Clubplanet Nightlife Community

reflections on evolution at exit

BobG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great party, omg the crowd i was soo shock, and the music :eek: i couldnt believe my ears, richie was AWESOME, nice meeting you:) you did great. TRIBAL BABY!!!!!

im soo glad that exit is actually changing for the best hopefully.

and yes mr. bobg, PLEAZE WORK WIT THOSE SECURITY GUARDS:)

Originally posted by zeeker

Codica3...first of all, I think you are taking this a little too personally...I am directing this not just at you, but more in general. You just happened to be the one arguing the most. Not everything I put in my posts is directed specifically at you...e.i. drink tickets and whatever doesn't apply.

First of all, I don't care if you're not directing it towards specifically me, I'm using myself as an example because I know myself better than anyone else one this board. However, you cannot deny the fact that you are talking shit about me and a lot of the people I hang out with at the club. Because some of the things you mentioned apply to us.

1. wow, no one said anything about 'bribes.' My point is that being comped etc, can strongly influence what you would say about a party.

If this: "not as a friend of the guy who's promoting who's essentially paying me to praise his club. The same shit was going on at Roxy. They'd have SHIT lineups, CP kids would get comped and get drink tickets, and in return they would try and think of good things to say about the party, even though it fucking SUCKED for the most part" doesn't sound like you're trying to say that Bobby is paying for people to say good things about his party, then I dunno what else would. :rolleyes: That sure as hell sounds like bribing to me. :rolleyes:

2. I said that I have been going to EXIT for awhile. I wasn't saying that I have been going out longer than you and you are someone new in the scene.

So have I, what's your point?

3. I'm not going to make a big deal about the comps thing...I don't know that you get comped and it's none of my business. But I have a weird feeling that you didn't pay the $25 to get in on Friday, nor do I think you'll pay it next week. My point is, how badly would you want to go if you had to shell out the cost of admission?

If you're not gonna make a big deal about it then how come you brought it up in the first place? If you knew ANYTHING about Exit, as you claim you do, then you should know how they are about comps. :rolleyes:

4. Um, I don't want to make this an argument about Roxy, but just to comment....the talent they had for awhile, other then the internationals, was not great. I don't want to get into it too much, but unless there was an international DJ there, or maybe Vicious, there was no real reason to be there, musically. On the numbers topic with Roxy, I was there on so many nights where numbers SUCKED. Even for big names...Scott Bond, Edgar V, Bad Boy Bill, Tall Paul and I was there twice on regular nights when half the fucking club was closed off, one was a night when Vicious was there.

This one is a matter of opinion, but like I said, I'd rather hear KTU's fucking commercial DJ than listen to Tony Draper.

5. You have a strong tendency towards exageration. I never said BobG was your best friend, only that it seems like you are trying to support him, more then the club. And my reasoning was that all of a sudden, when he moved to Exit, all of these people who used to hang out at Roxy are now talking about how they can't wait to hang out at Exit. This is a general observation, not necessarily one just directed at you. And by the way, it's something I am happy about. I think it's great that people want to give the place a shot again. I really don't care what anybody's motives are, just get your ass to Exit, and have a good time.

Then why are you shooting out sarcastic comments at all of us. You consistently go out of your way to say shit about some of us and then you end your accusations with how "happy" you are that we're going to Exit now. :rolleyes:

6. :laugh: :laugh: this one I'm finding funny. The whole thing about me thinking CPers are classless. Totally out of your ass on that one. I've met quite a few and everyone I have met has been rediculously cool. Again, I think you're over-exagerating on that one. Big surprise though.lol.

7th. I'm not 'attacking' anybody. I have differing views, thats all.

And as for this, last time I checked, saying that members of CP "would get comped and get drink tickets, and in return they would try and think of good things to say about the party, even though it fucking SUCKED for the most part" was a nice blow that basically says we don't support a party because we enjoy it there, we support it cause we're just following the freebies around like little people with no class or taste. It means we don't enjoy ourselves when we go out like we say we did, that we "try and think of" amazing reviews cause we feel obligated to. Because I think what it basically boils down to is that you think we're all going over to Exit now because (1) Roxy is closing down and (2) just because Bobby is over there now and that's where we're gonna get comped and get drink tickets. That's belittling of our true intentions, and I don't know about anyone else, but I find that fucking insulting. Because from your sarcastic attitude towards us, I feel like you don't believe us that we're supporting the huge change going on and that we're only going to get things for ourselves outta the whole deal. And that's fucked up of you. When you step over the line and start scrutinizing and questioning everyone's "intentions" for doing something, it gets a little unnecessary and rather annoying. I think you're trying too hard to find all the little reasons for the turn around in viewpoints at Exit and you neglect everything that's gone on in the past, as well as everyone's hopes for the future.

this entire thread is pathetic...

exit will never change...it will NEVER CHANGE...exit is a tourist attraction and a business...itll be impossible to stay exclusive to a certain crowd for a long amount of time b4 profits become a concern...

anyway, once you guys understand and accept that, youll realize that this one of the biggest cities in the world, and that there ARE other places to party where quality is the main goal in everything they do...

if you dont ever realize that, then dont ever associate yourself with me....

fuck exit...just let it go...bobby goodrich isnt the first to try and "change" it and he certainly wont be the last...

highmay, layin it down! ;)

i wish the best for BoBG's new endeavors. but it will take a lot more than just a promising team of promoters/managers to change that place around. i am not saying it's impossible, but it will take time as i am sure BobG is aware.

as with any company or business, significant changes only occur when everyone from the top to the bottom agrees to it. this includes that douchebag marvisi.

I don't have the perspective that most of you CP'ers do adn I won't pretend to know that much at all about your 'scene', but I want to interject my opinion as an outsider looking in.

Fucking Manahattan! It is right out your back door! 99% of the rest of the country wishes they even had an 'Exit' to bitch about.

Not dissing anyone, but with all of the complaints, everyone here ought to go out and patronize other places and that in-turn will make another place 'the hot-spot'. The key though here is to let the Mgmt. of Exit know what the 'majority' wants. Hopefully the also rad this board. Maybe though this board is not the majority. Maybe it's the 'underground' so to speak.

I am sure that Exit is doing its best to make itself a successful venture( read, profitable). They are in business to make money by providing a good time. Maybe the way they are doing it actually is the best way from a fiscal standpoint. This may not be the way CP'ers see it and you may be wrong. Who knows? Only time will tell with the new 'EVOLUTION'.

On another note, I've never even heard Mike Bugout spin, but with him getting props from nearly everyone here, it's a shame that he can't get (or doesn't yet have or maybe doesn't want yet) a weekly residency at a place in the city. He alone should be able to pack a decent sized club nearly every Friday/Saturday night from what I've read here.

Damn! I wish I had one 1/50 the nightlife options that you CP''ers here do. Be thankful (and I'm sure that most of you are underneath) for all that Manhattan has. I wish I lived in NYC for about 20 hours of every week (actually weekend), although I love Denver, CO the other 148 hours of the week and it works best for me overall.

I love reading all of these threads about NYC nightlife. It's the best nightlife on the face of the Earth!

Originally posted by asianvixen

sound system is still one of the worst in the city. :rolleyes:

100% true, once exit decides to get phazon sound, i might go there on a regular night, other than that..theres no way im going there to make my ears bleed. bad move imho, roxy is much nicer than exit.

Along with many other and a positive attitude

I saw a big difference this Friday and I’m glad I went there to see it...Keep up the good work and I climb aboard to support to keep this party strong, this business is almost like any other business if you keep the customers and workers happy ...things are always going to be right, Organization is the main key also....

Originally posted by x-phactor

100% true, once exit decides to get phazon sound, i might go there on a regular night, other than that..theres no way im going there to make my ears bleed. bad move imho, roxy is much nicer than exit.

just b/c a phazon system is installed it doesn't mean shit.

roxy's phazon needs some tweaking -- my ears are always ringing when i come out of that place. arc/twilo -- never a problem.

Originally posted by codica3

First of all, I don't care if you're not directing it towards specifically me, I'm using myself as an example because I know myself better than anyone else one this board. However, you cannot deny the fact that you are talking shit about me and a lot of the people I hang out with at the club. Because some of the things you mentioned apply to us.

If this: "not as a friend of the guy who's promoting who's essentially paying me to praise his club. The same shit was going on at Roxy. They'd have SHIT lineups, CP kids would get comped and get drink tickets, and in return they would try and think of good things to say about the party, even though it fucking SUCKED for the most part" doesn't sound like you're trying to say that Bobby is paying for people to say good things about his party, then I dunno what else would. :rolleyes: That sure as hell sounds like bribing to me. :rolleyes:

So have I, what's your point?

If you're not gonna make a big deal about it then how come you brought it up in the first place? If you knew ANYTHING about Exit, as you claim you do, then you should know how they are about comps. :rolleyes:

This one is a matter of opinion, but like I said, I'd rather hear KTU's fucking commercial DJ than listen to Tony Draper.

Then why are you shooting out sarcastic comments at all of us. You consistently go out of your way to say shit about some of us and then you end your accusations with how "happy" you are that we're going to Exit now. :rolleyes:

And as for this, last time I checked, saying that members of CP "would get comped and get drink tickets, and in return they would try and think of good things to say about the party, even though it fucking SUCKED for the most part" was a nice blow that basically says we don't support a party because we enjoy it there, we support it cause we're just following the freebies around like little people with no class or taste. It means we don't enjoy ourselves when we go out like we say we did, that we "try and think of" amazing reviews cause we feel obligated to. Because I think what it basically boils down to is that you think we're all going over to Exit now because (1) Roxy is closing down and (2) just because Bobby is over there now and that's where we're gonna get comped and get drink tickets. That's belittling of our true intentions, and I don't know about anyone else, but I find that fucking insulting. Because from your sarcastic attitude towards us, I feel like you don't believe us that we're supporting the huge change going on and that we're only going to get things for ourselves outta the whole deal. And that's fucked up of you. When you step over the line and start scrutinizing and questioning everyone's "intentions" for doing something, it gets a little unnecessary and rather annoying. I think you're trying too hard to find all the little reasons for the turn around in viewpoints at Exit and you neglect everything that's gone on in the past, as well as everyone's hopes for the future.

just for the record...settle down. I'm not getting offended nor am I trying to offend anyone. I'm not sitting here trying hard, podering people's intentions...I don't really know anyone on here well enough to accurately do so. lol, I'm not attacking people's integrity, or morals, or whatever you're implying. We're talking about clubs...on a message board no less. So, to reiterate, I think you're taking this a little too personally. I'm not trying to instigate or start drama, but this is just how I see things.

I'm not trying to sit here and make you agree with me, and I sure as hell don't think you expect me to agree with you. So, I just assume drop it. Hey, or we could keep arguing...up to you.

Originally posted by zeeker

just for the record...settle down. I'm not getting offended nor am I trying to offend anyone. I'm not sitting here trying hard, podering people's intentions...I don't really know anyone on here well enough to accurately do so. lol, I'm not attacking people's integrity, or morals, or whatever you're implying. We're talking about clubs...on a message board no less. So, to reiterate, I think you're taking this a little too personally. I'm not trying to instigate or start drama, but this is just how I see things.

I'm not trying to sit here and make you agree with me, and I sure as hell don't think you expect me to agree with you. So, I just assume drop it. Hey, or we could keep arguing...up to you.

I take that as you have nothing left to say. :rolleyes::tongue:

Originally posted by pyrrosdimas

On another note, I've never even heard Mike Bugout spin, but with him getting props from nearly everyone here, it's a shame that he can't get (or doesn't yet have or maybe doesn't want yet) a weekly residency at a place in the city. He alone should be able to pack a decent sized club nearly every Friday/Saturday night from what I've read here.

First off, thank you :D. My residency at exit begins this friday in the MIDNIGHT ROOM (formerly the game room). Its all about turnin Lemons into Lemonade and watch what that shitty side room becomes. It starts this friday.

Secondly--I agree 100% about the nyc argument. We're all sitting here arguing about which club is better when a lot of cities are lucky to have one club even similar to arc or to SF or exit or centro or LL or whatever...but then again, we are NY, so we do tend to argue over the luxuries no matter what...

Third--Btw reading Cody's posts and mine, you would think cody was the one in law school and not me:laugh: Cody ur gonna start coming to class with me and when i get called on Im making you talk...:D

Fourth--Bobby's original post is kinda sad. Its sad to see the Roxy go, but I see no reason why the vibe and fun we had over at Roxy cant continue in Exit's new atmosphere...

Fifth-Highmay, you've seen a lot so you know and your entitled to your opinion. Unfortunately U asked me friday where im spinnin next and its at exit now, but PM me and hopefully u can catch me. Also, u called Exit a business..very true. But unfortunately, every club is a business, just some of the other ones have owners who have more music in mind than david does.

Sixth--Xfactor, PM me also. The acoustics in that place are horrible, even a phazon wouldnt help too much. But its just so damn big take it for what it is. Of course its not gonna sound as good as arc in that small room, but it has other advantages.

Finally--Zeeker...CP's #1 Drama Queen :laugh: I see your a lil critical of the early reviews of evolution--no one is saying exit is back, i think every comment basically said its on its way...and thats all im saying. Saying that Cody and some of the CP heads only support Bobby and not the party itself is just ignorant. Most of the people who went week one from CP didnt even know Bobby--me and cody commented on how we didnt see any of the old roxy crew at exit yet...and as for us going--I went to support RICHHHHIEEE SANNNNTAAANNNAAA my good friend and one the best tribal dj's i know of--as well as the party...remember we are music fans...so whatever...no need to drag on for 10 pages, just come friday, we'll have some drinks and hear some good beats and enjoy it

Happy and Safe New Year

Mike Bugout

Zeeker, with Bob G running Exit on Friday, you know the security will be fixed. He's gonna bring in top djs. Most importantly, If anyone has a problem at Exit, now you'll have someone to talk to. Bob will fix the situation. The only thing I want to know. Whats the situation with Johnny Vicious. I hope he gets a once a month residency at Exit on Fri or Sat.

Its great to see people trying to change a nice club like exit and I definetly noticed one last friday. Better dress code, better lookin people, nice music, no problems. They should def try and get Vicious in there once a month or somethin. Cant wait for tsettos friday!!

Originally posted by highmay

this entire thread is pathetic...

exit will never change...it will NEVER CHANGE...exit is a tourist attraction and a business...itll be impossible to stay exclusive to a certain crowd for a long amount of time b4 profits become a concern...

anyway, once you guys understand and accept that, youll realize that this one of the biggest cities in the world, and that there ARE other places to party where quality is the main goal in everything they do...

if you dont ever realize that, then dont ever associate yourself with me....

fuck exit...just let it go...bobby goodrich isnt the first to try and "change" it and he certainly wont be the last...

yo word!!! listen to highmay, y'all!

Originally posted by £ddie

On another note, some of you have written longer essays in this thread than you ever have in school---and that's sad. Now everyone shut the the fuck up. It's a club, not civil rights. :aright:

Happy New Year!

;)

Negative.. you should some of the papaers I've written. :aright:

HAPPY NEW YEAR HUN! :D