Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The 2003 Altima, Grand Prix GTP, or Diamante-help Quoth

quoth

Its a toss up boys and girls between these 3.

They more or less are in the same price range yet are very different cars..

BUTTTTTTT

Pontiac and Mitsubishi both have 0 down, 0 payments, 0 interest incentives and Nissan has jack shit for incentives cause the Altima sells so well.

I like all 3 of these cars equally but shit..can not decide.

Anyone own either a 2002 or 2003 Altima 3.5 SE, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan, or Diamante? :confused:

What do you think of it and how much u pay?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stay the fuck away from pontiacs.....they're fucking garbage (i've owned one).

i'd go w/ the altima if it was in that price range, no doubt about it. although there's a lot other cars i'd consider besides those 3.....like 2-3 yr old used for the same price you get a shitload more car for your $$$ and it doesn't lose nearly as much value (most value % wise is lost in the first 2 years or so).

Originally posted by dr0ne

i'd go w/ the altima if it was in that price range, no doubt about it. although there's a lot other cars i'd consider besides those 3.....like 2-3 yr old used for the same price you get a shitload more car for your $$$ and it doesn't lose nearly as much value (most value % wise is lost in the first 2 years or so).

i have heard more postives about pontiac than negative and if u had an old pontiac then thats prolly why. Shit is different now.

Also you contradicted yerself.

like 2-3 yr old used for the same price you get a shitload more car for your $$$ and it doesn't lose nearly as much value (most value % wise is lost in the first 2 years or so).

well if it is 2-3 yrs old and u say a new car loses most of its value in the 1st 2 yrs the how the fuck do you NOT LOSE NEARLY AS MUCH VALUE?

damn ed...you gotta quit them captain morgan's morning and fuckin write complete sentences.

on a side note: as much as i feel the altima...its a shitload for a fuckin soy sauce injected jap car and also..no incentives and interest is gonna be a bitch..which ultimately may put me few thousand out of my range.

the whole point is i want a straight up brand new car so I MYSELF can fuckin give it wear and tear..not some other schmuck who leased it..had 5 accidents..then returned it for it to be sold to someone.

...dont tell my dad who worked for GM for 25 years, but my vote goes towards the Altima...i'd be in one now if it wasnt for the killer deals i get with his family discount...

i love the gtp...my only negative with pontiac is their shitty fuckin interior...it kills me...i test drove the gt and couldnt get over the bulky, gaudy buttons and whatnot...

go with the nissan..

What Did u have? Your the first pontiac owner I know that complained about their car...

Quoth I had a GTP.... Fuckin sweet car...

Believe me that car will never give you problems!

It's built Solid!

Im not a fan of Japaneese Cars at all...

lol. why buy when you can lease? i know 5 years down the line i will not wanna be in the same car im in now. luckily my lease is up in a year.. besides you can lease a preowned anything for not too much money. my friend works at acura so i get awesome hookups there. brand new isnt that great of a thing, i was dumb when i got into my lease. if i knew i could have leased a 2 year old, nicer car for the same, i would be driving something else. also, most people who lease dont beat on their cars, they are older, mature types, like my dad. most young people dont have the means to get into a lease (meaning their own insurance & credit) & dealerships work on leased cars before they are put back on the road, they have to be in good condition or the person who leased has to pay for the repairs and people who lease know that so they are extra careful, my car is mint.

Originally posted by somebitch

lol. why buy when you can lease? i know 5 years down the line i will not wanna be in the same car im in now. luckily my lease is up in a year.. besides you can lease a preowned anything for not too much money. my friend works at acura so i get awesome hookups there. brand new isnt that great of a thing, i was dumb when i got into my lease. if i knew i could have leased a 2 year old, nicer car for the same, i would be driving something else. also, most people who lease dont beat on their cars, they are older, mature types, like my dad. most young people dont have the means to get into a lease (meaning their own insurance & credit) & dealerships work on leased cars before they are put back on the road, they have to be in good condition or the person who leased has to pay for the repairs and people who lease know that so they are extra careful, my car is mint.

ok here we go with the lease v.s. finance debate.

WHY THE MOTHERFUCK YOU GONNA LEASE A CAR WHEN U DON'T OWN JACK SHIT THE BANK OWNS IT AND THAT IS THROWING MONEY OUT THE WINDOW..in which you dont even own the fucking car.

its like renting a goddamn car for 2-3 yrs giving it back or having the option of buying it out when on paper it is STILL more expensive to buy out after making all them lease payments then if u bought it out from the get go with financing.

Christ yer not a very smart potsmoker are you?

Unless you are rich or own a business...leasing is not for you.

Why in god's name would u get bored of a car after 5 yrs??? ITS A FUCKING CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!

GETS YOU FROM POINT A to POINT B

WTF?

A mate of mine in Boston had the 2002 Altima and he loves it the only downside he said was there wasn't much room in the back and he had to squeeze bags into the trunk.

But he used always drive lads to sporting events so most people wouldn't have this problem.

But anyway best of luck with whatever u decide to get.

I had a pontiac also, it was as olid car and ran great.

I know lots of people with pontiacs that have no complaints as well.

Mike I would go with the Grand prix, its a meaty and comftorable car. It is also comftorable to drive, very smooth.

Originally posted by quoth

well if it is 2-3 yrs old and u say a new car loses most of its value in the 1st 2 yrs the how the fuck do you NOT LOSE NEARLY AS MUCH VALUE?

damn ed...you gotta quit them captain morgan's morning and fuckin write complete sentences.

on a side note: as much as i feel the altima...its a shitload for a fuckin soy sauce injected jap car and also..no incentives and interest is gonna be a bitch..which ultimately may put me few thousand out of my range.

the whole point is i want a straight up brand new car so I MYSELF can fuckin give it wear and tear..not some other schmuck who leased it..had 5 accidents..then returned it for it to be sold to someone.

get off the crack....it's called math. you went to high school right?

fake example - 2yr $30k car:

$30k car loses 20% first yr, 15% (of current market) 2nd yr. assuming 15k miles/yr

that car would be worth about $21k right now (2 yr old car)

so you lost about 30% of total cost in 2 years (we'll assume 0% apr, otherwise it's quite a bit more)

chances are that car won't lose 30% of its current in the next 2 years...more like 15-20%.

again this is fake but you get the idea.....if you're willing to buy used you're better off BUT you gotta inspect that shit....don't just buy it from some shady dude. if it's been in any sort of accident anyone with half a brain will be able to tell....VIN numbers missing from panels, maybe paint that looks too shiny on a 3yr old car, etc.

or you can buy pre-owned from a reputable dealer and its typically ok if its not a shady ass dealer. other thing though is dealers don't give as good apr deals on used as they do on new, so if you're financing for like 5 years than forget it.

it all depends on how long you plan on keeping it. i never keep mine for more than 2-3 years so i'm totally ok buying a car 1-2yrs used. but if you're def. keeping that shit for 5 years then you might as well buy new.

I owned one too and it was a solid vehicle. All the people that I know that own a pontiac are happy as well.

Go with the Grand prix Mike, its drives beautifully, it is comftorable and a meaty as well.

Originally posted by mattm2o

What Did u have? Your the first pontiac owner I know that complained about their car...

Quoth I had a GTP.... Fuckin sweet car...

Believe me that car will never give you problems!

It's built Solid!

Im not a fan of Japaneese Cars at all...

i had a grand am, it was my first car. top of the line one w/ all the options etc.....utter piece of shit......electrical problems up the ass, every week it'd be something new, always something with the interior....locks fucked, then horn, then windows, then abs light. then oil leaks, ac wouldn't work. total piece of shit. and i'm not the first to say this supposedly that car has one of the worst reliability ratings (electrical mostly).

Originally posted by somebitch

lol. why buy when you can lease? i know 5 years down the line i will not wanna be in the same car im in now.

Leasing is cool if you want to limit yourself on how much driving you can do.

I leased my first car and was always having to worry about going over the mileage;this is AFTER i brought an extra 3,000 miles a year.

Mike have you driven any of these cars yet?

. . Mike, buying a car, just like a computer is a losing proposition . . It WILL depreciate in value, so chances are you'll never make the money back that you spend on it when you buy it new at market value (IF by chance you can haggle down, thats great, but chances are you're never gonna break even . . ) . . Basically all you can do is buy the best car for YOU . . . I'd suggest the Altima but ONLY with the V6 . . the 4 is, quite frankly, pitiful for a car of that weight . .

. . . Theres also something to be said about leasing . . . Again, buying ANY car is a losing proposition unless you can get it at auction for a fraction of the price . . Chances are you aren't a dealer who can do that . . so a lease allows you to drive a shiney brand spanking new auto every few years without ever truly owning it . . and having to unload it to a buyer . . .

Leasing USED to be a much better vale a few years ago.. For instance, in feb 99 I leased my 34k dodge durango. I put 3k down, and i'm payin 304 a month for 36mths.

I went looking for a new car, and to lease a 34k car now, with about 3k down your payments would be about $550 a month- so WHY LEASE??

they used to think that cars coming off lease woudl depreciate less, they found that to be false, so now the guy who leases that car pays to make sure the bank dont loose any money...

bern

Originally posted by legend38

Leasing is cool if you want to limit yourself on how much driving you can do.

I leased my first car and was always having to worry about going over the mileage;this is AFTER i brought an extra 3,000 miles a year.

Mike have you driven any of these cars yet?

yeah the milage thing totally sux... my friend actually had her miles rolled back before she turned in her car so she woudlnt have to pay :laugh:

Originally posted by berniec

Leasing USED to be a much better vale a few years ago.. For instance, in feb 99 I leased my 34k dodge durango. I put 3k down, and i'm payin 304 a month for 36mths.

I went looking for a new car, and to lease a 34k car now, with about 3k down your payments would be about $550 a month- so WHY LEASE??

they used to think that cars coming off lease woudl depreciate less, they found that to be false, so now the guy who leases that car pays to make sure the bank dont loose any money...

bern

thank u bern..u just proved my fuckin point.

phonk-well said

bern-muthafucka im ready to make the deal...lemme know if friday or saturday is good for u.

Originally posted by quoth

ok here we go with the lease v.s. finance debate.

WHY THE MOTHERFUCK YOU GONNA LEASE A CAR WHEN U DON'T OWN JACK SHIT THE BANK OWNS IT AND THAT IS THROWING MONEY OUT THE WINDOW..in which you dont even own the fucking car.

its like renting a goddamn car for 2-3 yrs giving it back or having the option of buying it out when on paper it is STILL more expensive to buy out after making all them lease payments then if u bought it out from the get go with financing.

Christ yer not a very smart potsmoker are you?

Unless you are rich or own a business...leasing is not for you.

Why in god's name would u get bored of a car after 5 yrs??? ITS A FUCKING CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!

GETS YOU FROM POINT A to POINT B

WTF?

some good points you brought up. but if that is really the case, get a neon :cool:

leasing is stupid for ppl our age though. i know the kids down the jersey shore with their bmws are busting their asses for every month's payment

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Theres also something to be said about leasing . . . Again, buying ANY car is a losing proposition unless you can get it at auction for a fraction of the price . . Chances are you aren't a dealer who can do that . . so a lease allows you to drive a shiney brand spanking new auto every few years without ever truly owning it . . and having to unload it to a buyer . . .

:D exactly and if you can get a lease with nothing down, you are paying the same as a finance and getting rid of the car in 2 - 3 years for a brand new one.

A lease is not a good move for those with average to low incomes. If you aren't rich then its a bad move.

Let's say you buy a 30k car, you use it for a couple years and depending on how you drive it and its condition it will lose a couple grand off the original price. You can still sell that car and put that towards another car. You could have not lost more then 5gs off the value of that car unless you drive it constantly and beat it up. If you lease a 30k car you are spending a lot more then 5gs and you end up with nothing in the end. The option to buy is a stupid move