Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have any of you seen Tenaglia

Kuro

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kuro

on a regular night at Be Yourself at Vinyl/Arc? How is he?

All over the place. A lil Junior, a lil Dark, super tribal, a lil more Junior, DiscoFunkyThang, and annoying everyone by talking on the mic wayyyy too much....

prolly worth the one time $25 only to say you've been. Unless you're spiritually moved like the regulars, you prolly won't go again

I'm going up for Jeff Mills on Saturday, but was considering catching DT on Friday, too. Maybe I will go just to have gone to a Be Yourself party at least once. I do remember him being on the mic at DT/DH back in June. I don't like that.

If you have never seen him, it's definetly worth going at least once. He rips it. Dark, Hard House. But he does talk alot. Vinyl/ARC is a great scene too, considering what else there is to offer. Closest thing to Buzz (RIP) in NYC. No dress code, no bs, but no booze either.

$25

Originally posted by Kuro

I'm going up for Jeff Mills on Saturday, but was considering catching DT on Friday, too. Maybe I will go just to have gone to a Be Yourself party at least once. I do remember him being on the mic at DT/DH back in June. I don't like that.

stop bs'ing we all know your really going to exit on friday and saturday

Originally posted by revaluation

All over the place. A lil Junior, a lil Dark, super tribal, a lil more Junior, DiscoFunkyThang, and annoying everyone by talking on the mic wayyyy too much....

prolly worth the one time $25 only to say you've been. Unless you're spiritually moved like the regulars, you prolly won't go again

Are you kidding?! Was this just once?

Every time I've been he's been incredible - and I have never heard him talk once until the very very end of the night right before he goes off, or unless someone fucks up and is ruining the vibe.

He keeps awesome energy in that room and I'd highly suggest going to see him - he's one of the only DJ's that can make me dance even when I'm too tired to remember to breathe :)

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Are you kidding?! Was this just once?

Every time I've been he's been incredible - and I have never heard him talk once until the very very end of the night right before he goes off, or unless someone fucks up and is ruining the vibe.

He keeps awesome energy in that room and I'd highly suggest going to see him - he's one of the only DJ's that can make me dance even when I'm too tired to remember to breathe :)

DH Vs DT Part 1....Danny Howells started, and at about 5:30am DT came on, and I kid you not, I think he talked till like 6:30am!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

A bunch of us were there...they can testify to that.

Originally posted by raver_mania

DH Vs DT Part 1....Danny Howells started, and at about 5:30am DT came on, and I kid you not, I think he talked till like 6:30am!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

A bunch of us were there...they can testify to that.

werd. it was like he was talking to himself...and then he dropeed his 50 minute remix of "touch me" :zzz:

I wasnt there for that danny vs danny, but i know alot of times he only gets on the mic to introduce a new track that no ones heard before or to point out the historical significance of a track or its artist. I usually find this pretty cool and in the case of the new tracks, if i like them i dont have to ask everyone i know whether or not they know the name, or artist, or where i can get it. Some people like it, some people don't...atleast give yourself the chance to figure out which you are. I have seen Danny 50x times and I love his style.

Joe

Originally posted by axe

Who is jimi??? Go and see Danny on Jan 31 - 12 hour set!!!!

who is jimi? He's only the best frankie goes to hollywood impersonator in town! Not only that, he will grind your mother and your daughters into prepubescent treats. As for danny, how dare someone say that he spins hard house? I despise those 2 words together. HARD.....HOUSE. Barf-o-rama. Would you guys say he spins hard house? I wouldn't. When 5:30 rolled around, i was slapping todd's forehead and calling him fatgirl. but I don't remember him talking till 6:30. anyway, as you were...........

DT can be amazing at arc but i have seen him also at his worst. he is very unpredictable and the crowd on fridays is horrible. if you are in town i guess it is worth going to but his aniversary party is at the end of the month and that one would probably be better to go to if you have the option.

hope i get to see you at jeff mills. :)

Originally posted by spinsaikel

As for danny, how dare someone say that he spins hard house? I despise those 2 words together. HARD.....HOUSE. Barf-o-rama. Would you guys say he spins hard house? I wouldn't.

Hey, there's no need to get your panties in a bind, you hissy sissy. I'm sure he meant Hard House as Hard, bangin', US style house, and not UK Hard House. There's a difference.

Originally posted by revaluation

You obviously know very little of the industry. Danny's nickname is "the father", every domestic DJ and alot of international respect him higher than anyone else. He isn't all over the place, what he has done is broken the mold that is teh problem with dance music, he plays the track if it's good. I'm so sick of just tech house fans, or just prog trance fans, this is why labels go out of business. Dance music is dance music, the lines are being erased. He is also very big on no drugs, no alcohol, it's about music, so if you want to go get fu**ed up he will tell you in advance do not come. As a matter of fact that is a direct quote.

He talks because his crowd is one of the most loyal in the world. Maybe you were annoyed but I garauntee no one else was. he is educating people on music, and having fun, that is why it is called "BE YOURSELF"

Learn your history before you speak

Originally posted by hotcheme

DT can be amazing at arc but i have seen him also at his worst. he is very unpredictable and the crowd on fridays is horrible. if you are in town i guess it is worth going to but his aniversary party is at the end of the month and that one would probably be better to go to if you have the option.

hope i get to see you at jeff mills. :)

Oh yeah that's what we want predictable DJs, which is most every trance DJ in the world ()and break, and house). He experiments which is how he is considered one of the best if not the best, and technical wise there are few that can top him. ARC is an amazingly fun time, if you are there for the right reasons, and actually like good music not the repetitive crap that labels have been feeding for the last 3 years. And the best party by far is his 14-20 hour marathon at Space in Miami a the Winter Music Conference, heck even Carl Cox was on the speaker dancing for an hour. An unprecidented amount of big name DJs go to see him, it is considered the most sought after party of the year

Guest jroo
Originally posted by abstractls

You obviously know very little of the industry. Danny's nickname is "the father", every domestic DJ and alot of international respect him higher than anyone else. He isn't all over the place, what he has done is broken the mold that is teh problem with dance music, he plays the track if it's good. I'm so sick of just tech house fans, or just prog trance fans, this is why labels go out of business. Dance music is dance music, the lines are being erased. He is also very big on no drugs, no alcohol, it's about music, so if you want to go get fu**ed up he will tell you in advance do not come. As a matter of fact that is a direct quote.

He talks because his crowd is one of the most loyal in the world. Maybe you were annoyed but I garauntee no one else was. he is educating people on music, and having fun, that is why it is called "BE YOURSELF"

im thinking its about to get wild in this thread! :) let's see if reval is still alive after friday night, i dont know how i am.

Originally posted by abstractls

Excuse me, but who the hell are you to judge other people's tastes in dance music! SO what, if prog fans just like prog, its their perogative, and has nothing to do with "knowing the industry". Yeah, DT is big and respected by most DJs but if we don't like him, we don't like him. I personally hate the fact that he talks, and prefer numerous other DJs over him.

The BE YOURSELF theme is also a farce...its "be yourself if you're like us and don't drink, or bring glowsticks, or stand arouund, etc, etc"! As long as I'm not bothering anybody else, and want to get fucked up, then that again is my perogative!

I hate when ppl get on their soapboxes and think they can lecture others on how "they don't know the industry"!

:mad: