast as hell and not much on the road (except sports cars) can keep up with it. There is nothing like having a blower under the hood. I have owned 4 Pontiacs and never had any problems with any of them. Plus you can't beat the deals they are giving now. I did hear a new model will be arriving soon, so you might want to try to wait for that.

Originally posted by clubindiva

i'd go for the altima...its just a hot lookin car, ya kno? good luck sweetie! ;)

nuttin better than a hot lookin car with a hot lookin girl in it..wanna go for a ride babe? ;)

Ok..well..i fuckin test drove the Pontiac Grand Prix GT today.....NOTTTTTTTT THE GTP cause co-incidentally as toolord informed us about how the GTP is higher in insurance..the sales guy clued me in on that and also it takes fuckin hi-test gasoline....and the GT takes Regular and ALSO doesn't effect yer insurance and ALSO is one safe asssssssssss fuckin car.

It was SUCHHHHHHHHHH A SWEET RIDE too!!

HMMMMMMM

this is gonna be tough....i went to Nissan today too the fuckers are not budging at all and though i get a slight discount of a percentage of dealer cost through my job it still aint shit.

My payments are gonna be expensive no matter what..and unfortunately if i get the car in my own name i gotta my own insurance too so it looks like papa Quoth is gonna have to co-sign for Son Quoth.

The Altima is afforadable in every way..EXCEPT my fuckin APR is gonna make that car ridciulously expensive where as the GT is pretty much right on the money even with the interest.

Tomorrow i'll take a trip to Mitsubishi for the hell of it....like i said..FOR THE HELL OF IT.

yo toolbag: whats the deal with the heads up display? i didnt see it but i have heard about it...sounds cool but sounds annoying..i dont want no fuckin speedometer showin up on my windshiled while im tryin to fuckin drive?

Originally posted by stacia681

Id go w/the altima..I just got one bout 3 weeks ago 2003, in the crystal blue, I havent seen anyone with that blue yet, it's like the one for the Giants uniform.. It rides really smooth, it feels like your in a luxury car... It's nice and roomy too.:idea:

AHHHHHHH U FUCK!!

i seen that color thats what i was thinking. It was a toss of up of that shiny blue...silver..champagne..or black.

Do u like it a lot? Is it the 2.5 (v4) or the 3.5 (v6)?

Also...where do u bartend in boken?

If u bartend at Bar None in Boken SOOOOOOOOOOO HIT ME UP via PM hahah i have a question for u.

christ...im starting to sound like dan-fuckin-wilson with my 20 questions.

Ok..well..i fuckin test drove the Pontiac Grand Prix GT today.....NOTTTTTTTT THE GTP cause co-incidentally as toolord informed us about how the GTP is higher in insurance..the sales guy clued me in on that and also it takes fuckin hi-test gasoline....and the GT takes Regular and ALSO doesn't effect yer insurance and ALSO is one safe asssssssssss fuckin car.

My payments are gonna be expensive no matter what..and unfortunately if i get the car in my own name i gotta my own insurance too so it looks like papa Quoth is gonna have to co-sign for Son Quoth.

yo toolbag: whats the deal with the heads up display? i didnt see it but i have heard about it...sounds cool but sounds annoying..i dont want no fuckin speedometer showin up on my windshiled while im tryin to fuckin drive?

Told you... The GT is a nice ride too. Ask the dealer about the heads up display, i don't know how much is costs but you shold be able to get it on the Grand Prix. It doesn't get in your way, very cool feature. Helps you keep your eyes on the road. Gluck douchebag.

nuttin better than a hot lookin car with a hot lookin girl in it..wanna go for a ride babe? ;)

sounds like a plan...wat time you comin ova?!! hehe ... i just got your message...i think your at work so i'll give ya a call tomorrow b4 i go to work. okie? muahzzzzzz

d ;)

[anger]..... [/anger]

[Detonate=1]

HMM LET ME SEE HERE...

OH WAIT!! HERE"S AN IDEA: :idea: :idea:

Why don't you go wrap yourself up in a BOX and SHIP YOUR STUPID ASS BACK TO SCHMUCKLAND or WHEREVER THE FUCK YOU CAME FROM, to even CONSIDER purchasing such a SCHMUCK LAMEWAD PIECE OF SHIT JOE AVERAGE CAR.

OR BETTER YET: Try and find an even LAMER car than that - perhaps a Chevy Lumina or what's another reallly mundane car...

AHA, a Chrysler Sebring!!! Then you can park it in front of the fucking geriatric ward where cars and dickhead gutless owners like yourself should fucking go for owning such mundane and meaningless pieces of injection-molded shit that do absolutely nothing except make me want to FUCKING STAB MYSELF WITH A PENCIL IN MY EYE they're SO GODDAMN BORING.

FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR SHITWAD IMAGINELESS SELF FOR WASTING MY FUCKING TIME THINKING YOU HAD ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY IMPORTANT TO SAY REGARDING ANYTHING AUTOMOTIVE.

GO TAKE THE FUCKING BUS.

-written by Mr. "Yes i have fancy vents on my engine lid"

[/Detonate]

[on a sidenote... consider the WRX ;) you'll have much more fun in it.]

okay :) rant's over. time to go take my medication.

Originally posted by cintron

[anger]..... [/anger]

[Detonate=1]

HMM LET ME SEE HERE...

OH WAIT!! HERE"S AN IDEA: :idea: :idea:

Why don't you go wrap yourself up in a BOX and SHIP YOUR STUPID ASS BACK TO SCHMUCKLAND or WHEREVER THE FUCK YOU CAME FROM, to even CONSIDER purchasing such a SCHMUCK LAMEWAD PIECE OF SHIT JOE AVERAGE CAR.

OR BETTER YET: Try and find an even LAMER car than that - perhaps a Chevy Lumina or what's another reallly mundane car...

AHA, a Chrysler Sebring!!! Then you can park it in front of the fucking geriatric ward where cars and dickhead gutless owners like yourself should fucking go for owning such mundane and meaningless pieces of injection-molded shit that do absolutely nothing except make me want to FUCKING STAB MYSELF WITH A PENCIL IN MY EYE they're SO GODDAMN BORING.

FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR SHITWAD IMAGINELESS SELF FOR WASTING MY FUCKING TIME THINKING YOU HAD ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY IMPORTANT TO SAY REGARDING ANYTHING AUTOMOTIVE.

GO TAKE THE FUCKING BUS.

[/Detonate]

[on a sidenote... consider the WRX ;) you'll have much more fun in it.]

okay :) rant's over. time to go take my medication.

:eek: :eek: