Clubplanet Nightlife Community

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

:D ...yeh man..them midwestern suburbanites know what beef is...they know that beef is when u need 2 gats to go to sleep..they know beef is when ur enemies start ur jeep...shits rough around them parts..they cant walk home alone..

...I am very proud to say that I am from the suburbs, NOT caucasian, and have NO idea what you just said...:aright:...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

... I'd put Outkast up there too...They've always been inventive and tight...

I agree.

But there is no one that has an album out RIGHT NOW "mainstream" as we speak that comes close to 50. Am I wrong??

Originally posted by kaligirl

I mean really, there is no one out there right now that comes close to him. Can any of you haters name someone? And Eminem dosen't count.

I personally think Nas will blown him away as a story-teller/lyricist ANY DAY.

I mean really, there is no one out there right now that comes close to him. Can any of you haters name someone? And Eminem dosen't count.

And on a side note. Did anyone else hear Jay-Z on hot 97 the other day saying he was retiring? Its about time, he fell off awhile ago.

Eminem doesn't count? Uhhhhh, why not?

And if I was listening to the same interview on Hot97, he never said he was retiring. Angie Martinez interviewed him and he said he was 'getting a little tired of the game,' and said he might do some other stuff for awhile, but never said he would retire.

Originally posted by Codica3

I personally think Nas will blown him away as a story-teller/lyricist ANY DAY.

nas is actually my fav rapper ever.. but as for raw talent in the art of rapping, there are so many other rappers that surpass him, such as 50, and thats almost subjective

Originally posted by djjonstephen

actually, you're right

I burned a copy of it

I wouldn't waste my money on it.................

lemme guess, you own it right? True gangsta

i own everything 50 ever put out..and i hate seeing people shit on him because of hot 97 overkill. he might not be on an intellectual tip like talib or mos...but he's got a flow..he's got ill rhymes..and now he's got the best producer in the game behind him. basically..what it comes down to..is that everyone hating is hatin him because of hot 97/MTV rotation...and thats just plain bullshit ...

Originally posted by zeeker

Eminem doesn't count? Uhhhhh, why not?

And if I was listening to the same interview on Hot97, he never said he was retiring. Angie Martinez interviewed him and he said he was 'getting a little tired of the game,' and said he might do some other stuff for awhile, but never said he would retire.

Uhh because Eminem is the one who put him on. There is no reason to compare the two.

And from I gathered from the interview was that Jay-Z was done putting out albums. So hence "retiring" from that. He said he might do other stuff, but he didn't know yet.

Uhh because Eminem is the one who put him on. There is no reason to compare the two.

why not? Eminem is heads above 50 cent in like, every respect.

...but he didn't know yet.

exactly, hence 'not retiring.' :)

Originally posted by zeeker

why not? Eminem is heads above 50 cent in like, every respect.

exactly, hence 'not retiring.' :)

Damm why do you have to be so technical? :)

Yes we all know Eminem is 10 times better than 50. Ahh whatever. You get the point I was trying to make.

I meant retiring from making albums, not everything else.

And from I gathered from the interview was that Jay-Z was done putting out albums. So hence "retiring" from that. He said he might do other stuff, but he didn't know yet.

i dont understand your reasoning.. why cant you compare the two rappers? the fact that em put 50 on doesnt mean em is better then him in anyway. does that really change someone's talent or skill? most defintly not. such as how Dre put on em, but its almost a fact that em is a better then dre in all ways. now if you were to compare the two in ways of whos a better producer, then u cant compare em to 50, cuz 50 aint a producer, just get your logic right.

just my 50 cents.

Originally posted by kial

i dont understand your reasoning.. why cant you compare the two rappers? the fact that em put 50 on doesnt mean em is better then him in anyway. does that really change someone's talent or skill? most defintly not. such as how Dre put on em, but its almost a fact that em is a better then dre in all ways. now if you were to compare the two in ways of whos a better producer, then u cant compare em to 50, cuz 50 aint a producer, just get your logic right.

just my 50 cents.

My logic is fine, I think people are just misunderstanding what I was asking. You can compare them, thats not a question. I was simply asking for people to give me names of rappers (mainstream) that had albums out right now that could fuck with 50's.

I didn't just want people to say Eminem. Thats all!! Geezzzz!!!

My logic is fine, I think people are just misunderstanding what I was asking. You can compare them, thats not a question. I was simply asking for people to give me names of rappers (mainstream) that had albums out right now that could fuck with 50's.

I didn't just want people to say Eminem. Thats all!! Geezzzz!!!

vanilla ice greatest hits featuring mc hammer is due out this friday.. hot shit right therrrrrrr

heres a list..AGAIN...

the good die young

evil that men do ft. cardan

Streets of NY

Nobody Likes Me

Rowdy Rowdy...

Ok, I'll say this...first off I haven't heard too much of 50's shit from back in the day, so I will check out some of these that you have listed that I haven't heard yet simply to get a better idea of why this guy came on the map in the first place.

I'm not ignorant to hip hop at all, I've been into it for a very long time now, and this culture has seen its share of amazing lyricists throughout the yrs...two of my favorites story tellers ever Nas and Slick Rick, not to mention KRS One, Rakim, most the Wu, Tribe, and of course the regular favorites Biggie and Eminem. This being said, based on 50's CURRENT album I can't say that I am impressed at all. I mean it's catchy commerical shit, but his rhymes aren't close to genius with this work at least, and then there is slow dragged out flow he has, but we won't get into that.

Why was he number one on the charts? First off, kid had a maaaajor buzz going on him which has been surging in the underground for quite some time now, and as his major label release got closer, spilled over into the mainstream. You can't buy better promotion than that.

And why did he go commercial with this one? Wild guess here people--MONEY.

Some ppl won't compromise their skill and rawness for money, but some will. And you know what, if I were him I probably would have done the same thing, if I was scrounging for cash by peddling crack. Which sounds better, the crack game or the rap game?

Nobody can know what they would do if they were in that situation, but my guess is that a majority would choose to sell out as so many of these rappers have.

Originally posted by sdeelite

Ok, I'll say this...first off I haven't heard too much of 50's shit from back in the day, so I will check out some of these that you have listed that I haven't heard yet simply to get a better idea of why this guy came on the map in the first place.

I'm not ignorant to hip hop at all, I've been into it for a very long time now, and this culture has seen its share of amazing lyricists throughout the yrs...two of my favorites story tellers ever Nas and Slick Rick, not to mention KRS One, Rakim, most the Wu, Tribe, and of course the regular favorites Biggie and Eminem. This being said, based on 50's CURRENT album I can't say that I am impressed at all. I mean it's catchy commerical shit, but his rhymes aren't close to genius with this work at least, and then there is slow dragged out flow he has, but we won't get into that.

Why was he number one on the charts? First off, kid had a maaaajor buzz going on him which has been surging in the underground for quite some time now, and as his major label release got closer, spilled over into the mainstream. You can't buy better promotion than that.

Some ppl won't compromise their skill and rawness for money, but some will. And you know what, if I were him I probably would have done the same thing, if I was scrounging for cash by peddling crack. Which sounds better, the crack game or the rap game?

Nobody can know what they would do if they were in that situation, but my guess is that a majority would choose to sell out as so many of these rappers have.

So your going to fault the guy for wanting to make money? He is very much respected as an underground rapper and now as a mainstram rapper. The guy has albums out in the streets that will never be mainstream.

50's whole deal is wanting to be respected on the streets and as a mainstream rapper. I think he has achieved that and deserves to be where he is at right now.

As for all the other guys you have listed you can't compare them. Most of the people you mentioned have not had an album out in how long? The rap game has changed since say KRS One, Rakim, Wu ect came out. Times have changed!!

So really I don't know what you are trying to get at here.

So your going to fault the guy for wanting to make money? He is very much respected as an underground rapper and now as a mainstram rapper. The guy has albums out in the streets that will never be mainstream.

50's whole deal is wanting to be respected on the streets and as a mainstream rapper. I think he has achieved that and deserves to be where he is at right now.

As for all the other guys you have listed you can't compare them. Most of the people you mentioned have not had an album out in how long? The rap game has changed since say KRS One, Rakim, Wu ect came out. Times have changed!!

So really I don't know what you are trying to get at here.

Umm...you pretty much just reiterated all my points, I agree with you:rolleyes:

Not knocking the guy for wanting some money,

I was just explaining the situation.

As for mentioning the older mc's, if it wasn't for them some of these new ones wouldn't be around right now or have the chance to shine the way that they have. Was just trying to give credit to everyone who has come up through the years.

You have to give respect to everyone who deserves it NEW or not.

Umm...you pretty much just reiterated all my points, I agree with you:rolleyes:

Not knocking the guy for wanting some money,

I was just explaining the situation.

As for mentioning the older mc's, if it wasn't for them some of these new ones wouldn't be around right now or have the chance to shine the way that they have. Was just trying to give credit to everyone who has come up through the years.

You have to give respect to everyone who deserves it NEW or not.

Well I guess we all just have t word it our own way ya know.:laugh:

At least there is someone who agrees with me.

Originally posted by kial

nas is actually my fav rapper ever.. but as for raw talent in the art of rapping, there are so many other rappers that surpass him, such as 50, and thats almost subjective

Well kial there may be rappers that surpass Nas, but IMO 50 Cent is not one of them.

*on a side note*

All of the posts on this thread are subjective views a.k.a. OPINIONS so I dunno why people are getting all fired up. :rolleyes:

u gota realize where im comin from. ive been listenin to this cat for like 5 yrs...he grew up like 10 mins away from me. i have everything he ever put out....and now i gota listen to criticism from people who listened to his "first" album? people that dont know shit about him..people that dont know what kinda skills he has...

there was a time when u could put the Sesame Street beat in the background..have 50 spit over it..and he'd fuckin murder it...and he still can. the backlash comes from OVERKILL on the radio. and it isnt fair..its bullshit.

and seriously..can u blame a nigga for makin some money? shit...it took 5 yrs for someone to take him seriously..he burnt himself with that How To Rob shit..but he kept it street..and he finally saw an opportunity and took it..I aint mad at him..

Originally posted by Codica3

Well kial there may be rappers that surpass Nas, but IMO 50 Cent is not one of them.

*on a side note*

All of the posts on this thread are subjective views a.k.a. OPINIONS so I dunno why people are getting all fired up. :rolleyes:

ah cody check it out..Nas is definitely doin his thing to get back to where he was...but he can do that...before u bash 50..look back to what Nas has done..its a parallel career...

u come street..u get props ... u go mainstream..ur wearin pink suits.....ur next 3 albums sell double WOOD...u do a song with Puffy durin the Puffy backlash..u catch beef....u go back to ur old ways...and ur the king of the streets again...

it'll happen with 50..just like it happened with Nas..u just wont see 50 wearin pink suits

the pink suits thing was a tad corny. but puff or not, many people anywhere, underground or not regard "hate me now" as a classic. krs-one even regards that as one of his favorite songs ever, and he's certainly not what you would call a proto-typical mainstream artist.

ah cody check it out..Nas is definitely doin his thing to get back to where he was...but he can do that...before u bash 50..look back to what Nas has done..its a parallel career...

u come street..u get props ... u go mainstream..ur wearin pink suits.....ur next 3 albums sell double WOOD...u do a song with Puffy durin the Puffy backlash..u catch beef....u go back to ur old ways...and ur the king of the streets again...

it'll happen with 50..just like it happened with Nas..u just wont see 50 wearin pink suits

I'm not arguing about money, marketing, presentation, what they wear, etc.. I'm saying I think Nas is a better lyricist in general. That's all. I think Nas is one of the great story-tellers in the industry. I don't think 50 is.