Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJs You Want to See Brought to Miami for 2003

detbasshead

Know as the year comes to a close people do all the best of shit. But be more interesting to see what people want to see happen in the upcoming year. So curious to see what DJs people on this board want to see brought to Miami (or Fort Lauderdale) for this up coming year.

:idea: Possibly some of these headz could be brought down instead of the same peeps as last year and the year before that.

My picks are

Juan Atkins

Kevin Saunderson

Leftfield

Respect

DBH

Guest saleen351

Peters

JV

JR V

Tsettos

Stryke at Maze on fridays with Jimmy T opening...

Live Performances I'd like to see:

Debra Cox

Frankie Fuentes < Who stole my sunglasses!!! Best i've ever seen.:eek: :eek: :eek:

TKA < Mariaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, still love the track

Theme parties:

Retro night < stop being a pussy LP, make DT play them on Jan 11

Freestyle on the Patio!

70's, if you dress up, you get in for free.

Also i'd like for a club to step up and throw me a BD bash mid jan. I'll promote it for free, all i ask is for a comp list that i'd run till 2am, and free beer for me, fuck my friends they can pay. Of course tsettos on the decks cough cough cough he is free jan 24 and 25 cough cough cough.... maze cough space cough spin cough star bar cough......

I would also like to add, more progressive house djs... Anthony papa was such a breath of fresh air in space. I"m all tribaled out. With TS and SL and OG its too much....... More progressive djs with vox...

Leftfield do DJ sets??? They influenced a lot of artists with their productions, but I didn't know they DJ'd as well.

As for Detroit Techno in Miami, you may want to look into a loungier place first, or one of the dance festivals they keep bringing to town.

With the exception of Nick, so far all of you have suggested good DJs, but ones Miami needs to see in a more intimate venue. Nick your DJs are definitely better fitted for a big room, if promoted right.

Saleen, you do realize TKA's latest effort from earlier this year was Euro-Trance don't you? I think there are also still a few old school Freestyle nights going on around South FL, usually mixed in with Salsa and Merengue..

As for Retro night, again just keep looking. I think Maze has a Club Classics night doesn't it?

If you're looking for old 80s Pop tunes just listen to 97.9 WRMF on the weekends, the station is a trip to listen to during their Ultimate 80s themed weekends.

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if they bring Deborah Cox to sing down in Miami sometime soon, especially with Mr. Lonely doing so well. Who knows, she might be brought in with a few other

Dance singers.

PICOTTO (When I'm in town this time! I always miss this guy).

Junior Vasquez needs to come rock SoBe again...

Other than that, I'm very content with my O.G. and Roland fix...

Lola:D

p.s. Saleen - if you want 70's night, Gerry Kelly throws a gay-ass Studio54 party like every other week.:blown: That's 70's and they even drop some retro tunes (so I hear).

Donald Glaude

Chris Lum

DJ Heather

Paul Johnson

Feelgood

John Aquaviva

Richie Hawtin

Green Velvet/Cajmere

Derrick Carter

MAZI

Halo

Janel Roland

Collette

Robert Hood

Nigel Richards

Farina

Jason Blakemoore

Doc Martin

Farley "Jackmaster" Funk

Cari Lekebush

DJ Hell

DJ Bone

Kevin Saunderson.......

way too many "DJS" to list...would not mind seeing some GOOD talent come around...thank GOD for the WMC!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by CHRles

Leftfield do DJ sets??? They influenced a lot of artists with their productions, but I didn't know they DJ'd as well.

As for Detroit Techno in Miami, you may want to look into a loungier place first, or one of the dance festivals they keep bringing to town.

With the exception of Nick, so far all of you have suggested good DJs, but ones Miami needs to see in a more intimate venue. Nick your DJs are definitely better fitted for a big room, if promoted right.

Saleen, you do realize TKA's latest effort from earlier this year was Euro-Trance don't you? I think there are also still a few old school Freestyle nights going on around South FL, usually mixed in with Salsa and Merengue..

As for Retro night, again just keep looking. I think Maze has a Club Classics night doesn't it?

If you're looking for old 80s Pop tunes just listen to 97.9 WRMF on the weekends, the station is a trip to listen to during their Ultimate 80s themed weekends.

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if they bring Deborah Cox to sing down in Miami sometime soon, especially with Mr. Lonely doing so well. Who knows, she might be brought in with a few other

Dance singers.

i was reffering to old school TKA.. they still play the jersey shore, and them pack them in..

for retro night i was thinking of 90-2000 anthems.... though if i didn't work i'd check out maze on sundays.. i love all types of muisc, well except trance and hip hop..

debra cox has got some new stuff on its way.. she is amazing to see in person. I got to touch her leg 4 years ago on nye while i was smoking a joint.

and thanks for the station, i'm gonna check it out...

i don't understand why the trance losers on this board don't push lp into doing a retro trance night.... only makes sense, since new trance sucks...

Ouch. I respect your taste in music, but I still love Trance. My guess is even you'd like sets by the likes of DJ Irene and Richard Humpty Vission who play both Trance and Chicago Hard House in their sets, but in a way that you can "guido fist pump" throughout the entire set. Also, ask Lola what she thinks of Psycho Bitch...

Some people just don't realize that just like House is a feeling, Trance is a journey. It has a lot of room to grow b/c it's not really confined to a certain BPM, it can be full of lush melodies, or more techy and minimalstic, it can be anthemy, or progressive in nature. Theres plenty of new Trance music that I really love, although having the occasional night of classic Trance anthems would rock too. If you want I can pm you a list of all the House & Trance records that made an impact on me this past month.

hmm lets see...

ANY MOONSHINE DJ'S!!!!!

(WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANOTHER MIXED LIVE SESSION HERE IN MIA)

Tom X

Dj Wag

Scott Project

Marc La Cruz

Green Velvet

JUDGE JULES AGAIN!!!

thats all i can thin kof rightnow...yoshitoshi kicked ass too though....first time on a saturday nite at space...and i heard house thru them for the first time....wow...i love it now :D

Originally posted by CHRles

DJ Irene and Richard Humpty Vission who play both Trance and Chicago Hard House in their sets, but in a way that you can "guido fist pump" throughout the entire set. Also, ask Lola what she thinks of Psycho Bitch...

I heard DJ Irene completely distroyed my friends club (the Oz Nightclub) in St. Louis.... I hear this bitch is good...

PsychoBitch and Teri Bristol - the Hard House sistas! These bitches rock. When I was in Chicago, I never heard anything or felt an energy in a club until I saw these two. Mad mad hard beats - insane vocals - dropped classic anthems and the place all but exploded!

It's too bad they wouldn't be appreciated by the crowd down here. THey are one of a kind...

Lola:D

Guest saleen351

charles, thanks for the offer for the records, but any trance is too much trance, and for the house and tribal and vox, i have all them covered, though i'm not that big of a mp3 whore any more.

Lola, i'd love to see those two play. You described exactly what the djs down here won't play, classics with vocals and hard house... cough cough og cough cough

mrtrees: marco bailey is a sick producer, not sure bout his live skills, but i skill play that caprioski track he put out last year...

but the space djs never play it:(

Originally posted by joeygk

Vic, I heard there were like 7 people at ARC last saturday for Funk d'Void and Zabs.....pretty pathetic.

but the music was great. from the Boston board:

"the night was great..i wish we had gotten there earlier to see more of zabiela but the time we had with him was AWESOME. he definitly rocked the crowd that was there (hehe) he did some wonderful scratchin...he did jump around (no pun intended brian) a bit within his music and i noticed some people had trouble following but i think how he experimented with shit was nice to hear..d void DEFINITLY made my night....i couldnt believe it was 7am already....with the exception of a few perverts and assholes there it was great!"

"OK, here's my long-winded review of the music:

Unfortunately we didn't get to the club until 2:15 - 2:30ish, so I missed the first hour or so of Zabiela's set. However, we walked into him banging out some great tech house. The first 45 mins or so that I caught were outstanding! (best of the night IMO) Mixed in some sick tech-house basslines with a couple of nasty, nasty break tracks. The scratching was SO good... better than I've heard live or in any of JZ's sets! Then for the last hour or so of his set, the music kind of lulled and came off a bit flat. Each song had a really wicked bassline, but there wasn't much on top of it. Not sure, but maybe because he was opening, he wanted to calm it a bit before Funk D'Void came on. Either way, the set was still really enjoyable... his work with the effects was superb! Loved that "Warehouse" sample he played with.

So, with a bit of a slow ending from JZ, a very small crowd, and not knowing what to expect from Funk D'Void, I was a soemwhat worried about the night. I couldn't have been more wrong. Funk D'Void started out with some good, groovy techno. Not too over-bearing, just right. As the night progressed he did an excellent job of mixing the techno into tech house, techno-house, and a bit of electro. The transition was so smooth, everything blended together seemlessly. At the beginning of the night, it was pretty much all techno... by the end, very little to no techno, and a ton of tech house, but the transition from one to the other was almost unnoticable. That was what impressed me the most with his set. He also didn't really play break-downs... instead he'd let a record play-out to it's last beat, then come on with a song that started out just blaring... he only did it a couple of times, but I liked it. Very different style.

I had a really, really good time. Funk D'Void definitely stole the show... I'm not a big fan of techno, but the stuff he played was great. Not of the Christian Smith bang-your-head-against-the-wall variety. It was very dancable. He also dropped FC Kahuna - Glitterball, one of my favorites that HAS to be heard on a big system to be enjoyed.

ARC crowd was tiny... very tiny. Made it tough to get a good vibe from the place, and it definitely had an effect on the DJs, esp. Zabiela. However, of the few that were there... they stayed. Crowd at the end of the night was about as big as any I've seen when ARC closes out"