Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The end for Maze is near...

quest4sunrise

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by quest4sunrise

I am sorry, I wanted this place to become a powerhouse more than anyone. Something needs to happen soon or it won't even last til WMC. I have much more to say, but i'LL do it tomorrow when I wake up:worry2: :cry:

nice meeting you,

but you guys are sooooooooooooooooo wrong... hog is the only guy i know that was there opening night and tonight like me. place is filling up and making a name for its self... vibe was there, and chicks and fun atmosphere...

ps sat night there is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo packed they may have to close down the door...

get the 411 before you proclaim a club to close... its ignorance like this that kills the scene.. they can live off sat night and not give a fuck about friday...

I said from the beginning that Maze was gonna float Fridays with Saturdays.

OK, the average gay guy makes like $55,000 a year. That means 50 percent of the gay population makes way more than that. Those big spenders will gravitate to Maze like flies on shit on a Saturday. Historically the building is a gay venue...so all those big spenders are gonna show up, drink like fish, and pay the mortgage on that place...

For now, that's what's gonna float the place, they're experimenting, seeing what works on a Friday, and once they find that magic formula, they're gonna go with it. Maze is gonna last, don't worry. It may not be Trance Heaven, but I'm sure they're gonna make a splash in some form...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

I said from the beginning that Maze was gonna float Fridays with Saturdays.

OK, the average gay guy makes like $55,000 a year. That means 50 percent of the gay population makes way more than that. Those big spenders will gravitate to Maze like flies on shit on a Saturday. Historically the building is a gay venue...so all those big spenders are gonna show up, drink like fish, and pay the mortgage on that place...

For now, that's what's gonna float the place, they're experimenting, seeing what works on a Friday, and once they find that magic formula, they're gonna go with it. Maze is gonna last, don't worry. It may not be Trance Heaven, but I'm sure they're gonna make a splash in some form...

thank you pod, for telling these idiots how it is.. i find it funny some are prediciting the downfall of maze (space staff) and yet they have no clue except my review to go on... maze is here to stay.... no doubt about it...

Saleen, it was nice meeting you too. You seemed much mire approachable than I had envisioned. I cant wait for some good debates with you in the futuew!

I guess time will only tell. I don't know, I was just disappointed. I mean the music was great and Armin came to mingle with the few, loyal fans (myself included), but where was the crowd? I mean this is the 5th most popular DJ in the world. He is in the upper crust by all counts and still, no one showed. I wonder what he was thinking when he saw the "crowd"?!?! If Space would have gotten him a few weeks ago like they were supposed to, we would have a totallly different story. I am just confused as shit. It is a great club inside, great sound system, cheap parking (meters) and $4 beer and water. Yes, it is out of the way, but that is the same thing they said about Space. Anyways, I hope they do stick around, but it is hard to be upbeat when I know that they put themselves in a deep whole with already paying AVB and BT. God bless the effort, it just needs the people!

I am sorry, I wanted this place to become a powerhouse more than anyone. Something needs to happen soon or it won't even last til WMC. I have much more to say, but i'LL do it tomorrow when I wake up:worry2: :cry:

:stupid::lol3::flush:

Go throw some flyers for Spin in the Miami Shores area ....

:cool::hat:

is that an insult or something? I live here because of school. Besides, it'll take alot more than my efforts to get people in the door. I will take your comments with a grain of salt though as I know your idea that the beach could hold Ultra proves aspects of dementia

Yur right ...... sorry for the misunderstanding ......

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got Miami Shores COVERED!! All I have to work with is the gift of gab though. How can I get involved with passing out flyers? Besides taking a few out of a store and passing them around I'd be more than happy to do it

---------------------------------I know your idea that the beach could hold Ultra proves aspects of dementia

Originally posted by saleen351

thank you pod, for telling these idiots how it is.. i find it funny some are prediciting the downfall of maze (space staff) and yet they have no clue except my review to go on... maze is here to stay.... no doubt about it...

Bump!

I agree the downfall of Maze is not coming soon. It takes time and a lot of effort to create a vibe. I think Maze is on to something here. Word of mouth is a good way right now to help get more people in the club. As I've heard before....Rome wasn't built in a day.

I hope that Maze DOES survive- last night i went to check it out and was pretty impressed. While not very crowded, the music was good and the inside looks kinda like a cross btwn the blue room at space and a big industrial warehouse.

Anyone who has not yet been to Maze should definitely go and check it out.

I like Maze and all, but only a few people can create the vibe those people need. One of those people is John Digweed. Book him there you'll see that place get packed. He hasn't played Miami since WMC? Its almost March again. Book him with Luke Fair opening that would be great. :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

I saw enuff last nite ....... got there around 2 am ..... don't know anyone at the door ...... ask for the guestlist ...... closed ....

Three men and a chick looking at me .... I told tham who am I ... thay have no clue ..... told them if I could please talk with Carla ... one of the three men greets me ... asks my name ...... introduces himself ....... gives me a comp ....... and in I am......

I get in ....... and am soooooooo impressed ........ everything I needed to see was there ......... except a crowd ....... as if I needed to evaluate the club ....... Saleen did the job for us last week ...... word by word ..... exact .....

Did my tour of the place ...... taken by the hand by Carla...... thanks a million Carlita...... you're the best......

saw all the faces that count when there is something as serious as this club ..... won't name them ....because all of them agreed in the same points ...... the only but .....lack of promotion ........

Carla comes back to see if everything is OK ....... introduces me to the owner ........ guess what ..... the same person who comped me at the door ....... this is class ...... I have never seen. exact .....

Did my tour of the place ...... taken by the hand by Carla...... thanks a million Carlita...... you're the best......

saw all the faces that count when there is something as serious as this club ..... won't name them ....because all of them agreed in the same points ...... the only but .....lack of promotion ........

Carla comes back to see if everything is OK ....... introduces me to the owner ........ guess what ..... the same person who comped me at the door ....... this is class ...... I have never seen this anywhere .......

I can say I saw the right promoters last night ........ the few that can make a difference there ......... guess what ....... it is almost Christmas ........ and Santa just brought the dreamed club to SOBE..... it is only a matter of time before.......

THE END

i'd love to have some serious input on the music direction of fridays. the place sounds like it's aching to be tore up! plus as of right now, i feel they are totally going in the wrong direction. and judging by the reviews the friday crowd thinks so too.

saleen and pod hit the nail on the head too. saturdays will float them for some time to come. now it's up to them to pick a solid direction for fridays. trance is a dieing monster. with the success of saturdays they can afford to experiment a bit. and build a proper night for fridays. but don't sleep too long or it will pass you by...

Miami Beach is a market that responds more to hype than it does to quality. Maze's biggest problem is that they are invisible to anyone who is not a music person.

I hope that their Saturday is good tonight without White Party to drive it. We'll see.

Marketing a club here is different than any other place. I met with the Maze people before they opened and I can tell you that they are cool people who love music and really want to make an impact. Unfortunately, this town is more likely to support a place that has celebrities in the VIP section than it is a place like Maze.

Hopefully they will learn to do business Miami Beach style before it's too late.

Dade

Originally posted by ogmiami

Miami Beach is a market that responds more to hype than it does to quality. Maze's biggest problem is that they are invisible to anyone who is not a music person.

I hope that their Saturday is good tonight without White Party to drive it. We'll see.

Marketing a club here is different than any other place. I met with the Maze people before they opened and I can tell you that they are cool people who love music and really want to make an impact. Unfortunately, this town is more likely to support a place that has celebrities in the VIP section than it is a place like Maze.

Hopefully they will learn to do business Miami Beach style before it's too late.

Dade

From your mouth...... to God's ears ..........

Bithout White Party to drive it. We'll see.

Dade

I went to their opening night with BT and was disappointed with the turn around. The club is beautiful, the soundsystem and lighting is absolutely wicked. The Layout is really kool too, the drink prices on the wall are a nice touch but there were no people in the club? The promotion's haven't been right but hopefully they could pick it up and start making an impact like they want too. Saturday nights will defenitely keep them above water, but they need to come up with a gameplan for friday nights. I could defenitely see a full on Bedrock night with John Digweed and Luke Fair opening up or maybe have Stryke open up for Josh Wink and have a full on Ovum party ...

Stryke and Wink .. You could call the night .. 'This is Acid' :) .... 303 madness to the extreme .. Yah talk to some labels do some features or something that be cool.

Bedrock - Fair & Diggers

Ovum - Stryke & Wink

Soma - Slam & Funk D'void

Excession - JZ & Sasha

Intec - Carl Cox & DJ C1

etc...

That gives you an idea. :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?