Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New DJ coming to NYC

Hello Party People My name is DJ Frankie Velez

I am a House DJ looking for Gigs and feedback from fellow Club heads.

Please visit my website and place an order for my new CD titled “inside my head†only $5.00 to help me pay for shipping and the cost of the CDs.

Thank you for the support and enjoy the music.

Frankie Velez www.frankievelez.com:

Just what NYC needs. More fuckin DJs.

Well good luck either way.

And I don't see anything wrong with charging for your cds other than it's house music which people can hear anywhere. There have been quite a few nites where I've made more on sales of my mix cds than what I got paid by the promoters. Just make sure your shit's original.

are those quotes on your website for real...

i mean, no offense man, but it doesn't look good for a DJ to admit he's new and looking for gigs, who then links to his website full of blow-sunshine-up-his-own-ass quotations of how wonderful he is.

not trying to flame you... just calling you on it before someone less polite does.

Welcome to New York.

Originally posted by heretic909

Just make sure your shit's original.

honestly, no drama.....that subsurface w/ the gas mask and "this is the underground" is fierce.....thats some original shit!! just to make it clear...i'm not trying to be a smuck....i really like that logo...

For one thing I do regret ever wasting my time with this website.

Nothing but children.

You all act like your better than everyone.

All of you make me sick!!!

I can see that real music lovers do not read this site so I will not waste another min speaking to all of you

good luck being so negative we will see where that gets you

Originally posted by frankievelez

Nothing but children.

I can see that real music lovers do not read this site so I will not waste another min speaking to all of you

You obviously have a shit load to learn in this town........good luck cause with that fuckin attitude, your ass is gonna be stuck playing weddings and 6th grade Elementary school re-unions. Don't worry though, they'll be plenty of carrot sticks and cheez-its left over for the host.

Couple people tell you whats up and not to charge for a house CD which you'll get three of from various established people on any given night and you flip........

Originally posted by underwater

honestly, no drama.....that subsurface w/ the gas mask and "this is the underground" is fierce.....thats some original shit!! just to make it clear...i'm not trying to be a smuck....i really like that logo...

Thanks. ;)

The logo for Subsurface is soon going to be changing, though. I just recently got a silkscreen press to make t-shirts, and I need a solid color design for the logo. Too many shades in the one I have now which won't work for printing t-shirts. I'm planning on, around mid-December, to get all of my new shit up and running. A whole new site with cds available by the current Subsurface collective as well as a couple of new DJs and producers, and a whole line of t-shirts available to let the world know what you really think about it. The best response I've gotten so far is the t-shirt I made that says "Society's lucky I don't own a gun". There's also going to be a Dräcos t-shirt that says "you are what they made you... make them regret it" on the back. Basically a whole line of "anti-everything" as I am utterly sick of all the bullshit out nowadays. 'True underground' for those that appreciate the trenches distanced from the mundane.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

You obviously have a shit load to learn in this town........good luck cause with that fuckin attitude, your ass is gonna be stuck playing weddings and 6th grade Elementary school re-unions. Don't worry though, they'll be plenty of carrot sticks and cheez-its left over for the host.

Couple people tell you whats up and not to charge for a house CD which you'll get three of from various established people on any given night and you flip........

i second that

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Right On Jon!;)

Nothing but children.

dam where is this dude from. what an attitude

Hehe, that website is funny....

Quotes from the unnamed....

Opening for Eddie "Biaz"....

Says he's new to NYC but brags about dancing at SF 6 years ago...

Bad poetry.....

Charging $5 to ship the CD might be one thing, but at least give me the damn tracklisting. I don't want to waste $$ on Louie DeVito sounding shit, and all I can tell from the website is that you play hard house with vocals. Thanks. That really helps me distinguish you from 10,000 other DJs in this city. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd seriously consider redesigning the web page a bit....

Also, if "feedback" is really what you want, and you already have server space, then why not put a Realaudio mix up on your site? People listening for free is much better than people not listening at all...

Not being negative, just being realistic. If "feedback" is what you wanted, then you should be more than happy to take some constructive criticism.

I am not asking people to buy my cds I am just asking to help me out with a the cost of the cds and the hard work I put into it and yes those quotes on my website are real

I do not have a shitty attitude

It’s just I am trying to do some promotion and all I get it criticism before anyone has even listened to me

this is the second website that has done this

And you say welcome to NYC well I have been spinning and been going out since 1995 so I am not a new comer

I know everyone is entitled to his or her opinion

So you can write away what you want this is not changing a thing for me

Have a good holiday

I am not asking people to buy my cds I am just asking to help me out with a the cost of the cds and the hard work I put into it and yes those quotes on my website are real

I do not have a shitty attitude

It’s just I am trying to do some promotion and all I get it criticism before anyone has even listened to me

this is the second website that has done this

And you say welcome to NYC well I have been spinning and been going out since 1995 so I am not a new comer

I know everyone is entitled to his or her opinion

So you can write away what you want this is not changing a thing for me

Have a good holiday

Hold on there, Batman. If you look at the title of this thread, it's "NEW DJ coming to NYC." If there's anyone instigating you're new, it's yourself.

You'll find that a lot of people in the NYC scene are realistic and somewhat cynical. That comes from TONS of DJ's promoting themselves and touting their own horns, when they can barely beatmatch and they're putting out mixes of "hard hard banging awesome hard shit". Makes me gag.

In this town, to seperate the wheat from the chaff, the best thing to do is GET out there and spend the least amount of money possible to get your sound out. Check out metromixradio - it's a damn good platform and gets decent exposure.

Go to parties. Hand out free demos. It costs less than a dollar per CD to make a mix and package it, so figure 20-30 bucks spent is a good way to get your sound out. Talk to promoters. Pass mixes to big name DJ's if you can. If you're new you have to realize that smooth-talking is going to be necessary and a POSITIVE attitude to criticism is mandatory.

You're unproven, and people won't put up with even the smallest amount of shit. That's the way NYC is. Get your sound out, don't be dramatic and let your mixing do the talking.

“I was walking to my apartment one night and I heard these sounds coming from what looked like a lounge. Immediately I removed my pants and began running down 14th screaming 'wicky wicky wicky!!!' and smacking my pickle against the forehead of every bum I saw! In a tizzy, I decided that it would be a great idea to go to my apartment and get my little read riding hood costume!! I love it so... the soft velvet hood and lacey garter belt. Ahh, crossdressing heaven! I began skipping down the street towards the lounge that had given me this impulse! It was the music that drew me inside. I found out later that the master DJ behind the music was Frankie Velez. He was so awesome, all I could think about was how TOTALLY SWEET the hamster orgy later was gonna be. Frankie Velez is love, embodied!†– L.L.

. . . :what: . . .

Nothing but children.

if he "regrets ever wasting time with this website", how come clubplanet is on the favorites list on his website?

stick to one story plz

bro..just a word of advice...

when i wanted to get the attention of this board and other boards to broaden my following and let people hear my sound--I mailed out my cd's to over 20 people a month....yes it costs a lil but honestly I've gotten it back 10fold already....

lession number one, sometimes u gotta spend to earn....or i guess, it takes money to make money---

well good luck with whatever u do...

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by heretic909

Just what NYC needs. More fuckin DJs.

Well good luck either way.

And I don't see anything wrong with charging for your cds other than it's house music which people can hear anywhere. There have been quite a few nites where I've made more on sales of my mix cds than what I got paid by the promoters. Just make sure your shit's original.

yah and the producers got paid shit for it :blank: