Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ever wanted to see **LAURENT GARNIER** ?!?

Guest pleazure

Guest pleazure

Now you know if we were coming back, we would do it like no other...

RESURRECTING PLEAZURE

this was confirmed just hours ago ... check out this weekend! please read below

performing an extended FOUR HOUR SET in an intimiate venue

**LAURENT GARNIER** Thursday April 17

It just doesn't get any bigger or better than this! You must believe me when I say this is a once in a lifetime experience. LAURENT GARNIER at most only confirms 3 USA dates per year and Pleazure has been working on this date for over SIX years. I can almost guarantee that you will NEVER get this opportunity again!!

VOTED BEST INTERNATIONAL DJ by the music press, this is a DJ performs eclectic sets that must be EXPERIENCED!! Laurent is considered the FIRST ambassador of House and Techno abroad and also the FIRST French DJ invited within the framework of the prestigious Radio One. His monumental productions expand over a decade including works on F Communications.

He is more technically sound than Jeff Mills or Richie Hawtin,

he is more elusive than Danny Tenaglia...

he will leave you spellbound and breathless...

He is LAURENT GARNIER !!!

Check out more music, bio and videos (and bask in his hotness) on:

http://www.laurentgarnier.com/

more info soon to come

and the next night

Friday April 18

**APHRODITE**

Aphrodite should need no introduction, especially since some the serious 'mash up the place' drums and rolling bass delivered to world and beyond have come from his camp. But there is more progression. He has expanded into garage with Danielle Montana for new releases, also worked on Mary J Blige remix.

Progressing his sound, check it out for yourself.

http://www.urbantakeover.co.uk/

more details to come!!

and YES, Pleazure cards will be honored!

I can't believe there are people on this board who claim to love Techno, but at the same time make fun of Laurent Garnier.

Whats so funny about spinning in Atlanta? Have you ever went clubbing there? A good number of Miami DJs have spun or would love to spin there, that's a fact.

Both Sasha and Timo Maas are playing in the ATL this week.

Are they big enough for you?

Anyways, a lot of people outside of Miami might be reading this board, especially with the WMC around the corner and all. Maybe some of them aren't too far from Atlanta, or are planning to head out there sometime in the near future. I'm sure some of them would appreciate the info on Garnier, especially when you consider how rarely he comes to play in the States.

Guest saleen351

the big boys play NYC or Miami if they only come over a couple times a year... its not about liking a genre of music or a particular dj.. Sorta like when any baseball player has a chance to pitch for any team they all want the yankees...

Guest pleazure

not that I care to argue, but being a promoter for seven years and since I have over 100 of my own shows under my belt, I feel I am qualified to know whether or not a particular DJ comes to the states more often than not. Especially when we are talking techno.

I also know that I have worked on this date for over six years.

Laurent Garnier's only 2003 dates include Atlanta, NYC and Chicago.

And as a booking agent over the years for the likes of LTJ Bukem and Roger Sanchez (to name a few) I have planned quite a few tours where I never even hit Miami so please drop the elitist attitude. Believe it or not, Atlanta is a thriving and major metropolitan area and guess what? we know music.

I hope that some folks that are into serious music and don't mind a trip can come experience this show. I can guarantee a good time.

Jennifer

so fuckin' pissed off he's not playing Miami.

Saleen you say you like techno go hear this guy. He will blow you the fuck away and drop you off in a pool somewhere near jersey. I usually sit back and let you hate on dj's but this is one of the most talented motherfuckers on the planet. If he's not playing Miami is cause a) they don't think he will draw a crowd here B) no one cares enough to pick him up which is a shame c) there is no techno scene here which is also a shame because we don't get techno here unless its wmc .. fuckin marco carola played at bed on a wednesday last year and no one knew about it .. is that a fuckin problem or what? i'm tired of the bullshit .. you wanna support techno then do somethin about it. picotto is not techno.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

and on that note lets get back to the mutherfucking program.

dddddaaaaammmmmnnnnnn........

atlanta might not have the same scene as Miami...but they have a scene....they have to start from somewhere....keep up the good work, Jennifer....if u bring good Djs and expose atlanta to good quality Djs, atlanta will have its own scene and particular style...good job:aright:

• 4 weeks later...

here is all the info you need for your trip to Atlanta for Laurent Garnier... stay the weekend and get in FREE to Aphrodite and Hernan Cattaneo the next night (arrive before midnight)

NEXT THURSDAY

April 17, 2003

Atlanta, GA

Pleazure and the Crescent Room present

***L A U R E N T G A R N I E R*** (F Communications / France)

It just doesn't get any bigger or better than this! You must believe me when I say this is a once in a lifetime experience. LAURENT GARNIER at most only confirms 3 USA dates per year and Pleazure has been working on this date for over SIX years. I can almost guarantee that you will NEVER get this opportunity again!!

VOTED BEST INTERNATIONAL DJ by the music press, this is a DJ performs eclectic sets that must be EXPERIENCED!! Laurent is considered the FIRST ambassador of House and Techno abroad and also the FIRST French DJ invited within the framework of the prestigious Radio One. His monumental productions expand over a decade including works on F Communications.

He is more technically sound than Jeff Mills or Richie Hawtin,

he is more elusive than Danny Tenaglia...

he will leave you spellbound and breathless...

He is LAURENT GARNIER !!!

Check out more music, bio and videos (and bask in his hotness) on:

http://www.laurentgarnier.com/

more info at www.pleazure.net

$15 presale @ Satellite Records

or arrive early at the door for $20

$3 brew all night long!

The Crescent Room can be found 1136 Crescent Avenue in Midtown Atlanta

for more info please call 404-875-5252

visit us at www.crescentroom.com or www.pleazure.net

CHECK OUT the interior renovations, new soundsystem and DJ booth location, LOW drink prices ( $2 PBR draft and $3 Guinness draft all the time!) POOL TABLE in the back room

and watch out for these other amazing events:

Sat. April 12 - R O G E R S A N C H E Z @ Vision (www.pleazure.net)

Thurs April 17 - L A U R E N T G A R N I E R @ Crescent Room (www.pleazure.net)

Fri April 18 - APHRODITE for F R E E @ Crescent Room (www.pleazure.net)

Sat April 19 - HERNAN CATTANEO @ Crescent Room ($10)

Fri May 16 - F R E A K S *LIVE* @ Crescent Room

Sat June 13 - DJ Heather @ Crescent Room

Originally posted by saleen351

he is so big, he is spining atlanta:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what's wrong with spinning in atlanta!? i love playing there. i will be attending this event to support pleazure (who was the first promoter to bring me to atlanta!) good to have pleazure baack :) looking forward to some good music. at least i know that the event will be done right. if laurent came to miami now, i think he'd be a little disappointed. but, we're working to change that. anyway, good stuff. looking forward to it.

paz,

stryke

Laurent is a great talent, no doubt...no one's disputing that here.

But I can identify 99 percent of the crowd by first name that would be at his set in Miami....in other words, it'd be hard for a club or promoter to break even by bringing him down...damn shame, but it's true.

The only venue that could do it and stand to come out alright is Nerve, due to the small size. Nervemiami, you paying attention? :)

I'd like to see him and Stryke in one night.

I remember seeing Laurent Garnier play down here a few years ago to a handful of people in BASH or some other small club, also Jeff Mills played the same place all I remember that it was a great eclectic set of techy house to Techno I guess kinda what DT does of different genre's through the evening