Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i didnt know gas stations ran out of gas

It happened to me when I worked at a gas station and I was the only one working that day. Our regular gas ran out, also our plus(since plus is a mixture of 30% super and 70% regular.)

There isn't an oil pipeline comes underneath the gas station with gas constantly flowing in, it gets delivered with trucks.

.. . . You dingleberries do realize that the gas has gotta come from somewhere right? . . . And theres a reason those big tanker trucks sit inside the station once every month or so with hoses going into the ground . . . But nah, I'm mistaken . . actually it's the little gasoline fairies . . with their little dipstick wands . . . They just float over all the gas stations in the country and POOF gassy splendor for all . . :aright: . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

.. . . You dingleberries do realize that the gas has gotta come from somewhere right? . . . And theres a reason those big tanker trucks sit inside the station once every month or so with hoses going into the ground . . . But nah, I'm mistaken . . actually it's the little gasoline fairies . . with their little dipstick wands . . . They just float over all the gas stations in the country and POOF gassy splendor for all . . :aright: . . .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...you're soooo not a morning person...

my only complaint is that they dont put out some sort of sign that theyre out...instead of pulling in, waiting, just so they can tell you, "...sorry sir..."

and why the fuck are we the only area without self service?

are we that fucked up?

Originally posted by nympho69

so i got to one station and they are out of gas

i go to the next and they dont have regular

weird?????

Yup.. has happened to me too.. I've even pulled into the gas station when the filler truck has been there and they didn't have regular or plus. I had to get premium. It's actually kind of aggrevating.

. . . I think New Jersey has a law that says you can't actually pump your own gas . . I am of the school of thought that if you're gonna drive the car, you pump the gas . . There's something distinctly fulfilling knowing that you're sitting there feeding your beast the fuel it needs to tear up the asphalt . . .

. . and Nick . . I am NOT a morning person . .unless of course there's certain criteria that's met (read: I'm gonna get some when I wake up) . . . :aright: . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . I am of the school of thought that if you're gonna drive the car, you pump the gas . . There's something distinctly fulfilling knowing that you're sitting there feeding your beast the fuel it needs to tear up the asphalt . . .

. . and Nick . . I am NOT a morning person . .unless of course there's certain criteria that's met (read: I'm gonna get some when I wake up) . . . :aright: . . .

troooooooooo dat...on both counts...

Originally posted by phatman

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...you're soooo not a morning person...

my only complaint is that they dont put out some sort of sign that theyre out...instead of pulling in, waiting, just so they can tell you, "...sorry sir..."

and why the fuck are we the only area without self service?

are we that fucked up?

yeah, i agree about the sign... i pulled into the station, and i'm waiting like 5 minutes while the chucklemonkey in the booth just sits there... finally i get out, and walk over, and hes like "oh, theres no gas..."

and yeah, we're the only state without self serve, right??? thats kinda funny...

You know whats great is when you see a car with Jersey plates pull up to the station in NY or Connecticut or whatever and the person inside just sits there at a self serve station. Its such a force of habit or something that someone pumps the gas for you over there that people don't realize they gotta do it themselves......

Originally posted by djjonstephen

You know whats great is when you see a car with Jersey plates pull up to the station in NY or Connecticut or whatever and the person inside just sits there at a self serve station. Its such a force of habit or something that someone pumps the gas for you over there that people don't realize they gotta do it themselves......

That's why when I'm out of state I always go to self-serve/full-serve. :D