Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have any of you seen Tenaglia

Kuro

Originally posted by abstractls

If you don't like a style of music, do this industry a favor, and bite your tongue. I have no place commenting on how good of a DJ AK1200, or Icee is, because I neither understand or want to know the appeal. However I do know they are some of the most respected people in there genre, and go way back, so you'll never hear me say anything negative.

In this case, though, DT does spin the type of music that raver mania and revluation like. That doesn't mean they have to like him as a DJ. It doesn't matter who or how many other people like him or if every DJ on the planet thinks he's the greatest. It's still just a matter of personal opinion.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kuro

In this case, though, DT does spin the type of music that raver mania and revluation like. That doesn't mean they have to like him as a DJ. It doesn't matter who or how many other people like him or if every DJ on the planet thinks he's the greatest. It's still just a matter of personal opinion.

yeah, like in hawaii spam i big, but i dont like spam, and i dont eat spam because i dont like it, but yet a lot of people like spam, who am i to say that they all suck because the like spam?

First of you all concerned about the drugs. STFU drugs are every where and they ar hard to be stopped. Im sure there are k heads at Arc but please do not compare it to that piece of shit club Soundfactory. Arc is very strict on not using drugs there. And Danny is very pashionate about sobriety in clubs. He is my favorite DJ. No I dont require everyone else to like him. But please dont bash something you dont know about.We all have likes and dislikes. I just wish everyone could stop being so ignorant. As for people bumping at a club yes it happens but i know it is not tolerated at Arc and you would be asked to leave. Oh yeah Arc is a club that nicely asks you to leave instead of dragging you through a wet floor and tossing you out the door.You probably saw one person doing a bump and they got away with iit . Is that a reason to bash a dj and club. Why dont you go to a rave "like they don't have anything to do with drugs"not a rave no not there!!!!!!!! Raver Mania your an idiot

I doubt that most people even know where the terms house and garage came from. Anyone care to try without actually tryign to look it up?

er... I think I know that one. didn't the term house have its roots in Chicago? Since the music was being spun in warehouses they shortened it to house music? right? As for the most respected Dj question, that is a given. The same person who produced "Padlock" (probably one of the most sought after tracks but impossible to get a hold of), remixed Taana Garnder's "heartbeat" track, and was responsible for the disco-novelty track inspired by cookie monter:laugh: ........LARRY LEVAN! am i right? am i right?!!!

Originally posted by spinsaikel

er... I think I know that one. didn't the term house have its roots in Chicago? Since the music was being spun in warehouses they shortened it to house music? right? As for the most respected Dj question, that is a given. The same person who produced "Padlock" (probably one of the most sought after tracks but impossible to get a hold of), remixed Taana Garnder's "heartbeat" track, and was responsible for the disco-novelty track inspired by cookie monter:laugh: ........LARRY LEVAN! am i right? am i right?!!!

VERY GOOD, man I should send you free promos just for knowing, yes Larry Levan has made DJing what it is, or atleast DJing dance music and mixing. Paradise Garage was the infamous club where he was at, Danny T, Junior, and a buttload of others use to watch him as they grew up. Paradise Garage would also be the origin of Garage music. And you are correct on the House term as well, out of 500 people asked this I have found 7 who actually know. Now 8.

Originally posted by foodidoo

First of you all concerned about the drugs. STFU drugs are every where and they ar hard to be stopped. Im sure there are k heads at Arc but please do not compare it to that piece of shit club Soundfactory. Arc is very strict on not using drugs there. And Danny is very pashionate about sobriety in clubs. He is my favorite DJ. No I dont require everyone else to like him. But please dont bash something you dont know about.We all have likes and dislikes. I just wish everyone could stop being so ignorant. As for people bumping at a club yes it happens but i know it is not tolerated at Arc and you would be asked to leave. Oh yeah Arc is a club that nicely asks you to leave instead of dragging you through a wet floor and tossing you out the door.You probably saw one person doing a bump and they got away with iit . Is that a reason to bash a dj and club. Why dont you go to a rave "like they don't have anything to do with drugs"not a rave no not there!!!!!!!! Raver Mania your an idiot

Well I try not to go as far as calling people names when I don't know them. I would say he is misinformed but let's not reduce ourselves to personal character attacks. But yes ARC is one of the strickest no matter what you think. And nor do I have a requirement for people to love Danny like I, but if you are going to knock him you better come at us with more than he talks on the mike. He does that to educate you. How else are you going to know. And he does that to make you part of the club. Name another big Dj that involves his crowd and makes them feel welcome. He is such a great guy, and likes to get the music out there, at WMC last year he had one of those LED signs on the side of the dance floor that said the names of some of the tracks he was playing, how fuckin cool is that. You don't have to love him, but you should respect him and everything he has done and still does for this industry, alot of the music you listen to today was influenced solely by him.

Well unless you like Deep Dish or Superchumbo or Trendroid, there isn't anyone big that spins what he spins. I heard Digweed in there somewhere, not even reomtely the same kind of music. Danny's music is an evolved Garage sound which very few large DJs do. It's almost technically impossible to say you don't like Danny but love that type of music. Danny IS that type of music.

I'm not sure if we are both passionate about music or if I'm passionate about the music industry and he is passionate about "being himself"(not an insult just a play on DTs party), maybe you are right though. It happens more often then not that people should just agree to disagree. I'm seeing that raver_mania is more of a club goer than he is part of the business and I think that is where my anger comes from. Many of us at WMC last year sat there baffled because friends of ours were fired literally the day before the conference, one of which was the guy responsible for Signing Lenny Kravitz and Janet. So I think a stance many of us have taken is no tolerance. If I took what you said out of context raver I apologize but the VP of A&R of Virgin saw this too, and concensus is most people would have said what I said that are in this business. If I took what you said the wrong way then we'll agree to disagree, either you should have said it a different way or I should have taken it a different way, and there probably is no middle ground. But in the context that I percieved it as I do not apologize to anyone else. You say that wasn't what you meant and I'll have to take your word for it, then what I said doesn't pertain to you. But if what you said wasn't taken the wrong way then it still stands. I believe that drug wars should start at the top and not at the user, btu I have also watched a dance community that started to do really well get ripped apart by people that have no respect or care for the music they just come for the drugs. Piracy is another issue unto itself, and music snobery could be a 5 pages post, so it's hard to get into what I mean. If you don't like a style of music, do this industry a favor, and bite your tongue. I have no place commenting on how good of a DJ AK1200, or Icee is, because I neither understand or want to know the appeal. However I do know they are some of the most respected people in there genre, and go way back, so you'll never hear me say anything negative.

Middle road is to agree to just disagree

Yeah, I guess we should agree to disagree. LIke Kuro mentioned I like some of what DT plays, and like I mentioned before I think DT is good, but not the best. I say this because, he sometimes plays the style I like, and sometimes he doesn't. There are other DJs out there who appeal more to my taste than DT. Also, I do not like just one specific sub-genre of music and just that. I like progressive/tribal/tech house a lot (am actually just learning how to spin it), but also love techno and psychadelic trance. I just don't enjoy pure house that much, and DT tends to play a lot of that. I'm mostly into the darker, harder stuff.

Another thing you might not know is that the DC board is a lot more closer knit than, say the NY or Jersey boards...almost all of us know each other really well and are friends. Thus, I know Kuro's taste in music (he was the one who asked the question) a lot better than you, so would be able to make a better judgement call than you. Also, no-one on here ever said don't go - even Reval said go at least once.

You came across as blaming us for not liking DT and supposedly pigeon-holing ourselves to one specific type of music - that is a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when people employ this holier than thou attitude on others just because they think their taste in music is better. Music is subjective, and no-one, and I mean no-one can dictate to others what to like and not like.

I don't think that we're disagreeing about much here - I think its mostly misunderstanding.

Well I try not to go as far as calling people names when I don't know them. I would say he is misinformed but let's not reduce ourselves to personal character attacks. But yes ARC is one of the strickest no matter what you think. And nor do I have a requirement for people to love Danny like I, but if you are going to knock him you better come at us with more than he talks on the mike. He does that to educate you. How else are you going to know. And he does that to make you part of the club. Name another big Dj that involves his crowd and makes them feel welcome. He is such a great guy, and likes to get the music out there, at WMC last year he had one of those LED signs on the side of the dance floor that said the names of some of the tracks he was playing, how fuckin cool is that. You don't have to love him, but you should respect him and everything he has done and still does for this industry, alot of the music you listen to today was influenced solely by him.

Danny Howells. I love his interaction with the crowd, the way he pumps them up, and gets them grooving. For me, thats a much better way of interacting with the crowd than talking on the mike. That thing with the LED lights I think is cool too...and a better way to inform the crowd about the music than talking on the mike. Just as you ask us to respect him, I'm going to ask you to respect our opinion on his talking on the mike.

Originally posted by foodidoo

First of all, you just belittle yourself and your "opinion" by resorting to personal attacks. People on this board are friends and know each other well, and for the most part the place is drama free. I think I can speak for the rest when I say your kind of drama and name-calling is not welcome here..please save that for the Jersey board. SEcond of all, I never said other clubs don't have drugs, I said Arc DOES have drugs in there whether Danny likes it or not. I've personally noticed the Friday crowd become more hostile and SF'ish - if you deny that maybe you go too often to notice.

I'm more of a Sat regular than Fridays and absolutely love the crowd there on Sat. I feel it has a much more positive vibe than Fridays - and this became very noticeable on the Danny vs Danny night, part 1. On that night, the "meat-head" factor was super high and the people were a LOT ruder than a regular Sat night. Granted, if you're the kind of person who's normally there on Fri nights, than I shouldn't be surprised the crowd is the way it is.

And finally, something thats said at these times:

SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA!!!:laugh:

Hoping to God he is playing at Nikki Beach again in Miami for WMC. Last year, for those of you that weren't there, wow, just fuckin wow.

Any idea when the playlists are going to come out for the WMC this year? I think I'm going to be there (along with a bunch of other members).

Yeah, I love Howells, as well as Saeed & Palash, Digweed, Carl Cox...

Deep Dish I like but their performance the last two times at Buzz was just average I thought.

Originally posted by raver_mania

Deep Dish I like but their performance the last two times at Buzz was just average I thought.

Shut up, you ignorant fuck! Deep Dish owns everytime out! ;)Except Ali whenever he's smoked too much pot and keeps it too mellow for five hours. (I don't know if that's why, but I know when I smoke a lot of pot, I spin nothing but mellow) :D

Well unless you like Deep Dish or Superchumbo or Trendroid, there isn't anyone big that spins what he spins. I heard Digweed in there somewhere, not even reomtely the same kind of music. Danny's music is an evolved Garage sound which very few large DJs do. It's almost technically impossible to say you don't like Danny but love that type of music. Danny IS that type of music.

We do like them. Particularly Superchumbo.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Shut up, you ignorant fuck! Deep Dish owns everytime out! ;)Except Ali whenever he's smoked too much pot and keeps it too mellow for five hours. (I don't know if that's why, but I know when I smoke a lot of pot, I spin nothing but mellow) :D

First of all I love Deep Dish too, and the sleeper party at WMC last year was Deep Dish at Space they supposedly blew everyone away, but 2.5 years ago they weren't that big and not technically great mixers. Only recently have they been good and it is NOT all the time. they still consider themselves babies and not in the top.

I can speak I know them personally

We do like them. Particularly Superchumbo.

Well hope you were at Trust to see him, too bad I wasn't on here earlier I woud have introduced a few of you to Tom, we brought him into 1722 after hours in Baltimore 3 years ago when he was a nobody, had an old track out on Twisted called Stuck in a Loop.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

My new favorite song ever for the moment :rolleyes: is the Superchumbo remix of Cyn 5 - Fantasy Reality. Holy fuck. Bangin'. Superchumbo rules.

Great track, and just to remind you Tom Stephan AKA Superchumbo was Danny's creation basically, he got him the signed tracks and trained him in studio work. Stephan obviously has talent and flew with it from there, but never a day goes by that he'll tell you he owes everything he is to Danny.

Well hope you were at Trust to see him, too bad I wasn't on here earlier I woud have introduced a few of you to Tom, we brought him into 1722 after hours in Baltimore 3 years ago when he was a nobody, had an old track out on Twisted called Stuck in a Loop.

Finals were starting the next day so I was pretending to be a good student and didn't go out that Sunday unfortunately. A bunch of people on here met him the first time he spun at Trust (including Revaluation and raver mania :D )

Finals were starting the next day so I was pretending to be a good student and didn't go out that Sunday unfortunately. A bunch of people on here met him the first time he spun at Trust (including Revaluation and raver mania :D )

No, I didn't go see him at Trust. I decided to go the techno party instead that night.