Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FERRY CORSTEN April 18th with spec. guest T.B.A@MIX $25

Originally posted by hotelie

You are bringing in Ferry Corsten at the same time PvD is in town and you are doing something wrong...:tongue:

I guess you weren't one of the many who waited on line at Roxy a few weeks ago who got told to go home because occupancy was reached. You think those kids would have liked Ferry Corsten at SF as an option? Yup, I do too. It's a GOOD thing when you have to make a choice between guys like that in this city now.

Originally posted by zeeker

I guess you weren't one of the many who waited on line at Roxy a few weeks ago who got told to go home because occupancy was reached. You think those kids would have liked Ferry Corsten at SF as an option? Yup, I do too. It's a GOOD thing when you have to make a choice between guys like that in this city now.

I actually was one of the unfortunate ones who got a ticket beforehand, waited almost 2hrs in line and didn't get in. And yes, many people probably would have gone over to F.Corsten if that had been an option. But I still think that S.F. is going to be much emptier than it could be if PvD would not be in town, since many of the people who would have gone to F.Corsten if he'd been the sole option rather go to PvD.

I didn't go to Ferry Corsten when he was here last December. But from what I heard, Roxy wasn't as packed as it could have been. And at that time Corsten was the only big name in town. So now, when he is competing against PvD for drawing crowds I wonder if sell enough tickets to make it a profitable/worthwhile night. Should they not, I hope they will not blame it on Ferry Corsten, but rather realize that PvD has a huge following in the city and that was the reason.

But I totally agree with you that having options like this where it becomes hard to choose are definitely better. I just hope it won't influence future bookings/appearances by these DJs.

Originally posted by lillizzy

how do two big names like that get booked on the same night...

The D.J.'s are booked when they are available. We do not care what other D.J.'s people have booked on any given night. Especially when the competing venue has a capacity of only 2100 or so and is charging $40 and $50. There are plenty of people to go around in New York City. Our capacity is much greater than that, and our ticket price is only $25. Furthermore, If you know anything about the electronic music scene, Ferry Corsten is a Great D.J., Currently ranked # 9 in the world. Choose wisely and have a great night!

is it the 11th or the 18th?

either way, everyone will be at Roxy. i don't doubt that.

it's nice to have 2 big name DJs in town at the same time. however, when you are catering to the same exact crowd, you are trying to split hairs and it's clear where the masses will go.

good luck to the party anyway. but if you are just awaiting the crowd that "won't get into PvD", then you'll just have a bunch of pissed off clubbers arriving at around 4-5 am. who's going to be there beforehand?

what are you people talking about?????

Ferry Corsten isn't some small tiem DJ, he's fucking huge. PVD will be coming only two months after his last appearance, and SF will be charging a good amount less. Now, I have no doubt that a lot of people might be turned away by the whole SF thing that night, just because of the crowd. But I have seen PVD 4 times so far, and Ferry once. I will sure as hell be at SF, having paid $20 for an advance ticket.

Originally posted by zeeker

what are you people talking about?????

Ferry Corsten isn't some small tiem DJ, he's fucking huge. PVD will be coming only two months after his last appearance, and SF will be charging a good amount less. Now, I have no doubt that a lot of people might be turned away by the whole SF thing that night, just because of the crowd. But I have seen PVD 4 times so far, and Ferry once. I will sure as hell be at SF, having paid $20 for an advance ticket.

AMEN!

I'm guessing this happened cuz PvD was booked very recently since he would be passing by the city on his tour anyway. As far as crowd goes, PvD will surely draw a bigger crowd because he's more known to the city (since the Twilo days..).

But I'm sure Corsten's gonna hold his own just fine. $25 is a great price for a quality DJ and there are ppl who don't want to pay double or deal with the potential Roxy BS..... If however by some strange twist of fate, PvD also runs for $25.... then it's a whole different story....

Nonetheless, it's all a good thing for the NYC nightlife...

Originally posted by maximazero

If however by some strange twist of fate, PvD also runs for $25.... then it's a whole different story....

As much as I would hope for this...It is just not gonna happen. Plus I am sure that they will do something for honoring those ticketholders who didn't get in last time and still have their tix. And they all paid $40.

Originally posted by lillizzy

you're catering to the same crowd though, its not fair, i think pvd does drawa larger crowd though...

i think this competition in the city of world class dj;s is just what nyc needs. and your prolly right about pvd drawing a larger crowd cuz of his popularity thourhg out the twilo days but, it wont matter hoiw many popele like who, because there both going to be sold out or brought to capacity regardless... but if somone were to like these two dj;s equally, ferry would have to be the one to favor : 1st because its much cheaper, and secondly, the space at factory is so much better and there venue lasts till the afterhours.

Originally posted by kial

but if somone were to like these two dj;s equally, ferry would have to be the one to favor : 1st because its much cheaper, and secondly, the space at factory is so much better and there venue lasts till the afterhours.

this is by far the most ignorant answer ive seen on a messageboard in days...your stupidity on the matter shines right through...

i LOVE for you respond back to this explaining point by point why SF is a better venue and how you suddenly get blessed with exclusive information on how roxy suddenly starts closing before SF...

or should we just conclude that youre simply partial and you didnt help out your side whatsoever by those poorly thought out comments?? i need a good laugh you stupid clown...